McLaren MP4-12C, SLR, F1, P1, P13

Any trusted mclaren ecu tuners out there?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 06:10 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Any trusted mclaren ecu tuners out there?

Looking to get a tune for a mp4-12c, but dont want to brick my ecu. Want someone that knows what they are doing and have a good rep. A buddy of mine bricked his 570s ECU after the tune and it was no bueno. Thanks for the suggestions.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:37 AM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
I'm in the same boat... I just bought a 650S and right now I'm looking at Fabspeed, and EVOMS. Both are reputable, but I know them from the Porsche world, not in the McLaren circle. I just asked a similar question on McLaren Life, still waiting on a reply. I'll check to see if anyone has an opinion on there too.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:29 AM
Former Vendor
Kai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant future
AMS has a nice tune for the MP4-12c I believe

Old 08-22-2017, 11:39 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
We can do an ECU flash for the 12C. Did it to our own project 12C with great results.

https://www.vividracing.com/blog/viv...th-pbox-times/

Old 08-22-2017, 11:53 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
We have full product lines available for the 12C and 650S from a Stage 1 tune up to a very developed and proven EVT855R turbo kit.

Overview of 12C products and tuning: http://www.evoms.com/category_s/2297.htm

Overview of 650S products and tuning:
http://www.evoms.com/category_s/2389.htm

As far as I know we're still the only company to have modified cars out there actively putting down times and advertising them. There are a number of companies tuning ECUs and a few companies doing further upgrades than that, but nobody I've seen are publishing results. I've removed and replaced three other company's tunes with our own after owners encountered issues from limp modes to inconsistent performance. As far as us, here's a brief highlight reel:

1320 Video - EVT855R 650S Feature (skip to 2:40):
NARA Speed - EVT825 650S vs. 'Team GSA' 650S 1/2mi Bloodbath:
VRTuned Stage 2 12C vs. EVOMS EVT825 12C 1/2mi Bloodbath:
EVT825 12C 9sec 1/4mi Pass:
Stage 2 650S Feature Video:

Briefly, an ECU tune on a car that is stock or has upgraded/deleted cats gains a bit of top end power (35-50hp depending on fuel), but a massive amount of midrange torque. Both the 650S and 12C react this way, but the gain especially on the 12C is very apparent. It changes the car from feeling vaguely naturally aspirated with all the power past 5500rpm, and gives it a real midrange. The 650S is a beast with just a tune, shredding standard summer tires up to 60mph and running mid to high 160s in the 1/2mi and high 5s 60-130.

With our EVT825 or EVT855R package, both cars are unlike anything I've driven. These kits end up around 130-150whp and 130-160wtq more than stock in a car that weighs 3100lb with a driver. Low 5s 60-130, low 170s in the 1/2mi, and 9s at over 141mph in the 1/4mi are a reality on a pump gas tune with 100oct in the tank which is competitive or just beyond what a P1 does. The 720S is rumored to be nearly as quick, though I saw a couple timeslips from a car in Texas this week that put it closer to a Stage 2 650S (which makes sense with the rated power figures).

Let us know if there's anything we can do for you.

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 08-28-2017, 12:50 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
We've had ample time with the McLaren platform on our in-house Dynojet to unlock extra power on both stock vehicles and optimize performance with our performance components. Once we receive your ECU, our tuner bench flashes it with the upgraded ECU map and we return it to you for easy reinstallation; no modifications to the vehicle are necessary. Trust Fabspeed with your baby - we've been improving McLarens since day 1 of the MP4-12C and we're dedicated enthusiasts with our own MP4-12C & 570S development cars! Our top notch facility is outfitted to produce the finest exhausts and thoroughly test the results - all while extracting maximum performance with a tune to match. No bull**** marketing here – we deliver honest ‘come experience for yourself’ results and we’re always on hand to work with you to meet expectations.

POWER GAINS
- Stock Hardware

Baseline = 555 whp / 429 ft-lbs
Tuned = 606 whp / 495 ft-lbs
Maximum gains of over 92 whp and 82 ft-lbs of torque at 5900 RPM
Peak power gains of 51 whp and 66 ft-lbs of torque

POWER GAINS - With Fabspeed Sport Performance Package

Baseline = 555 whp / 429 ft-lbs
Tuned = 615 whp / 502 ft-lbs
Maximum gains of over 96 whp and 85 ft-lbs of torque at 5900 RPM
Peak power gains of 60 whp and 73 ft-lbs of torque

Why Fabspeed?

Fabspeed MP4-12C Project / Extended Development Car

The Fabspeed Motorsport MP4-12C (& 570S) is our long term development car on which we test all hardware and software solutions to ensure you get the best possible results on your own McLaren. This beauty has seen many miles and pulls on our Dynojet in many configurations to help us dial in the best possible ECU Tune. We’ve tested everything from bone stock to full Fabspeed exhaust options.

Fabspeed Dynojet

This is where we prove our products and extract maximum performance. Updated with the latest modules to ensure true results - this machine is where we spend a lot of R&D time.
Here we are coaxing out over 700WHP with a custom turbo setup. This MP4 has run the Corsa Rally (winning the Beast of Corsa award), tackled the Tail of the Dragon, and continues to turn heads on the street.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhc958ujWfg
"Who is your tuner?" Steve has been tuning cars for many years. Steve has written software being used by many other companies. He has been the first to crack ECU's before anyone else. Thousands of vehicles are running around this world with his tunes, everything from 500 WHP Hondas to twin turbo Huracans, and your car is next. Put your faith in our tuning genius.

"Will this affect my warranty or vehicle reliability?"
We cannot say it will, nor that it won't. It is ultimately up to your dealership to make that call. We do extensive testing to ensure our products are reliable and engine safety is a consideration, especially with our tune. We don't craft our tunes purely for the highest numbers for bragging rights, rather the most excitement you can get without ever having to worry about a tow home from the race track.

"Sounds good, how much do I owe you?" $3,495.00 is MSRP, but shoot me a PM and I'll take care of you.

"How do I get to my ECU?" Easy. Remove the passenger side rear wheel well to expose the ECU, disconnect the harness, and pull it from the vehicle.

Shipping costs for sending an ECU to Fabspeed is the responsibility of the purchaser. The ECU will be tuned within 24-48 hours of receiving it and we will then ship back the ECU overnight to US customers and expedited worldwide to our out of country friends.

If you go to dealership, we can flash it back to stock – we always keep the factory file.

Reflashing - $250
Scenario A: We can reflash the Fabspeed ECU Tune back onto the ECU if it is overwritten by the dealership - Return shipping is covered by us.
Scenario B: We will reflash the ECU back to the OEM configuration and return it to you, shipping covered by us. We will then reflash the Fabspeed ECU Tune back onto the ECU – All shipping would be covered by you.

See all information here on our website. If you have any questions - we're here to answer them!

- Alec

Old 09-05-2017, 01:16 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone have ACTUAL in house tuners? I've heard most of these shops outsource their tunes... I don't have a lot of faith in that method, because I want to be able to talk to the tuner himself.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:55 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
Anyone have ACTUAL in house tuners? I've heard most of these shops outsource their tunes... I don't have a lot of faith in that method, because I want to be able to talk to the tuner himself.
Do some research and you will find some really interesting info... Not many I would choose to tune my 650... its a very very short list. There are other Mclaren dedicated forums with some really good actual customer impressions.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by str8blst
Do some research and you will find some really interesting info... Not many I would choose to tune my 650... its a very very short list. There are other Mclaren dedicated forums with some really good actual customer impressions.
I've actually heard BBI is now flashing McLaren ecu's! That's great news if it's true. They're the real deal in the Porsche world.

Old 10-01-2017, 03:39 PM
flsupraguy will become famous soon enough
Does anyone offer a e85 tune?

Old 10-01-2017, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by flsupraguy
Does anyone offer a e85 tune?
Supposedly there's a guy on Maclife that's experimenting with a flex fuel setup to do E85 tunes. Don't know much about it yet though.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:47 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
I would be skeptical that there is enough overhead in the stock fuel system to make E85 work well. To go through the hassle of upgrading the fuel system and calibrating the ECU to work with it, might as well just put larger turbos on the car. Larger turbos + E85 means a big fuel system and motor build, and we might as well go to even larger turbos at that point.

We do all of our Mclaren tuning in-house. Our ECU flash tool is made by us, and we now have several proprietary datalogging tools that interact with the powertrain CAN BUS to give us more data off of the car.

Old 10-02-2017, 12:19 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports
I would be skeptical that there is enough overhead in the stock fuel system to make E85 work well. To go through the hassle of upgrading the fuel system and calibrating the ECU to work with it, might as well just put larger turbos on the car. Larger turbos + E85 means a big fuel system and motor build, and we might as well go to even larger turbos at that point.

We do all of our Mclaren tuning in-house. Our ECU flash tool is made by us, and we now have several proprietary datalogging tools that interact with the powertrain CAN BUS to give us more data off of the car.
Great info and kudos for transparency! What do you think the limits are for the stock block and Trans? Whats the most amount of power you guys have been able to make with upgraded turbos on stock block/trans?

Old 10-02-2017, 12:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by str8blst
Great info and kudos for transparency! What do you think the limits are for the stock block and Trans? Whats the most amount of power you guys have been able to make with upgraded turbos on stock block/trans?
Stock 12C motor is supposedly good to about 700lb-ft, inspection of components verifies that. Newer motors are supposedly stronger/more robust but we have not pushed up to or beyond that. Torque isn't a huge deal as most of these can't really put it down anyways. We have been told the transmission is good to quite a bit more than that.

Highest power we've done to date is 755whp with our EVT855R hardware and a custom race gas tune. I don't believe anything crazy was done with timing, just more boost.

Old 11-17-2017, 12:33 PM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
I have a 650s and been looking for a tune as well. What i am hearing from actual owners is that most of the tunes have issues, big time.

The steven racing 650s kept having all sort of overheating/limp mode issues when i saw it at shift sector, id pass on whatever was in that car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.