Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2007 Bentley Continental GT Air Suspension Failure

Old 09-06-2017, 07:05 PM
therron4ou is on a distinguished road
2007 Bentley Continental GT Air Suspension Failure

So I had the dreaded failure... I came out to my car to notice the nose was sitting on the tires. I start the car up, it airs right back up. Turn the car off, it airs down after a few minutes. I have a few questions:
1: Will both sides sit down on the tires if only one front shock is out?
1a: If not, is there a leak somewhere from a pump or somewhere in between perhaps?
2: I've looked up VW Phaeton shock absorbers, they all seem to be from 2004-2006. Will these work on a 2007? I can't seem to find a 2007 and up?

I appreciate anybody's advice on this. Thank you guys!

Old 09-06-2017, 07:51 PM
also does the audi a8 shock crossover?

Old 09-07-2017, 07:33 PM
Took in for diagnostics.... driver's side shock. Ordered remanufactured shock absorber from Ebay, will be here in 5 days and update on how it is. It was a steal so we shall see... asked $469 and got it for $420. Will keep posted on how it all goes for everybody else who has problems to see if this is a good shock for the price... Also I saw where Arnett buys cores for $100... so may bring cost down to $320

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Left-A...72.m2749.l2649

Old 09-08-2017, 04:37 PM
belton is an unknown quantity at this point
There are several posts about air suspension failures on Continentals.

10 years seems to be about the lifespan for air struts.

Arnott, RMT & Aerosus make replacements for Bentleys. I used RMT struts for the front, and Arnott for the back, since RMT did not have rears in stock. Both worked out well. I would replace both front struts, or else you will be doing the job again soon.

It's important to repair air suspension parts promptly. If there are leaks, the pump will work more than it should, and wear out much sooner than it should.

With a lift, these are not terrible jobs. Arnott publishes very nice step by step, illustrated, instructions.

Good luck.

Old 09-11-2017, 04:01 PM
jsupstarz is an unknown quantity at this point
So my cars nose sits on the front tires after approximately 4 days without driving. If I drive it every other day or everyday it's not even anything noticible. It pumps right up to normal after being started. Could this just be an easy leak fix and not necessarily a major thing?

Ps the car sinks only in the front over BOTH tires.

Old 09-11-2017, 04:52 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jsupstarz
So my cars nose sits on the front tires after approximately 4 days without driving. If I drive it every other day or everyday it's not even anything noticible. It pumps right up to normal after being started. Could this just be an easy leak fix and not necessarily a major thing?

Ps the car sinks only in the front over BOTH tires.
Your shock is leaking. I had the same issue. After replacing my shocks, my car can sit for ages and never have any issue.

Another problem could happen when you have an air suspension failure is your car will pull to one side.

My car was pulling to the right and no alignment helped it. This problem went away after my front structs were replaced.

Old 06-27-2018, 12:02 PM
pmancari is an unknown quantity at this point
air shocks NEED URGENT HELP

Having same issue with 2007 Continental GT - car drops over BOTH tires after sitting for short period -pumps right up after starting-
Hopefully this is fixable- the car is otherwise PRISTINE and I have 2 people looking to purchase. (its for sale).
I need to fix this to clear the warning light and I cant afford a big hit
I don't want to show car with warning light
PLEASE- any advise or direction would be very helpful
thx

Old 06-27-2018, 12:06 PM
Had to replace the shocks. I bought aftermarket on eBay and they have held up well

Old 06-27-2018, 12:14 PM
pmancari is an unknown quantity at this point
can you direct me to seller of shock?
and thx bro

Old 06-27-2018, 12:14 PM
jsupstarz is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes! Slow leak just like mine has to be repaired or new or used front shocks if you don’t want them to drop. Mines been dropping for 2 years still only goes down after 3-5 days all the way pumps right up and stays up for about 5 days. But the compressor doesn’t love it lol

Old 06-27-2018, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by pmancari
can you direct me to seller of shock?
and thx bro
search maxspeedingrods Bentley in your eBay search. They’re negotiable on price too

Old 06-28-2018, 01:42 AM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Maxspeedrods, along with a plethora of (ebay/alibaba) Chinese suppliers, provide odd name replacement air suspensions and rebuild parts. In fact the airbag can be purchased separately if one is interested in rebuilding their own unit (250.00 ea. @ Chinese vendors). Even though vendors show shipment from a US location, a lot of times the parts really ships out of China.

To verify Chinese origin, look at the odd named manufacturer. Additionally, the pricing is substantially less than the OEM air units.

Can't speak for the quality, never used any. I'm wondering if rebuilders are sometimes using these Chinese parts?

Last edited by 1eapplebaum; 06-28-2018 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:01 AM
fredham1 is on a distinguished road
Bentley gtc speed rear shocks

My Bentley sits down at the back after for five days is it the rear suspension shocks need doing or is it something to do with the front shocks

Old 10-21-2018, 11:52 AM
CarshowRell is an unknown quantity at this point
This has happened to me earlier this year. After driving it all day backed it into the garage and instantly dropped low. Needed to get the front struts/shocks replaced.

Old 12-01-2018, 07:21 PM
nreep is an unknown quantity at this point
how are the shocks you bought on ebay holding up?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 Bentley Continental GT Air Suspension Failure