Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

TPMS SMARTTYRE disconnect question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 09:41 AM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
TPMS SMARTTYRE disconnect question

Can you disconnect or modify the TPMS system, so that you don't get the annoying 0 pressure warning and the traction control can be disengaged?

Just don't want to pay $1,500 - $2,000 to get the new sensors, mount them and get them registered to the system.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:04 AM
yankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond repute
My understanding is the TPMS unit needed to be unplugged / bypassed before it sends the fault due to sensor failure. There is a thread from a few years back on how to do this... with photos. If you are already seeing the fault I believe the dealer needs to clear it.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:21 AM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Old 07-17-2017, 11:27 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Traction Control has nothing to do with the Smartire system.(?) 2007 MY you just unplug the module=no fault messages or warning lights involved. 2008 MY up you need some wiring skills.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:53 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
2006 - we pulled the whole module and put it in the parts bin. We were able to follow the sensor wires back to the main harness and disconnect there so there are no wires tied back.

chr

Old 07-17-2017, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Traction Control has nothing to do with the Smartire system.(?) 2007 MY you just unplug the module=no fault messages or warning lights involved. 2008 MY up you need some wiring skills.
My 07 db9 traction control will not disengage with the Smarttyre disconnected.

Old 07-17-2017, 04:10 PM
Rwp137 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just did the Redpants.lol TPMS delete. Worked great after I realized how to set it up properly. I check tire pressures manually as is...don't need the computer and dash lights.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:40 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
+1 for the Redpants tpms solution. I installed it on my Vantage when I put the BC Forged wheels on. Very easy install and works perfectly.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:06 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Do you know how to disable the traction control on your 2007 DB9? As I stated above it doesn't share or have anything related to the TPMS. Smartire is a stand alone system. So you must have something else at fault or your not holding the button long enough.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:29 AM
cadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the rough
this worked for me ..on my 07 v8v i just unplugged the unit .
"no more warning on dash"

Old 07-18-2017, 08:01 AM
Do you know how to disable the traction control on your 2007 DB9? As I stated above it doesn't share or have anything related to the TPMS. Smartire is a stand alone system. So you must have something else at fault or your not holding the button long enough.
Are you sure, because once I unplugged my TPMS, the traction control button stopped working. But I could have blown a fuse, I will check tonight.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:46 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by randyb
Are you sure, because once I unplugged my TPMS, the traction control button stopped working. But I could have blown a fuse, I will check tonight.
Randy,
On my 05 DB9 the TPMS module is in the trunk staring at you when you open it. Hell I sold the wheels with the sensors still in them to a forum member. The box has never made a sound or light. I am not even sure the module has anything on the dash as far as lights go.

But, The Vantage TPMS is I think totally different than the early DB9 ones. But as stated above, this shouldn't have anything to do with the Traction Control.

Old 07-18-2017, 04:38 PM
Yes, I'm sure......... Smartire system is the same on all vehicles. Gen1 (2005-2007) all models. Gen 2 (2008-2010) all models including Rapide then you have the V12 Vantage (pre S model) has Smartire also. And again it is a stand alone system that just reports a warning light/message in the IC. Gen 1 system you can defeat by unplugging module.

Old 07-24-2017, 02:05 PM
It was a fuse

Old 01-14-2019, 01:33 PM
pynhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, I'm sure......... Smartire system is the same on all vehicles. Gen1 (2005-2007) all models. Gen 2 (2008-2010) all models including Rapide then you have the V12 Vantage (pre S model) has Smartire also. And again it is a stand alone system that just reports a warning light/message in the IC. Gen 1 system you can defeat by unplugging module.
Does anyone have any a perspective on defeating the TPMS system on a post-2010 Rapide? It' implied (although i've not seen definitive answers) that the 2011-onward Aston's would NOT be able to use the defeat cable system provided by Redpants. My TPMS light just went on...it's reading all pressures at all 4 corners but the yellow warning light is an unwelcomed guest on my instrument cluster!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.