GT2 RS Order confirmed, thought???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 01:38 PM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
GT2 RS Order confirmed, thoughts???

Hey guys:

You may recall me posting my dilemma about my 488 Spider. After all the procrastination I decided to keep it and enjoy driving it more often. Last week my friend and GM of the local Porsche dealer offered me an allocation for the new GT2 RS and I just couldn’t resist. It’s definately going to be a very special car.

I plan to take it to a half mile airfield event and see how she does. What do you guys think? 170mph?..

Also would be interested in your thoughts on the interior color. I’ve decided to go with the GT Silver exterior with the Weissach Package. The interior is where I’m struggling. The launch car has Red/Black alcantara interior. Pretty sexy, but very loud. My thoughts were to go Black, with yellow stitching and accents matching the yellow calipers. Just concerned it could take a hit not being the super hot launch color interior. Thoughts???

Ah, and I realize this is the wrong forum for the GT2 RS. I just wanted to reach out to my Porsche Turbo buddies. After all, it a turbo, right?

Last edited by CPIGUY; 05-09-2018 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:22 PM
M3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the roughM3 S3-R is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by CPIGUY
Hey guys:

You may recall me posting my dilemma about my 488 Spider. After all the procrastination I decided to keep it and enjoy driving it more often. Last week my friend and GM of the local Porsche dealer offered me an allocation for the new GT2 RS and I just couldn’t resist. It’s definately going to be a very special car.

I plan to take it to a half mile airfield event and see how she does. What do you guys think? 170mph?..

Also would be interested in your thoughts on the interior color. I’ve decided to go with the GT Silver exterior with the Weissach Package. The interior is where I’m struggling. The launch car has Red/Black alcantara interior. Pretty sexy, but very loud. My thoughts were to go Black, with yellow stitching and accents matching the yellow calipers. Just concerned it could take a hit not being the super hot launch color interior. Thoughts???

Ah, and I realize this is the wrong forum for the GT2 RS. I just wanted to reach out to my Porsche Turbo buddies. After all, it a turbo, right?
I would go Black and the Yellow stitching. Your going to have on classy beast on your hands. Congrats.

Old 03-16-2018, 04:34 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Positive - you are not going to have the launch color interior and your car will look really classy and be one of a kind.

Negative - you are not going to have the launch color interior and you MAY shun away a few resale customers.

I always say no matter what the car is, buy what you like not what someone else MAY like when selling. Congrats.

Old 03-16-2018, 04:41 PM
72offsuit is a jewel in the rough72offsuit is a jewel in the rough72offsuit is a jewel in the rough
Everyone buys the launch color so there will be plenty of supply. You can't be the only person that thinks it is loud, get what you want, other like-minded people will exist.

Old 03-17-2018, 06:36 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Congrats on getting an allocation. I had the previous GT2 RS. It was GT Silver with the interior you are considering. Loved it. Presently have a 488 Spider and a Turbo S Cab. 2 years ago I told my dealer if & when there is a new GT2RS I wanted one. Still no luck & I've purchased over 20 P-Cars from them since my first in 1979.
Pic of interior:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	GT2 RS 4.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	522420  
Old 03-17-2018, 01:04 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Here are a few pics of black leather with yellow accents from our Turbo S. The yellow even pops more than the pictures show.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	991 Turbo S Cab (5).jpg
Views:	173
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	522441   Click image for larger version

Name:	991 Turbo S Cab (6).jpg
Views:	153
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	522442   Click image for larger version

Name:	991 Turbo S Cab (7).jpg
Views:	146
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	522443   Click image for larger version

Name:	991 Turbo S Cab (8).jpg
Views:	189
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	522444   Click image for larger version

Name:	991 Turbo S Cab (9).jpg
Views:	32
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	522445  

Old 03-17-2018, 01:07 PM
72offsuit is a jewel in the rough72offsuit is a jewel in the rough72offsuit is a jewel in the rough
Easy choice, for me. Black/yellow all day.

Old 03-17-2018, 03:28 PM
swoobie is on a distinguished road
Gt2 rs

Any thought of splitting the difference? That is the black interior with all red stitching, belts, etc. and gauges?

Old 03-17-2018, 08:50 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
You are a lucky guy. What a car. Good for you. Black with yellow or black with red stitch will look awesome. Post pics as soon as you get it.

Old 03-18-2018, 04:10 PM
CPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCPIGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback. Still on the fence, but have to to make a decision. Look like my allocation is a November build. Delivery first for the year

Old 03-19-2018, 09:27 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CPIGUY
Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback. Still on the fence, but have to to make a decision. Look like my allocation is a November build. Delivery first for the year
Arnie,
Congrats on your allocation. Cant wait to see it at Shift Sector.

Old 03-19-2018, 09:55 AM
Spec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond reputeSpec C has a reputation beyond repute
It should go over 170. A buddy just went 162 in his 991.2 gt3 manual

Old 03-19-2018, 10:29 AM
Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !Markblackwell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IMI A
Fixed that for u

Lol thats funny, but seriously Arnie is a great guy and lucky to get an allocation Im about done with Porsche, Ive been trying to get an allocation for awhile and it seems the same guys get the same cars every time new GT cars come out at my dealership anyway looked at a couple GT3 and 1 GT3RS with 44 miles on it owner trading it in on a new GT2RS Why sell this guy another car that he will never drive?

Every one can beat my car as I havent made a 1/2 mile event full pass in 18 months lol

Last edited by Markblackwell; 03-19-2018 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:31 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Wow congrats on the allocation! Go with your gut...

Old 03-20-2018, 07:48 AM
solipsistik is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think the 720S compares to the GT2 RS very well at all. It may or may not be faster in a straight line, but there the comparison ends. The 720S is more of a weekend supercar, the GT2 RS is an outright dominating track car with just enough civility to be driven on the street.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 RS Order confirmed, thought???