Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

I-Phone 6 Cable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 06:33 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I-Phone 6 Cable

I have the old style cable to listen to music with an adapter but the phone does not charge (I use the old phone for music). The Aston cable is very pricey. The plug in the console must be some sort of standard which could lead to finding an alternate direct cable instead of Aston's nearly $200 cost. Any ideas?

Old 10-22-2017, 06:51 AM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
Do you have an image of the plug?
Thanks,
Matt

Old 10-22-2017, 07:12 AM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
I have an 08 V8V roadster and had to get an adapter to charge my iPhone.

Several years ago Apple decided to cross wires in their cables so the old cables didn't work (it started with the iPhone 4, I believe). My car had the older cable so I had to order this from Amazon:

Scosche passPort Charging Adapter Scosche passPort Charging Adapter

I ordered this back in 2013 so they may have other (cheaper) products from other manufacturers now.

Anyway, battery life is pretty decent with my iPhone 7 Plus that I don't really charge my phone in the car anymore. Instead I just have this plugged in to my car so I can listen to Spotify/iTunes via Bluetooth:

Wireless Bluetooth Music Interface Adapter for in Car iPod Integration Wireless Bluetooth Music Interface Adapter for in Car iPod Integration

Good luck and happy shopping!

Last edited by programmatore; 10-30-2017 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:46 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by programmatore
I have an 08 V8V roadster and had to get an adapter to charge my iPhone.

Several years ago Apple decided to cross wires in their cables so the old cables didn't work (it started with the iPhone 5, I believe). My car had the older cable so I had to order this from Amazon:

Scosche passPort Charging Adapter

I ordered this back in 2013 so they may have other (cheaper) products from other manufacturers now.

Anyway, battery life is pretty decent with my iPhone 7 Plus that I don't really charge my phone in the car anymore. Instead I just have this plugged in to my car so I can listen to Spotify/iTunes via Bluetooth:

Wireless Bluetooth Music Interface Adapter for in Car iPod Integration

Good luck and happy shopping!
+1

I have the Tune-2-Air (Bovee) adaptor in all my cars. I typically use it all the time and its perfect. Charging----I just plug in the iPod touch whenever its needs charging, same for the phone.

PS I will be living in western DC Metro area starting in Jan!!!!! Will have to touch base when I get up there

Old 10-22-2017, 10:01 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Options

Looking into all options, right now just charging separately. Below is the pict of the existing connector

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Connector.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	514711  
Old 10-22-2017, 10:20 AM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the image - it looks the same as the Jag/Land rover cables. (available on Amazon). Doing a quick search though, sounds like you may need to get a 30pin to car cable, then a lightning to 30pin adapter.

Matt

Old 10-22-2017, 10:31 AM
THANKS! Just ordered an E-Bay Part (plenty showed up) for $25 and will report if it works when it arrives in about a week.

Old 10-30-2017, 01:37 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Just ordered a Bovee to test.

FYI My son calls woman breats, Bovee's.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:05 AM
Got the Jag cable in - did not work - however it did show the phone actually charging - just could not read the I-Phone for music.

When U get the Bovee - please comment.

Old 11-04-2017, 12:12 PM
PK_Vantage is on a distinguished road
I went down this same path some times ago and tried just about all the possible different combinations of cables and connectors in trying to hook up my iphone6 to the AM factory ipod connector that came with the car. What I wanted to achieve was to have both music play (edit: oh, and have navigation instructions from Google Maps coming through car's speakers, too) from my iphone6 while retaining control of music play from the steering wheel AND to have power charging that iPhone at the same time.

At the end I went with BoVee.

It's seemingly flawless in operation and without any ugly cables or connectors dangling around. However, I do keep an extra lightening-to-USB cable in the car for emergency charging.

But if you insist on wanting to have music play and charging at the same time via a physical cable, it's doable. However, the ONLY way to achieve that is by using Apple's OEM lightening-to-30pin cable. Since that cable only comes in 20cm length, there is no way to hide that bulky and ugly 30pin connector but to leave it exposed. Cosmetically, this is not a very pleasing way for any installation. It just looks out of place in an Aston, IMHO.

Sidenote: Most cheap cables out there that you can get on eBay, Amazon or whatever would only provide power for charging but no data transfer hence no music play.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2747.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	515522   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2748.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	515523   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2750.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	515524   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1955.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	515525  

Last edited by PK_Vantage; 11-04-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:23 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Bovee/Tune2Air Bluetooth Adapter

I use this to listen to iTunes or Spotify on my V8 Vantage Roadster via a Bluetooth connection to my iPhone. You can use the car's head unit to browse playlists, albums, artists, etc. when using iTunes but not while using Spotify (if you want to change playlists in Spotify you have to do it using your iPhone). The steering wheel as well as head unit next/previous track buttons work. The battery life on my iPhone 7 Plus is pretty good and the charge lasts the entire day so I just leave the Tune2Air adapter on all the time.

Bovee/Tune2Air Bluetooth Adapter Bovee/Tune2Air Bluetooth Adapter

Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPhone and iPad

I use the Scosche passPORT adapter and an Apple 30-pin to Lightning adapter to connect my iPhone to my V8 Vantage Roadster (I connected my old iPhone 6 in the picture below to show that your iPhone 6 can fit without preventing the console lid from closing). With this setup, I can listen to iTunes and Spotify and browse playlists (iTunes only) and skip tracks (both iTunes and Spotify) using the car's steering wheel or head unit controls.

Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter

There are other manufacturers who sell similar adapters that cost less (CableJive,
for example
) but I have not tried them so I cannot recommend them.

Last edited by programmatore; 11-04-2017 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:43 AM
I have the Apple cable connetor (everything fits in the console so no visual blemish), still did not charge the phone.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
I have the Apple cable connetor (everything fits in the console so no visual blemish), still did not charge the phone.
You need the Scosche passPORT adapter to get charging to work.

Old 11-05-2017, 05:44 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
Got the Jag cable in - did not work - however it did show the phone actually charging - just could not read the I-Phone for music.

When U get the Bovee - please comment.
Sorry for the delay.

I received my Bovee but I was only able to test it in my BMW e46 M3 since the Aston is at my other house at the moment.

BT connecting from iPhone7 to Bovee was no problem.

The M3 IceLink (IceLink was the OEM solution in the beginning 2000's for iPod/iPhone connection) has some issues with the Bovee.

IceLink was not able to detect the Bovee device when I switched modes on the radio. I tricked the IceLink with connecting the iPod first, Icelink detection and switch to the Bovee.

From there it was great.
BT sound stream worked flawless, even sound quality was great.

I hope the detection issue is isolated to the old IceLink and I will try next few days in the Aston to verify.

Old 11-06-2017, 09:47 AM
Just checked out the Bovee on the Aston.

I was right, my problem was only related to the IceLink.

It worked better than expected. Phone was in my other car but Bovee picked the BT connection up in a second. Auto play the last song started right away.

The display showed folders and all the iPod functions.
Tried a "hey Siri" and the song came right up.

Love it! Was a great purchase!

BTW. I haven't used the iPhone connector, only USB but I had a pin adapter as mentioned above on the the cable.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.