Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

All seasons tire

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 01:30 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
All seasons tire

Now that I live in Florida again, I need a tire that handles well in rain and shine and the Michelin SS are wearing out on the rears after 11k miles and pretty much suck in rain, so does anyone have the Continental ExtremeContacts and if so what do you think?

I have them on my XK8 and love them, but my DB9 has much better handling charactoristics and so was wondering what someone with a similar car thinks.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:41 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Welcome back to FL. I'm very happy with my Michelin PSS tires.

Old 10-12-2017, 02:16 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
I've had Continental ExtremeContacts on my DB9 for over 5 years now. I like them, especially for their wet performance -- I actually drive my car in the rain .

Fronts need to be replaced now after about 35K miles, and I'm well into my second set of rears.

Old 10-12-2017, 02:28 PM
Thanks, I had an incident where I had to brake hard and I just slid right along and barely missed a car. So I am wanting to ditch the PSS's before my luck runs out.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:52 PM
rocketboots999 is on a distinguished road
I had Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's on my MB SL550 and liked them. Shortly before I sold it to buy the Vantage, I put Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus on the rears, which I liked even more.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:04 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by randyb
Thanks, I had an incident where I had to brake hard and I just slid right along and barely missed a car. So I am wanting to ditch the PSS's before my luck runs out.
Randy,

The NEW Continental tire is the Extremecontact Sport. It beats the PS4 in most categories, lost only to the DRY category. It only lost, due to drivers saying the turn in for the PS4 is slightly more responsive, but only slightly.

I have them on my DB9. I only put 1k miles and ZERO wet. But I have run the PSS on my E63AMG and loved them there. Any tire with low tread is likely to have issues encountered by you. Also I believe the high performance summer tires, as they get lower treads left, the grip suffers a bit due to different compounds in those sections. I may be very wrong in that statement, but I think I read that somewhere awhile back. So take that as a maybe possibly.

I highly recommend the Extremecontact SPort tires. THEY are not the same as the #5 version of the extreme DW's.

Old 03-07-2018, 01:47 PM
I bit the bullet and bought them, though I do need to get the car aligned. Anyone ever have all 4 tires toed in?
All 4 of my ties had to be replaced, all of them had the exact same wear patterns. I have never seen this, could it be the last alignment was not done right?

Old 03-07-2018, 01:52 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Welcome to Paradise!
The problem with all season tires is that they are not good in any condition.

I will get next Michelin PS4 to see what the hype is, so far I only heard positive feedback.

Old 04-02-2018, 03:54 PM
Now, got the Continental's and now need an alignment, so does anybody know of a shop that can do them in Tampa, Bradenton or Orlando?

Old 04-02-2018, 04:48 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
I bit the bullet and bought them, though I do need to get the car aligned. Anyone ever have all 4 tires toed in?
All 4 of my ties had to be replaced, all of them had the exact same wear patterns. I have never seen this, could it be the last alignment was not done right?
I hope you got some pics to show the alignment guys?? If not you can explain.

REDPANTS Rich might already know of a INDY shop for high performance cars. I got mine done by GMP in Charlotte when I got my springs on. So far with the new Conti's they are wearing perfect, but LOL only driven about 1200 miles on them. I have been driving it in sub 40 degree temps in Northern Va over the past month, and a few times around 30 or so.

Conti says they are special internal construction and not supposed to drive when that cold, but they are in a warm garage then outside so should have been fine. They are pretty quiet, but cold temp noise is noticeable from what I remember of them when driving in SC in 80-100 degree temps. They still grip nicely when cold, but I can spin them if desired, couldn't really in the warm. Par for the course. Another member is likely getting these here in NoVa so we will have a few members running them.

Old 04-02-2018, 06:29 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Now, got the Continental's and now need an alignment, so does anybody know of a shop that can do them in Tampa, Bradenton or Orlando?
the Aston dealer in Orlando just did my in February...$200 all in and also updated some software on car... it seems that only a few places can do aston's... I've heard that some dodge dealerships that have a special viper tech can also do it. . likely Dimmitt in St Pete area could do it.

If you go to Orlando. Don Byrd is the guy to see

Old 04-03-2018, 07:53 AM
I talked to Don, unfortunately with work I can only go on Saturday and they only offer Saturday service once a month. The earliest I could get in is the end of May.

Old 04-03-2018, 09:13 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
In Florida, I wouldn't think that you necessarily need a tire that is designed for light snow and sub 40F temperatures like an all-season. Are you looking for an all season just because of the rain or for the treadwear, or something else?

Old 04-03-2018, 09:50 AM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
ps2 or pss are best rain tires out there.

Old 04-03-2018, 12:32 PM
@TheYoungConnoisseur - No they are not, half tread life and it was like being on ice in heavy rain in my DB9.
@Blue2000s - Ended up with the ExtremeContact, hoping they are better in rain than my PSS which were not good in the rain.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.