Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2012 V8 Vantage S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 10:10 AM
Z71TahoeEX is an unknown quantity at this point
2012 V8 Vantage S

Hi all,

I'll about to purchase a 2012 V8 Vantage S, very low miles- but have some questions regarding warranty. I've reached out to a number of Aston dealers and the trend seems to be $4500 for 1 year, $8500 for 2 years + $600 for an inspection at the dealer. Do any of you use any other warranty companies besides direct from the manufacturer? How has your overall reliability been? I've done a lot of research over the last year and I really want the car- just some of the rumors on repairs worry me.

Thanks

Old 11-17-2017, 12:53 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
thats insanity pricing, you're getting ripped off, unless its unlimited mileage and you plan on putting like 20-30k miles on it a year

Old 11-17-2017, 01:04 PM
rocketboots999 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Z71TahoeEX
Hi all,

I'll about to purchase a 2012 V8 Vantage S, very low miles- but have some questions regarding warranty. I've reached out to a number of Aston dealers and the trend seems to be $4500 for 1 year, $8500 for 2 years + $600 for an inspection at the dealer. Do any of you use any other warranty companies besides direct from the manufacturer? How has your overall reliability been? I've done a lot of research over the last year and I really want the car- just some of the rumors on repairs worry me.

Thanks
If the car is at an AM dealer, they might be motivated to negotiate rather than carry the car until Spring.

Old 11-17-2017, 01:06 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I thought it was like $3,500 a year plus inspection? Could've sworn that was the rate offered on the Rapide's I have been looking at. I think one year is good as you can really shake the car out and get everything addressed.

Old 11-17-2017, 01:07 PM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
I purchased the extended warranty for two years when first purchasing my Vantage S.

Purchase of warranty covered the inspection, and I'm sure your dealer would waive the inspection if you purchase.

Under warranty, and after I've had the tail lights replaced twice, an oil leak corrected, and an undercarriage hose someplace replaced, along with door struts

Total cost of repairs, roughly 6K

If I could go back in time, I would not buy the warranty.

Also, note the inspection is the same as PPI report. If you don't see major issues at the inspection, pass on the coverage.

Old 11-17-2017, 01:28 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I've had my 2013 for two years. Fluid changes only so far.

Old 11-17-2017, 01:37 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
The first few years extension of warranty (to 5 years from new) is far less cost than the subsequent years which I found out when my 5 years was up on my 2009 Vantage and one reason I upgraded to a 2015 GT Vantage. My 2015 V12S has about 2 years left on the factory warranty (I negotiated a 1 year extension), so I hope that extra year (till year 5) will be at the lower pricing and then I only get hammered on year 6. Anyhow that's what I understood.

Old 11-17-2017, 02:21 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
I've had my 2012 Vantage S for just over a year now. I bought her with 11,000 miles and she now has 17,000 miles. I've not had any issues, or signs of any issues. I paid for the pre purchase inspection, but I did not take the extended warranty.

Old 11-17-2017, 02:29 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Extending the warranty is like insurance - This is how I feel about Aston reliability after having 5 Vantages...

My 2007 6 speed (other than the early belt squeal problem fixed under warranty) had no issues after 25,000 mile hard driving mostly in the city, even the brakes were still good (original). My 2009 I bought used with extended warranty for 2 years with 32,000 miles on it and 3 previous California owners. I drove it 10,000 absolutely trouble free miles (not as hard) and did have one warrnty item - a slow drivers side mirror motor!

2007 and 2009 were under Ford ownership days... My 2015 GT had about $20,000 in warranty issues the 8,000 miles (easier driving still) I had it. My 'Certified' used 2015 V12S had 12 issues that should have been caught in the initial inspection - all adding up to what would have been a pretty scary sum!! Luckily Aston replaced the car with a lower mile V12S (under warranty) which had a console switch panel replaced, and they are replacing some leather panels (in the spring) and the requisite tail light condensation replacement was also done.

My theory? Ford era Vantages seem to be a ton more trouble free than current ownership.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:36 PM
oldfool is on a distinguished road
I bought my 2012 s soft top new and after 17000 miles no issues. If it gets a clean bill of health I wouldn't buy the warranty. Good luck.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:44 PM
So the car is not being sold from an Aston Dealer, its another name brand dealer that took it on trade. They ran it through their shop, put about $2500 into it of repairs/servicing. Should I have them run it to Aston next door and do an inspection? Would it be called PPI if I'm not buying it from them? Thanks for all your inputs.

Jack

Old 11-18-2017, 12:03 AM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Z71TahoeEX
So the car is not being sold from an Aston Dealer, its another name brand dealer that took it on trade. They ran it through their shop, put about $2500 into it of repairs/servicing. Should I have them run it to Aston next door and do an inspection? Would it be called PPI if I'm not buying it from them? Thanks for all your inputs.

Jack

Yes get it PPI at the Aston dealer.

Old 11-18-2017, 03:29 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by V12Vin
Yes get it PPI at the Aston dealer.
the PPIi just had done at my Aston dealer was $200 and very thorough. The SA let me observe.

OTOH when I was going out of town to look at another one, the Aston dealer there wanted to charge almost $600...i guess he thought he could hose me because I wouldn't be a customet

Old 11-18-2017, 06:30 AM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
I bought a 2012 V8VS 3 years ago - I got a dealer to do a PPI and a service. I skipped on the warranty. No issues since I purchased it. It has 15k miles on it currently. If I was to buy another used Aston I would do the same but I am only driving the car 2,500 miles a year on average. If I planned on daily driver use I might go with the warranty. I was originally quoted $3,800 a year for warranty.

Old 11-18-2017, 08:47 AM
What does a brake job typically cost?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.