Beyond pissed! Incandescent.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:08 PM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Beyond pissed! Incandescent.

Took my 911 GTS to the dealership for warranty repairs. The steering wheel controls/adjustments were not working. The dealer replaced the steering column. Car went into service on Thursday, returned the following Tuesday. My car is professionally detailed every Wednesday, so it went in looking pristine. Didn’t request a dealer wash, but they did. The car was delivered with swirls and grease marks. On top of that, someone there scratched the left front rim! In addition, the driver side window was inoperable. So, the car is still at the dealership. The window was fixed today and the rim repair is tomorrow. I have scheduled an appointment for Thursday with a detail company...even my service tech acknowledged that they fu@ked-up my car! I have lodged a complaint with Porsche customer service.

Old 04-18-2018, 06:25 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
That sux. Feel your pain. I alway tell dealership not to wash car and even leave a note in car to not wash. As far as other issues, yep they effed up badly. Seems that you can't do much but complain as they will fix what the f'd up, but call PCNA anyway then go to a different dealer.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:45 AM
2010Panny4S will become famous soon enough
Having a black car, every swirl marks will definitely show up especially the dealership wash marks. Sorry to hear about the lousy maintenance quality.

Yours are tiny issues compared to mine where I had my car in the shop back and forth for over 2 months for 9 issues on my Panamera. After the 6th check engine light, I stopped taking it to one dealer and brought to another dealer who has been servicing my wife's Cayman R with NO issues to date. After the 2nd dealership took on servicing the car, they have since found 3 more issues the other dealership goofed up on and the final straw was they found out the other dealership incorrectly put back the gaskets? They busted up the seals on those as well as the intake seals? causing massive air leaks/vacuum leaks.

I have since sold the Panamera once the 2nd dealership was able to rectify all the issues the 1st dealership screwed up on. Now I have a 911S, happy as hell and will make sure everyone I know never gets service from that dealership in my city.

Old 04-18-2018, 12:19 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Black cars will show any imperfection x 10 worse than any other color.
Regardless, that dealerships should be a no-no for you ever again. That really sucks.
NEVER have a dealership wash your car - period.
Calling PCNA will not do anything, except just make them aware. The dealership will just fix what needs to be fixed and that is all they will do - maybe throw in a free oil change or a free wash (yikes).
I had similar issues with a car before and after taking it there 3 times and they f'ng up something else attempting to fix what they f'd up in the first place, I ended up taking it to another dealership and they finally fixed all the issues.

Old 04-18-2018, 12:22 PM
Banned
R_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really nice
This is wrong on so many levels

Old 04-18-2018, 02:14 PM
Thinking is on a distinguished road
Good 0ne!!

Old 04-18-2018, 05:39 PM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the support. I have the car back now and will take it to get detailed tomorrow. I have no idea what Porsche NA intends doing, but feel very strongly that lodging a complaint is the correct thing. Also, I had an interesting email exchange with the dealership’s customer service representative. Of course, she apologized and then explained that a “quick wash” is provided as a courtesy. To which, I informed her that their quick wash left my car with swirl marks and greasy streaks and in far worse condition than when it arrived.

Old 04-19-2018, 01:19 PM
cstraley is an unknown quantity at this point
horrible service

I am on my 3rd Porsche and second 911 all purchased from the same dealer and I wont buy another. My service dept has made my mind up for me. As much as I like my 991.2 I am already making mental plans to dump it for something else ONLY because of the subpar service. As bad as the service is it's 30 days to get my car in for an appt, totally unacceptable. Dodge and Ford have superior service WHAT? yes...

I DD my 911 and can't wait a month for them to fix what they didn't fix on the last appt.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:27 AM
Find another dealer near you.

I was at the same point of leaving the Pcar, due to my unhappiness with dealer service. I went to another dealership that has since fixed the issues the other dealership made and left. Now that new dealer provided me an opportunity to buy my fist 911S and can't be any happier.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:18 PM
achtung6 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 2010Panny4S
Having a black car, every swirl marks will definitely show up especially the dealership wash marks. Sorry to hear about the lousy maintenance quality.

Yours are tiny issues compared to mine where I had my car in the shop back and forth for over 2 months for 9 issues on my Panamera. After the 6th check engine light, I stopped taking it to one dealer and brought to another dealer who has been servicing my wife's Cayman R with NO issues to date. After the 2nd dealership took on servicing the car, they have since found 3 more issues the other dealership goofed up on and the final straw was they found out the other dealership incorrectly put back the gaskets? They busted up the seals on those as well as the intake seals? causing massive air leaks/vacuum leaks.

I have since sold the Panamera once the 2nd dealership was able to rectify all the issues the 1st dealership screwed up on. Now I have a 911S, happy as hell and will make sure everyone I know never gets service from that dealership in my city.
I see you are in the Bay Area as I am. Please let me know if the dealer you refer to is in Marin. If it is not, I don't need to know. If you feel more comfortable sending a PM, please go ahead and thanks in advance!

Tony

Old 04-21-2018, 12:09 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Leslierc
Took my 911 GTS to the dealership for warranty repairs. The steering wheel controls/adjustments were not working. The dealer replaced the steering column. Car went into service on Thursday, returned the following Tuesday. My car is professionally detailed every Wednesday, so it went in looking pristine. Didn’t request a dealer wash, but they did. The car was delivered with swirls and grease marks. On top of that, someone there scratched the left front rim! In addition, the driver side window was inoperable. So, the car is still at the dealership. The window was fixed today and the rim repair is tomorrow. I have scheduled an appointment for Thursday with a detail company...even my service tech acknowledged that they fu@ked-up my car! I have lodged a complaint with Porsche customer service.
Arghh .... sorry to hear this, I can’t stand when you go in for service only to have your car come back with some damage.

How did the wheel repair go ... I think being your wheels are black it probably went well, When my brother had his stock silver wheels repaired when he had an Audi S4 convertible it was noticeably mismatched.

Old 04-21-2018, 03:06 PM
The repair was perfect. You would never know from looking at that wheel.

Old 04-23-2018, 04:28 PM
The repair was perfect. You would never know from looking at that wheel.
Great to hear that they took care of the issues.

Old 04-23-2018, 06:55 PM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
there was a lesson here to be learned.

Old 05-06-2018, 05:55 PM
2fas4u is on a distinguished road
Angry setllement!

Thanks for the support. I have the car back now and will take it to get detailed tomorrow. I have no idea what Porsche NA intends doing, but feel very strongly that lodging a complaint is the correct thing. Also, I had an interesting email exchange with the dealership’s customer service representative. Of course, she apologized and then explained that a “quick wash” is provided as a courtesy. To which, I informed her that their quick wash left my car with swirl marks and greasy streaks and in far worse condition than when it arrived.
Get your car detailed Professionally and send them the bill. Then quote them my Business Mantra " its not your error that is the problem but how are you going to handle your error?"

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Beyond pissed! Incandescent.