Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

so I bought a 2010 v8 vantage 4.7 l stick with 5500 miles; now what?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 10:51 PM
buckarooboy will become famous soon enough
so I bought a 2010 v8 vantage 4.7 l stick with 5500 miles; now what?

just purchased a 2010 v8 vantage stick 4.7 l with 9400 km on it (5500 miles). It was serviced through its life by the dealer. Last serviced in Oct 2016 when it was at 8900 km. So it has had 500 km put on it since its last service which was about 1 1/2 years ago. Other than an oil change what else should i be looking at here? I am wondering about complete fluid change like brakes, transmission, rad, diff? Any thoughts would be appreciated. It appears that the service interval based on mileage does not apply here but rather the vehicles age should be the primary factor in what maintenance is complete

Old 04-16-2018, 10:54 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
The fluids have a time/mileage schedule. Follow that if you have the full service records. Do you have your owner's manual?

Old 04-17-2018, 05:11 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Beside fluid replacement, Drive the beast and enjoy it

Old 04-17-2018, 07:43 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by buckarooboy
just purchased a 2010 v8 vantage stick 4.7 l with 9400 km on it (5500 miles). It was serviced through its life by the dealer. Last serviced in Oct 2016 when it was at 8900 km. So it has had 500 km put on it since its last service which was about 1 1/2 years ago. Other than an oil change what else should i be looking at here? I am wondering about complete fluid change like brakes, transmission, rad, diff? Any thoughts would be appreciated. It appears that the service interval based on mileage does not apply here but rather the vehicles age should be the primary factor in what maintenance is complete
Sounds like a cool Vantage. Good choice on the the transmission.
I would call your local dealer. We also need photos.
Ron

Old 04-17-2018, 09:06 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
in addition to getting all the fluids changed, you will probably need new tires and maybe wiper blades, I hear the Michelin P4S's are the beez kneez

Old 04-17-2018, 10:22 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
congrats!!!

Sounds like a great car and perfect choice on transmission.

+1 on the wiper blades.
My, November 2009, Vantage came with 8900 miles as well, tires were replaced right before I bought her but the wiper blades were crap and came apart shortly after purchase.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:18 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Aston dealers normally do the brake fluid with the oil change annually. How do you rotors and pads look? There are air & cabin filters that may need replacing. Batteries on the remotes. Do you have the metal key?

Old 04-17-2018, 09:10 PM
Argus will become famous soon enough
Do an oil change and drive it and enjoy.

Old 04-18-2018, 03:27 PM
veijones is on a distinguished road
Congrats!! Your job now is to DRIVE IT A LOT! I've got 105K on my '06 V8V and it doesn't feel much different than when it was new - maybe better actually! Keep the leather treated so it doesn't dry out ..

Old 04-18-2018, 05:46 PM
Yorick is on a distinguished road
I bought my 2009 Vantage with a MT 5 years ago @ 7000 miles, it's your car's one year older sister. I found that the following 3 things were the best changes, IMHO, that I made on my car.
Change the brake pads to Porterfields at your earliest convenience. You will appreciate how little brake dust they produce compared to the stock ones.
The transaxle consists of the transmission and differential in one casing and they share the same oil supply. Do not use a GL-5 transaxle oil, it tends to erode and shorten the synchro ring lifespans. Use only GL-4 gear oil.
If the original tires are still on the car it would make them almost 10 years old. There is probably tread remaining but the rubber compound has aged and become too hard for optimum traction. Do not replace with the original Bridgestone 050A. The Michelin Pilot 4S is one of the hottest tires on the market right now, you'll love them, huge improvement over those Bridgestones. Put them on last year, love them.
Hope that helps at least a little. The last and best step is to now go and enjoy your four-wheeled masterpiece. And the faster you go the better it will feel. Prepare to get too many speeding tickets.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:09 PM
thanks for the input

Old 04-18-2018, 10:11 PM
again thanks for the input. I am taking it to the dealer to go over. they have the service records from day 1 and told me they can assess the car and bring it up to date

Old 04-19-2018, 08:48 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
again thanks for the input. I am taking it to the dealer to go over. they have the service records from day 1 and told me they can assess the car and bring it up to date
Might as well install some VAP decats if they are putting on the lift.

Old 04-19-2018, 05:31 PM
007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Congrats on the purchase...

Sounds like you made a nice choice.
I'm looking forward to seeing it.
What colours did you go with?

Old 04-19-2018, 07:55 PM
aston 2010 6 speed pics

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: so I bought a 2010 v8 vantage 4.7 l stick with 5500 miles; now what?