is it me or ....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 07:20 AM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
is it me or ....

does the 991.2 gts rear wheel drive and steering provide a more visceral experience than the 991.2 turbo s
with a tune and sport cats the GTS feels under WOT as quick as a regular turbo

Old 04-16-2018, 09:58 AM
solipsistik is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe you need to tune your butt dyno to regulation spec.

But really, this should be not so far off. The GTS is a nice spot in the range.

Old 04-16-2018, 01:47 PM
Former Vendor
SRM Engineering is infamous around these partsSRM Engineering is infamous around these partsSRM Engineering is infamous around these partsSRM Engineering is infamous around these parts
No...

Old 04-16-2018, 03:58 PM
wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !wolfhedge Is a GOD !
I drive some VERY SLOW cars that feel quick or make a lot of noise

Yday drove my mate's 1996 Jeep and the front wheel bearings are gone and yada yada... but at 35 mph it felt like it was doing the biz cause of the noise n shaking

GTS is a nice piece of kit though !

Old 04-16-2018, 10:24 PM
_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold_ace_ is a splendid one to behold
Haven’t driven the latest GTS, but I’d expect you could without trouble modify a GTS to feel more visceral than a stock TT/TTS. The power is easy enough, and you can add suspension work, an exhaust system to taste, and so forth.

But then again you could modify the TT just as well.

The GTS has an available manual transmission, targa roof, and RWD. If any of those features are highly important to you, that’s where the GTS really shines. Also the GTS could be built to a lighter weight which is nice. A RWD GTS MT with an exhaust and a tune would be a fun car.

I really like my TT though and I wouldn’t trade it for one.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:37 AM
RandyC54 will become famous soon enoughRandyC54 will become famous soon enough
The GTS base engine is far off the starting point for the TT/TTS. You would really not practically match the torque without some insane tuning. There is no comparison between these cars. That does not mean the GTS is not a fabulous car, but your hypothesis is pretty far off.

Old 04-17-2018, 05:53 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Some of this as regards Visceral may be somewhat subjective. Some folks consider the TT to be a cold device. When I drove one and was inspired to order one, I found the TT to be extremely engaging and memorable! And I can't wait to DD it, or mostly DD anyway.
On the tune I bet you could get it close to 500-520 hp? And with less weight on dry pavement maybe make a run at a TT? I think the GTS does the Ring in 7:26 while a TT is around 7:18 or so. The new GTS is a big step over the old one.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:57 PM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
Probably the wrong forum for this question, but I'll bite . . . What do you mean by visceral? Audible? Ability to hang the back end out? Flat out speed? Visual? Steering? I guess if you gave a little more context, folks would be able to give a more thoughtful response, most of the folks here have a Turbo, so will likely lean that direction.

Old 04-18-2018, 04:04 PM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RandyC54
The GTS base engine is far off the starting point for the TT/TTS. You would really not practically match the torque without some insane tuning. There is no comparison between these cars. That does not mean the GTS is not a fabulous car, but your hypothesis is pretty far off.
I have to agree with Randy...these are 2 different animals, plus you add the AWD system to the equation and it is not fair at all for the GTS.

Manuel

Old 04-18-2018, 05:18 PM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
I've had 3 Turbo S since 2014 this is my first stint in a GTS with the tune and sport cats it definitely sounds meaner. It pulls under WOT as the last stock TT I drove and its much lighter on its feet. Its loftier. Breaks are not as tight. and the 3.0 under certain loads seems lacking. Its a beast however.
I have an opportunity to trade my 18 GTS cab rear wheel steering sticker of 159 paid 149 at 138 after 5k miles and 6 months and pick up a 2019 July order aug/sept delivery at a CONSIDERABLE discount new. so im tossing it around as 992 TTS won't be out for at least 2-2.5 years

Old 04-18-2018, 06:14 PM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a great deal except why bother having the car for 5k miles in 6 months?

Old 04-18-2018, 06:24 PM
I’m retired. It’s all I drive

Old 04-18-2018, 09:33 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shifter_
Sounds like a great deal except why bother having the car for 5k miles in 6 months?
I'm around 5k miles in 3 years on my 991 TTS lol.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:01 AM
shifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond reputeshifter_ has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah my bad. 5k in 6 mo isn't bad. I was thinking something else.

Old 04-19-2018, 01:22 PM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Jeff Kay
I've had 3 Turbo S since 2014 this is my first stint in a GTS with the tune and sport cats it definitely sounds meaner. It pulls under WOT as the last stock TT I drove and its much lighter on its feet. Its loftier. Breaks are not as tight. and the 3.0 under certain loads seems lacking. Its a beast however.
I have an opportunity to trade my 18 GTS cab rear wheel steering sticker of 159 paid 149 at 138 after 5k miles and 6 months and pick up a 2019 July order aug/sept delivery at a CONSIDERABLE discount new. so im tossing it around as 992 TTS won't be out for at least 2-2.5 years
I had a 17 C4S before my 15 Turbo S. The C4S feels faster and more lively under 3500 rpm. With sport cats and a tune, it spooled faster and felt more punch in the midrange than the Turbo S. When you floor it and good all out, the Turbo S drops it like the fedex guy delivering a package marked Fragile. It really depends on how hard you drive and how much of the tach you end up using. The 3.0tt motor is artificially boost limited in the midrange to make it feel like an NA motor's power curve. the 3.8tt in the Turbo/TurboS is not. When you tune the 3.0tt, you get a bunch more midrange, and less gain at the high end, where the larger and laggier turbos on the 3.8 gain all over, but spool slower. With a tune, the 3.0tt feels like it runs out of breath above 5000 rpm.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.