997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Upgraded and tuned.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 06:19 AM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
Upgraded and tuned.

Ready to get my car back. Went ahead and did all the preventative maintenance while I was adding the tune and exhaust. Pinned the pipes, replaced all the hoses......they were leaking through the threads...weird..While pulling one rubber pipe off the whole pipe came out...the glue had failed. Replaced water pump, dealer had replaced one before I bought but it was still leaking. Replaced coil packs, all were cracked, dealer had just replaced plugs and I guess they didn't check these. Put new SRE clutch in from Sam...Thanks for the quick shipping, flywheel had some slight hot spots so we turned it and it looks great, just surface heat. New exhaust from GMG...don't order and then schedule anything until you get their products in hand...slow and poor communication. New coolant tank....better safe than sorry. Had a slight shake in steering wheel when applying brakes, ended up the front rotors were warped, so bought new ones and put those on too. Finally my Softronic tune. The car already had GT3 sways with Tarret drop links and solid motor mounts, so I didn't need to do anything else there. Future upgrades will be: steering wheel, new black front spoiler, present one is painted and not very good besides it gets scratched when I pull out of my driveway anyway, OEM short shifter. One of my turbos had a slight trace of what appeared to be oil, maybe have to do something about that sometime soon, we will see how it does with some regular driving then make a decision. Can't wait to drive it, it will be like my last 09. Here are a couple of pics...I know it dirty had to drive in the rain to the shop.......

Attached Images   
Old 12-12-2017, 09:41 AM
Skwerl will become famous soon enoughSkwerl will become famous soon enough
Well, all of that makes me a little less jealous of the crazy deal you got on the purchase price.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:50 AM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Skwerl
Well, all of that makes me a little less jealous of the crazy deal you got on the purchase price.
To be fair the only thing that really needed replaced was the front rotors. Everything else was my choice so I don't have to worry about anything. Hahaha

Old 12-12-2017, 02:23 PM
shawkinguk is a glorious beacon of lightshawkinguk is a glorious beacon of lightshawkinguk is a glorious beacon of lightshawkinguk is a glorious beacon of lightshawkinguk is a glorious beacon of light
Great modifications
OEM Short shift is great - short and notchy - very satisfying
How does it drive compared to stock with the new tune
GMG exhaust - catted?

Old 12-12-2017, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by shawkinguk
Great modifications
OEM Short shift is great - short and notchy - very satisfying
How does it drive compared to stock with the new tune
GMG exhaust - catted?
Waiting on my tuned file to be emailed back as we speak. I had a car just like this one before with the same mods and it was awesome. The GMG is catted, but sounds great.

Old 12-12-2017, 02:58 PM
shawkinguk is a glorious beacon of lightshawkinguk is a glorious beacon of lightshawkinguk is a glorious beacon of lightshawkinguk is a glorious beacon of lightshawkinguk is a glorious beacon of light
yes was very close to getting a GMG system - they sound great

Keep us posted on the Tune

Old 12-12-2017, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by shawkinguk
yes was very close to getting a GMG system - they sound great

Keep us posted on the Tune
My last Softronic tune was just great. A lot of gains and no problems. I couldn't have asked for anymore from just a tune. I am sure this one will be the same.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:12 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Awesome Matt!

Old 12-13-2017, 11:17 AM
Turns out that the car had a tune on it already. When we uploaded info to Scott at Softronic he could tell it was not the oem flash. The previous owner had no idea and I never drove it hard before taking it in. The car originally came from California. Anyone possibly know who's car this was. It had about 8000 miles when the previous owner bought it. Doesn't matter really but would be nice to know what they had done to the car and what tune they were running just for my records. Nothing else seems to have been changed with the exception of dealer serviced items.

Old 12-17-2017, 06:36 PM
Car is back and running like a champ for just a tune and exhaust. The GMG exhaust sounds great and looks great. Very happy to be back in an 09. There is no doubt that my 16 Turbo S was more refined and plush but not as fun or engaging to drive. Mods as of now are: solid motor mounts, Upgraded 2.5 SRE clutch, Softronic 93 tune, GMG exhaust, GT3 sways with Tarett drop links and all the updated maintenance items.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC9602.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	4.41 MB
ID:	517971  
Old 12-18-2017, 10:16 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Congrats! That color!!!!

Old 12-19-2017, 03:10 PM
thegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mattgarrett
Car is back and running like a champ for just a tune and exhaust. The GMG exhaust sounds great and looks great. Very happy to be back in an 09. There is no doubt that my 16 Turbo S was more refined and plush but not as fun or engaging to drive. Mods as of now are: solid motor mounts, Upgraded 2.5 SRE clutch, Softronic 93 tune, GMG exhaust, GT3 sways with Tarett drop links and all the updated maintenance items.
What size are those rear tires? They look awesome.

Old 12-19-2017, 03:55 PM
vroomevo is an unknown quantity at this point
wow, looks awesome.

Old 12-19-2017, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by thegame
What size are those rear tires? They look awesome.
305s. I love the back of the Turbo!

Old 12-19-2017, 08:04 PM
thegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond reputethegame has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mattgarrett
305s. I love the back of the Turbo!
agreed!! Yours is gorgeous.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Upgraded and tuned.