996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Water/meth questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 12:13 PM
johnkent1212 is on a distinguished road
Water/meth questions

I searched for water/meth kits and it seems like people have their opinion on a multitude of kits. I've narrowed it town to aquamist due to the fail safes, monitoring, etc. I'm trying to find where to buy it? What kit to buy that they offer? What nozzle to use? What size tank people have (with pics if possible)? This would be purely for Street. I have new alpha 28 with zona rotor, rods, along with other engine upgrades. Not trying to go crazy but as mentioned around +-600 awhp/tq. I plan on running 51/49 water to meth. Any help appreciated and would love to see pics. Thanks

Old 09-16-2017, 01:31 PM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
aquamist hsf4 would be the best, not much over hsf3, but hsf3 can do ALL you need, hsf4 would be great for DI engines, but who knows maybe you will switch the kit to a newer car later on

Go for at least 2x0.9 if looking to run like 20-25% vs gas, that means running 50-100% meth in most cases, the kit includes 3 injectors anyway, I have used even 2x1.2 with big turbos, now using 2x0.7 with gtx28 but use only moderate spray, more for cooling and just a bit more boost than pump only

tank - depends on how you use meth, I would do a big one/dual - http://www.aquamist-direct.com/806-6...ffled-drilled/

Old 09-16-2017, 01:37 PM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
you will do so much more power than 600awhp with meth, trust me... tell me later ))))

go for 2x0.9mm if having rods and get 2x1.2mm too for later on if still there, you will pay just for one more and they are cheap, can do 1.7-1.8bar easy, but dont push it too much at that boost, dont drive it without failsafes wired, read the manual 2-3 times before doing any install trust me you want that, try to keep boost @1.6bar but run more timing in your tune for daily pulls

Old 09-16-2017, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Fadi
you will do so much more power than 600awhp with meth, trust me... tell me later ))))

go for 2x0.9mm if having rods and get 2x1.2mm too for later on if still there, you will pay just for one more and they are cheap, can do 1.7-1.8bar easy, but dont push it too much at that boost, dont drive it without failsafes wired, read the manual 2-3 times before doing any install trust me you want that, try to keep boost @1.6bar but run more timing in your tune for daily pulls
Where can I find the kit? Who sells it that's on this site?

Old 09-16-2017, 02:43 PM
dos531 has a spectacular aura aboutdos531 has a spectacular aura about
I have an aquamist hfs-3 ill let go for pretty cheap if you're interested. Came with a custom methanol tank I bought for my 930, but I never used it. Looks pretty complete.

Old 09-16-2017, 05:55 PM
gclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond repute
HSF4 on my GT2

Being using mine for a while and I love it! I'm using a tank that Howerton Engineering designed for cadillacs or MiNI Cooper! Fits like a glove!

Old 09-17-2017, 12:42 AM
http://www.aquamist-direct.com/aquamist-systems/

Check also howerton engineering website if in US, they are dealers and also make some nicer tanks

Old 09-17-2017, 04:33 PM

Check also howerton engineering website if in US, they are dealers and also make some nicer tanks
Forgive my lack of knowledge but what are Dl engines? I presume its still compatible with the 996tt setup?

Old 09-18-2017, 12:56 AM
Di means direct injection, like 997.2 and 991 engines or any modern engine. Yes, 996tt works with both of them, if you want to save like 200$ can do also the cheaper one, will do the job well.

Old 09-18-2017, 02:29 PM

Thanks for the info! I'm surprised there aren't any forum sponsors or tuners selling kits.

Last edited by johnkent1212; 09-18-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:10 AM
GT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond reputeGT996 has a reputation beyond repute
I recently have purchased a kit for a friend and had to buy in the US. The UK aquarist guy is not very responsive. No kits available - not even single parts that I could buy from him. Many weeks delivery time, payment up front and very short answers from them is not building trust on my end.

About 6 weeks ago their UK website stated 3-5 weeks delivery time. It still does.

Howerton: not kits available, not even all nozzle types. So basically this system is out of business. Look in the Howerton shop and see what items are available. It's a joke.

I think it is the best system in the market, but for some reason they are effectively gone. Maybe a new system is coming and it's delayed or they have some kind of problems.

We finally got what we wanted for this project and that's fine - although it was an expensive buy. I would suggest buying something else, if you can.

Old 09-19-2017, 05:15 AM
Originally Posted by GT996
I recently have purchased a kit for a friend and had to buy in the US. The UK aquarist guy is not very responsive. No kits available - not even single parts that I could buy from him. Many weeks delivery time, payment up front and very short answers from them is not building trust on my end.

About 6 weeks ago their UK website stated 3-5 weeks delivery time. It still does.

Howerton: not kits available, not even all nozzle types. So basically this system is out of business. Look in the Howerton shop and see what items are available. It's a joke.

I think it is the best system in the market, but for some reason they are effectively gone. Maybe a new system is coming and it's delayed or they have some kind of problems.

We finally got what we wanted for this project and that's fine - although it was an expensive buy. I would suggest buying something else, if you can.
I did reach out a few days ago and heard nothing. Anyone else have recommendations?

Old 09-19-2017, 01:21 PM
mail the guy himself : richard@aquamist.co.uk

I was able to deal with him directly

Old 09-19-2017, 01:54 PM
That's who I mailed. Hope to hear back from him.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:40 PM
infinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to behold
Wow, I never had an issue with getting aquamist stuff last year. Howerton is close by me, and I have also ordered direct from U.K. I have some extra parts if there is something someone needs. Also have an extra hfs3 kit I pulled from my other car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.