Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Stock 4.3 manual flywheel and clutch upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 12:01 AM
ahtim is on a distinguished road
Stock 4.3 manual flywheel and clutch upgrade

Hi guys, I am looking to upgrade the flywheel and clutch on my Manual 4.3, I googled and came out with several brands: 1 Brmford rose 2:VelocityAP 3: http://davidapplebyengineering.com/v8drivetrain.html

any one what are the actual differences between these few?

My my aim is to mainly improve the throttle reponse problem on the 4.3

thanks

Old 03-21-2018, 02:12 AM
bunob is on a distinguished road
They are the same

Old 03-21-2018, 05:20 AM
But some is selling 2000 ish pound and some selling like 3k pounds plus.

Which is is the most popular one? With most reliable feedback?

Thanks a lot

Old 03-21-2018, 07:34 AM
All right thanks, so I guess that’s the same for header and exhaust?
How come not much ppl are using Bamford Rose?

Old 03-21-2018, 03:09 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I'm pretty sure VAP is DAE's distributor in North America, not the other way around. It is if you talk to DAE.

Old 03-21-2018, 03:40 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
I'm pretty sure VAP is DAE's distributor in North America, not the other way around. It is if you talk to DAE.
On which parts? DAE is our authorized distributor on VelocityAP parts, exclusive for Europe on Aston Martin.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-21-2018, 04:58 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Of the clutches, the thread topic. And they are $2000 cheaper before VAT.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Of the clutches, the thread topic. And they are $2000 cheaper before VAT.
Gotcha. So the Clutch, Release Bearing, Spacer and Gaskets are all OEM Aston Martin. The Flywheels DAE orders and between them and us we split up the order depending on who needs what.

Their price is £2850 which is about $4050. We advertise for $4595, but obviously there's some shipping cost from the UK as well. And we offer them on 6Speed pricing as well. Not sure where $2000 comes from...

Actually, I haven't announced this yet either, but based on how well received the AMR parts have been, we determined that a 2-piece flywheel versus a 1-piece flywheel was not a critical factor for people selecting twin plate clutch options. Consequently we have actually invested in a casting to make the flywheels in 2-piece and will be offering this same kit, with the V12VS Clutch (Which is taller and better than the AMR Unit.) The first sample will be here in about a week, and will be test-fitted and signed off. This is going to allow us to sell our 2-piece package around the $3800 mark.

So there will be a new and perfect option, all the benefits of the V12VS clutch, but priced much better for the end user.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-21-2018, 06:34 PM
It might have been $1200 cheaper, the pound was very weak at the time, but having it shipped to Norway to avoid VAT and then reshipped here and burning a favor, eh. But I won't get into "perfect", if mine was quiet it would have been, but it was far from it.

But as DAE had the only non Aston part made, I consider it a DAE setup, and evidently so do they - ‘The Famous’ DAE V8 Vantage Twin Plate Organic Clutch Kit

I never cared if it was 1 piece or 2 as long as it stayed in one piece, and having it done by my local service department with factory support and warranty was always much more important to me than which plate it used, as I didn't have the best experience with the S plate.