Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Video of Max V driving the new Vanatage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 08:35 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Video of Max V driving the new Vanatage

Four more days to go to see/hear the real one...

Old 11-17-2017, 10:16 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
"over 500 horsepower"
685 newton meters = 505 lb/ft of torque

that will be fun mated to a manual transmission (thats like 50 more torque than the V12S!)

what is it 100mm shorter than? if its the db11 it would measure roughly 183 inches. thats a whole FOOT longer than the prior generation vantage

200 kilograms lighter than the DB11 so about 3450lbs

Last edited by sonies; 11-17-2017 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:13 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Will definitely be a performer, but I'm not aching to replace mine. Still expecting a butterface.

Old 11-17-2017, 01:12 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mathman85
Still expecting a butterface.

Mr. Positive...

The front of the camo car looks a bit crude. I hope the real one has more detail.

Old 11-17-2017, 03:13 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Remember it's a "Verification Prototype"

If you listen carefully to the dialogue, there are two additional steps from the VP stage to what will eventually be released-so I suspect subtle changes to be evident.

What I thought to be a fire extinguisher on the parcel shelf, another viewer thought was a "nitrous" bottle...now makes me wonder what that red switch on the center console is for...extra wheel spin?

However, I can't appreciate the sound, though.
First modification to the new Vantage will be a "silent muffler" package coupled with an enormous amp and exterior speakers to blast a recording of the 4.3L engine symphony to everyone .

Old 11-17-2017, 03:24 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
lol It's not nitrous. Of course it's a fire extinguisher.

Old 11-17-2017, 03:40 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
I wish Max would actually drive the thing instead of sliding it around. At least he keeps both hands on the wheel

chr

Old 11-17-2017, 03:41 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
I like the wheels. I wonder if those will be the ones on it and if they'll fit the current gen. Sound isn't great, but I suspect they will have worked on that between then and now. A turbo'ed car is never going to have the sound of a NA, though.

Old 11-17-2017, 03:42 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DonL
First modification to the new Vantage will be a "silent muffler" package coupled with an enormous amp and exterior speakers to blast a recording of the 4.3L engine symphony to everyone .
Yea - how fortunate to have one.

chr

Old 11-19-2017, 10:17 AM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DonL
However, I can't appreciate the sound, though.
+1
I reckon AM may offer a one off special NA engine down the road in the new body.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:18 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
The sound in the video is too Mercedes sounding which is not my cup of tea. When you hear the pace or medical cars go by in F1, it's not the sound I want from a V8. The Biturbo V8's across the MB-AMG range all have that sound...

The NA 4.7 V8 is so much better sounding

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.