997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Attn: COBB... PDK tuning on COBB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 05:28 AM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Attn: COBB... PDK tuning on COBB

People at COBB

Hello and greetings

Our community has been following up anxiously the release if PDK tuning support from COBB.

Yet we got disappointed that the best PDK car isn't supported! The 997.2 TURBO.

Is this coming soon to our AccessPorts?

We are demanding the feature as 997.2 Turbo PDK owners..

Old 08-17-2017, 05:41 AM
erikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant futureerikchich has a brilliant future
Very much agreed that this is something that should be made available for the 997.2.

Almost everyone I've spoken to that has gone full bolt ons/meth with our cars have had a PDK slip issue at first and either waited for it to go away (like mine did) or had to go to a dealer or shop with a PIWIS to do a PDK re-learn.

Would be great to have the ability to do that and have different PDK maps on our accessports.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:26 AM
993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !
Here! Here! Doesn't make sense that a big variety of models have it except the 997.2.

Old 08-17-2017, 09:56 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hey guys! It's coming. I wanted to chime in and say being worked on now! Because of power levels and more fueling capacity the 991 was addressed first. There are more of them and more demand with cars hitting very high performance levels and horsepower. However, as the 997.2 cars make more power we are all seeing that need. So far it's pretty awesome and I think it's going to be really well liked. It's different than the next Gen cats do requires lots of attention. The good news is a 997.2 cars will probably benefit the most. Lots of testing going on right now and we will see it on the 997.2 cars pretty soon!

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 08-17-2017 at 09:58 AM.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:08 PM
rsolanki is an unknown quantity at this point
Second this topic! Very excited for PDK tuning and the main reason I chose Cobb due to them hinting at this in the past! After driving a new Macan Turbo PDK for a weekend and coming back to my 997.2TTS it feels so sluggish and almost like a toque converter, especially with the longer throw paddles, slight delay on upshift, and more lurchy,less swift downshifts that have less aggressive rev matching! Mind blown at how much they've improved the PDK in the newer models, it's Approaching F1 levels!

Old 08-17-2017, 03:24 PM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
Dumb question, would a PDK tune require the Cobb engine tune? I only ask because I have GIAC and it would be a shame to dump those dollars . . . Thanks! KH

Old 08-17-2017, 04:18 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
That's the way it's looking right now yes. I can always support guys that are in that position with some creative deals.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:36 PM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Hey guys! It's coming. I wanted to chime in and say being worked on now! Because of power levels and more fueling capacity the 991 was addressed first. There are more of them and more demand with cars hitting very high performance levels and horsepower. However, as the 997.2 cars make more power we are all seeing that need. So far it's pretty awesome and I think it's going to be really well liked. It's different than the next Gen cats do requires lots of attention. The good news is a 997.2 cars will probably benefit the most. Lots of testing going on right now and we will see it on the 997.2 cars pretty soon!
Yeah.. Emre told me it's coming..

Let's hear about those 997.2 developments pls

Old 08-18-2017, 06:37 AM
changster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond repute
Yes please keep developing the 997.2!

Old 08-18-2017, 02:46 PM
Former Vendor
I can tell you on the 991 it's nuts! I have blurred vision we have dome so many in the last few days.

You are in for a treat and it IS coming. Can't wait to see how much we all get out of it!

Old 08-18-2017, 05:52 PM
djillusion has a spectacular aura aboutdjillusion has a spectacular aura about
This is indeed great to see. I agree that the 997.2T could use some more oomph with its PDK shifts.

Do do we have an idea on pricing once available for 997s? Are there discounts for those who already have COBB ECU tuning?

Old 08-19-2017, 09:42 AM
HpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond repute
subscribed

subscribed...can't wait. So disappointed in the stock PDK performance once I got the GT-R as it shifts much quicker than my 997.2 ---it NEEDS THIS MOD!

Old 08-19-2017, 10:33 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !

Old 08-19-2017, 10:45 AM
jazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by HpizKing
subscribed...can't wait. So disappointed in the stock PDK performance once I got the GT-R as it shifts much quicker than my 997.2 ---it NEEDS THIS MOD!
it shifts faster? Really now? Do you mean the time from when you pull the paddle to actual shifting? In that case I agree : it's a bit disappointing.

Old 08-19-2017, 01:13 PM
Former Vendor
Chriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis! LOL!

Guys, it does everything faster and firmer!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.