Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Nice review of the newest Vantage on Ignition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 09:36 PM
007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Nice review of the newest Vantage on Ignition

Jason from Motor Trend did a very complimentary piece that I wholeheartedly agree with
Very refreshing as most reviews and comparisons focus on the numbers and they just don't get the point!
N/A motor, manual trans, minimal electronic aids, hydraulic steering etc...
I recommend you watch the video if you haven't already and look forward to your comments:

Old 11-15-2017, 08:28 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Not exactly the newest Vantage, but I'll take the matte silver one @ Newport Beach for $178k think the prices will drop lower by the end of the year?

Old 11-15-2017, 09:02 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
The red lipstick is hard to warm up to for me. I like the different colors on the Aloro Green, but not that white with red. The local dealer had a similar on in V8 GT they were darn near giving away and it still wasn't enough to get me excited on. Hence them sitting on the car for a year plus...

Old 11-15-2017, 12:06 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I personally love the white with the orange lipstick. Would take that car in a second!

Old 11-15-2017, 12:38 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Hahahaha---- He said " its just like driving a Miata with 564 HP" Guess there is not much to say after that

Old 11-15-2017, 06:03 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
"you might as well just focus on fun. That's probably why British cars seem to prefer being sideways to going fast. If this handling characteristic came up as a Tinder match I'd swipe right, super like it, then lick my phone."

Old 11-16-2017, 07:19 AM
jmargolese will become famous soon enoughjmargolese will become famous soon enough
This exact car was sitting at the Chicago dealer. I was up there a few weeks ago and had a look at it. Aston replaced the transmission and cleaned up before sale. I like the pics of the car but in person I did not like the orange lipstick. The orange piping and the interior I did think was done very well.

Good video and he’s right, it’s not about the numbers, otherwise I would look at the new ZR1 corvette.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:21 AM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Not exactly the newest Vantage, but I'll take the matte silver one @ Newport Beach for $178k think the prices will drop lower by the end of the year?
That car has very minimal options. And a hefty $16k paint job. Car was previously sold at Ferrari Silicon Valley or something.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:53 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I love this review, I remember watching it a while ago

perfectly describes why we like these cars

Old 11-16-2017, 09:28 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Watched that video couple times over the last year and still sits in my YT favorites.

I'm not a fan of all that lipstick and livery on any car and would rip that off before driving it home.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:37 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zettinger

I'm not a fan of all that lipstick and livery on any car and would rip that off before driving it home.

The lipstick is paint.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:10 AM
Senatorblutarsky will become famous soon enoughSenatorblutarsky will become famous soon enough
This video made me realize I have the attention span of a goldfish. I only made it a minute or two in so far. Can't get past this guy driving that beautiful car in the dirt! Made me want to fight him.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:54 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Senatorblutarsky
Can't get past this guy driving that beautiful car in the dirt! Made me want to fight him.
Really terrible - There is a youtube of the guy who bought the 36K Vantage. He replaced the exhaust - the stock exhaust was so corroded he snapped some of the bolts. Terrible running it on salt.

Does not matter how much they depreciate. For me, they are still works of art. There is no way I would purchase the car shown above knowing it was run in the dirt.

Old 11-17-2017, 09:29 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
I hope nobody buys this for the $180k asking. It should be more like $100k after watching the video, why was the transmission replaced?

Old 11-18-2017, 07:38 AM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
Talking

"Looks like sex and sounds like a symphony". - He get's it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.