Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

That's a wrap!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 05:19 PM
keitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of light
That's a wrap!

Got a bit bored with Tungsten Silver, so...

Old 07-17-2017, 07:12 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Looks good. I think I would have put some lipstick on her (maybe I place of the strip).

Old 07-17-2017, 07:23 PM
Pmorritt is just really nicePmorritt is just really nicePmorritt is just really nicePmorritt is just really nice
Looks amazing. Did they do the door, hood and trunk jams also?

Old 07-17-2017, 07:26 PM
keitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Dalecannavan
Looks good. I think I would have put some lipstick on her (maybe I place of the strip).
The design is modeled on the new Vantage AMR scheme, no lipstick.

Old 07-17-2017, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Pmorritt
Looks amazing. Did they do the door, hood and trunk jams also?
I did not want the car disassembled, so no. They did an amazing job blending in/hiding the seams.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:35 AM
cadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the rough
looks great, my vantage is tungsten, my first choice colour would have been white,
do you have any pics with door open,hood up etc .just to see what the colour transition looks like..
i might have to go with a wrap...

Old 07-18-2017, 04:44 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Well done

Old 07-18-2017, 09:16 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Very nice!!!

Old 07-18-2017, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by cadman
do you have any pics with door open,hood up etc .just to see what the colour transition looks like..
Here you go...

Old 07-18-2017, 02:48 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Really nicely done, looks great.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:16 AM
oldfool is on a distinguished road
I like it.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:25 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I assume its much more affordable to have them not disassemble the car? How much so?

Old 07-19-2017, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by sonies
I assume its much more affordable to have them not disassemble the car? How much so?
I can't be specific since I didn't want the car disassembled anyway, so I didn't get a quote for that. But I have seen prices where the car is disassembled in the $6K realm, and I paid only about half of that. The price also depends a lot on the original colour of the vehicle and the colour of the wrap.

Old 09-06-2017, 12:26 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I'm wondering if this is an endeavor that I can do myself over the winter... getting real sick of the swirlies that my car wash puts on my black car... Don't really feel like paying for a damn detail every time it gets dirty (which is about 5 minutes) and I can't wash my car at home which sucks (city livin')

materials would be about 500-700 bucks... (I'd save a hell of a lot on car washes to make up for it, right?) now to pick a color that would look good, any ideas?

Old 09-06-2017, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by sonies
I'm wondering if this is an endeavor that I can do myself over the winter... getting real sick of the swirlies that my car wash puts on my black car... Don't really feel like paying for a damn detail every time it gets dirty (which is about 5 minutes) and I can't wash my car at home which sucks (city livin')

materials would be about 500-700 bucks... (I'd save a hell of a lot on car washes to make up for it, right?) now to pick a color that would look good, any ideas?
I hear you re the pain of keeping a black car clean. I did the wrap on the Aston after I was so pleased with the result of a wrap on another car, which was black and I was sick of washing/detailing it every 5 minutes. These wraps also have a ceramic coating added, which a. prevents anything sticking to them, and b. makes it really easy to clean with some quick detail and a soft cloth (but they hardly ever need it). So from that perspective, going with a wrap will certainly cut down on the effort you are expending keeping the black car clean.

But as for doing it yourself, hmm... it's a skilled process...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.