Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage to a Rapide?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 11:44 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Question Vantage to a Rapide?

A one move from a Vantage to a Rapide? Did you miss the sportiness of the Vantage or was there enough in the Rapide to make it satisfying?

Old 10-21-2017, 01:08 AM
GDay2 is a jewel in the roughGDay2 is a jewel in the roughGDay2 is a jewel in the rough
I am driving a V8V and could make a very spirited test drive with the Rapide S, to cut it short it would be my choice if I would have the need for a four seater. Amazing silent cruiser below 3000 revs, Devil above this rev mark, I love it, brilliant car, did not find any weakness. Go and testdrive one and get your own impressions, then decide.

Old 10-21-2017, 07:01 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
The local dealer does not have any used Rapides and I doubt they'd let me test drive a new one. I did drive a used Rapide two summers ago they had for sale, but did not like the Marron Black exterior. I'd like to drive one again to make sure it is what I remember.

I bought the Vantage without ever driving one. Dealer did not have a used one; waited 5 months for them to get one and had to just find one online. I don't think they take me serious when I said I needed a car.

Old 10-21-2017, 07:38 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Why wouldn't they let you test a new one? That's what they do on a daily basis. Unless you pull up with a shopping cart and don't have a DL. What would prevent a new car test drive? Rapide is an incredible car. You must drive one. Quiet interior, cozy rear seats and room for pets and luggage. Used ones are in the $80k range. Rapids S is what you should hunt for.

Old 10-21-2017, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Why wouldn't they let you test a new one? That's what they do on a daily basis. Unless you pull up with a shopping cart and don't have a DL. What would prevent a new car test drive? Rapide is an incredible car. You must drive one. Quiet interior, cozy rear seats and room for pets and luggage. Used ones are in the $80k range. Rapids S is what you should hunt for.
I did go for a test drive 2 summers ago on a used one they had. I couldn't get past the color (also had an odd smell inside) and leased a Jag instead. Was pressed to make a purchase at the time. I would like to drive one again in position of not needing a car so my impressions are not clouded by any urgency. I can wait for a car at this point.

The car I owned at the time was an Evora and they are Lotus dealer too... Not sure why they wouldn't, but that was my impression. I did not directly ask them to drive a new one, FWIW. I could be totally off base. I would really prefer to buy local from them, but they need some inventory or take me seriously. The 80-90k is where I want to be for purchase.

Not sure whether I should try to sell my car private party or take hit on a trade in and not worry about lemon law and all that. Car is totally up to date on service. I had every annual was done as I did not know the previous history when I bought it. Only went to dealer for specific service items on AM's history of the car.

Selling a car in MA makes me nervous with laws. They're really in favor of the dealer in that respect.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.