Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Buying oil filters and parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 10:46 PM
Svx
Svx will become famous soon enough
Buying oil filters and parts

So I’m looking around the inter webs to find the best place to get parts so I can do some basic maintenance on my 07 Vantage. I came across https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/ which has the diagrams, links and you can buy parts right from there website, but there is a min order of $250. What’s really interesting they sell a 10 pack of oil filters for $166

Part 9G33-6714-AA-PK

OIL FILTER-BOX OF 10

plus all of the other items you need to do the oil change! Except the actual oil. So my question is have other members used this website to get parts for your Aston? I know about red pants web store but it is offline for the foreseeable future. But I will be another customer as soon as site comes back up. Thoughts?

Old 01-13-2018, 03:44 AM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
I have found the best place to do this is redpants.lol - I believe his store is closed as he is relocating to a different state - Richard is a great guy and very helpful - he has an entire package with all the new blots, o rings, filter and oil for your Aston -

Old 01-13-2018, 07:21 AM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
I usually get my Castrol liquid gold with unicorn tear additive off amazon , buy it by the case

Old 01-14-2018, 05:47 AM
Scotty4300 is on a distinguished road
On my Vantage I use only original oil filters and Castrol.
There is an old thread here about "compatible" filters such as Jaguar.
No one was able to prove that any oil filter with the correct dimensions was in fact equal to the original specs (particularly the by-pass pressure setting).
The original oil filters which I have are in boxes marked "made in France"
I got them from UK--there may be other sources of "original"

Old 01-14-2018, 06:24 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Svx
So I’m looking around the inter webs to find the best place to get parts so I can do some basic maintenance on my 07 Vantage. I came across https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/ which has the diagrams, links and you can buy parts right from there website, but there is a min order of $250. What’s really interesting they sell a 10 pack of oil filters for $166

Part 9G33-6714-AA-PK

OIL FILTER-BOX OF 10

plus all of the other items you need to do the oil change! Except the actual oil. So my question is have other members used this website to get parts for your Aston? I know about red pants web store but it is offline for the foreseeable future. But I will be another customer as soon as site comes back up. Thoughts?
I've used Scuderia for some parts for my vantage... not basic maintenance stuff as that can likely be had easier if you are in NA.

They do have a minimum and it's a two step process to finalize payment as they will not quote shipping to US until they have your shipment ready... they claim it is because rates can change.

i found saved about 20% on the parts i needed from the price quote from dealer, but took loner to get... wasn't a big deal...

why would you want 10 oil filters? Do you change your oil that much?

Old 01-14-2018, 07:59 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
My last oil filter I bought from Stuart at Velocityap at a very competitive price

Old 01-14-2018, 09:31 AM
Svx
Svx will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by MRCW
I've used Scuderia for some parts for my vantage... not basic maintenance stuff as that can likely be had easier if you are in NA.

They do have a minimum and it's a two step process to finalize payment as they will not quote shipping to US until they have your shipment ready... they claim it is because rates can change.

i found saved about 20% on the parts i needed from the price quote from dealer, but took loner to get... wasn't a big deal...

why would you want 10 oil filters? Do you change your oil that much?
Lol... no I don’t change oil that much. I just noticed that their web store was selling a pack of ten oil filters. I didn’t see where you could just get one. Do you guys have a favorite website that you buy basic service parts from? Other then red pants or velocity AP. Just curious

Last edited by Svx; 01-14-2018 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:09 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
The fact that they don't tell you shipping until you order parts is ridiculous. EVERYONE else quotes shipping. I order a bunch of parts from the UK having both a Lotus and an AM. I won't order from them because of this. Having said that, If I could buy 10 filters for $17 each, I'd do it for sure. It's a great price. I'd sell whatever I didn't use after I sell the car, if that ever happens.