Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Recent Vantage Aquisition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 10:25 AM
rodg100 is on a distinguished road
Recent Vantage Aquisition

Hi all,
I have recently purchased a MY2007 vantage V8 manual shift after searching for quite some time.
The car came from a non AM dealer in NJ and I do not know much history about it. This did concern me but the checks I was able to do came up very clean.
It has 19k miles and arrived in pristine condition.
Also is nicely optioned including 200cell cats and a switch to permanently open the bypass valve.
Looks incredible on the 20's.
Does anyone know the car? It a PA and NJ car. Jet Black with Obsidian interior. One unusual feature is the XM radio built into the ashtray. Well done whoever did that install.
I would appreciate any information in regards maintenance, clutches and mods. Hopefully the pictures will attach.

Cheers
Rod

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4664a2s.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	517827  
Old 12-14-2017, 10:27 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I should hire you to take pictures of my Black Vantage! The 20" Wheels make a major difference in the car - and probably why the new one has 20's.

Old 12-14-2017, 10:46 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Did you get a print out from your local AM dealer? Could be some additional information you were unaware of.

How was that drive back to the garage after the picture? Slow I hope.

Old 12-14-2017, 11:03 AM
I did get a print out of the build for the car from a dealer that is sort of close...That was a good starting point...I am in Idaho and my closest dealer is Seattle. Its quite a way away.
The road looks a little more slick than it actually was but I was particularly careful...not really the season for this car but I had to get some decent pictures.

Old 12-14-2017, 11:08 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
You're in Idaho and bought from Jersey, I'm from Jersey and bought in Boise

Old 12-14-2017, 12:02 PM
Well that's just bazaar...I thought I was the only one in Boise to have a V8V??? Crazy!

Old 12-14-2017, 12:12 PM
Maybe I still am?

Old 12-14-2017, 01:32 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
You may be now.

Lupo Motors, I will say avoid unless you want to buy a 5700 mile car with a roasted clutch and have some unrealistic reasons thrown at you as to why you can't really "test" drive the car, except for 5 minutes out in the country, and "carefully".

He knew it was roasted

Old 12-14-2017, 01:47 PM
That's not so great...one of my work associates knows Lupo...I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Most locals here are very honest.
I was lucky I guess...had a good rapport with the salesman in NJ and everything he said was correct...but again...I think I got lucky.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:50 PM
Typical used car salesman, could care less how bad you get screwed as long as they make the sale.

Summit Hills or FCK?

Old 12-14-2017, 07:12 PM
Good to hear Richard, Porsche are the most popular here as there is a dealer but Maserati has just come to town so maybe we might start to see a few of those.
If you haven't been back here for a while, it has changed considerably...pressured by the CA market moving up this way. Having said that...still mainly SUV's and pick ups. I actually have been checking out you catch pot and thinking seriously about getting one. Seems to make sense. Was that an invention of yours or a variation of an existing mod?
Rod

Old 12-14-2017, 07:46 PM
Way OT but I have seen so many Quattroporte's on flatbeds here in the last couple years I would have serious concerns of their reliability!

You have a Jag dealer though, I used their drive on lift to inspect the undercarriage in my final inspection.

You never answered, which dealer was it? SH or FCK?

Old 12-14-2017, 07:50 PM
BTW that is one of the most dramatic pictures of a V8V I've seen. Curious what the green glow is on the front hood?
You should post it in the Sticky pictures thread.

Old 12-15-2017, 07:12 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
The aston community in NJ is almost non-existent. Unaware of of any owner groups, but there are a lot of astons. I've seen quite a few black ones myself, there was one even near where my ex lives (lol).

Old 12-15-2017, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the compliment on the pic...I did actually have to back it up down the road to get some traction before moving forward...that was my plan B and I used it but the pic was worth it.
I got the car from a small used car dealer called M2...Astons are not typically their thing but the price was very reasonable. I did have it checked before moving forward but it was sight unseen!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Recent Vantage Aquisition