Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Amoc na

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 09:50 PM
Mike Gray will become famous soon enough
Amoc na

In the past, whenever I bought a "fun car", I joined the marque's Club - Mercedes (long ago), BMWCCA and PCA (still a member of those 2). I've done some quick checking on AMOC NA and was wondering what the group here thought of the Club. Any benefit in joining? Looks like the events are mostly in the NE. Thanks for any insights.

Regards,
Mike

Old 04-24-2018, 07:15 AM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
personally never gave it much thought bc as you've found out, events/gatherings are limited, and they're mostly in the NE.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:14 AM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
I've been in the club for a few years now, and if they have events in your area I've found they are fun things to do and the other club members are all really nice. Dues are a bit steep but for me it is worth it just to attend the annual event at the vintage races at Road America every July.

They also have a nice magazine plus I occasionally receive some other magazines from Aston Martin via the club.

Old 04-24-2018, 11:32 AM
millsjq has a spectacular aura aboutmillsjq has a spectacular aura about
I have been a AOMC member for 5+ years. I was in the East Region (Maryland) and there were number of events that the East Region conducted and I found my membership value added. I moved back to Florida 2 1/2 years ago, during which time I believe there has been only one AOMC event, I have chosen not to renew my membership as it has not been any value.

So it depends on where you reside.

Old 04-24-2018, 12:05 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
From what I see living in New England, there was little going on and saw no justification to join. Never had any luck with auto clubs. Was a member of the local Alfa and Jaguar clubs and they were such a clique, I felt excluded and really was excluded by the Jaguar club when I went to British Car day as member of the Jaguar club!

Think I am all set unless convinced other wise.

Old 04-24-2018, 04:16 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Doing Lime Rock with a bunch of other Astons is really the only reason I'd want to join. I'd do the concourse for the heck of it but it's not like a V8V is worth more than a glance when there are 4GT's and 1-77's on the field. Considering LR is a 4 hour drive I'd get just as much track fun at my local, where some like Duke will drive all the way to Florida just to do Redpatns tech day [but can't find the time to line up at the local drag strip! LOL]

Old 04-24-2018, 04:46 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
^ +1Yeah, this line-up needs to happen soon.

Old 04-24-2018, 05:42 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
410 miles left on break in and I'll be ready

Old 04-24-2018, 07:57 PM
Danno62 will become famous soon enough
As other members have stated, events are limited to certain areas (more NE).
My personal experience with a car club has been that I was the youngest one in attendance (I'm 56 now), they had dinner once a month to hash over the same business it seemed and always talked about the one fundraiser they did a year, limited number of members who actually drove their cars to events. I wanted to get my car out and show people, present the history etc.
Now that I have an AM I did join last year, and found the same as others on here...limited events as compared to the UK, but I see that as a limited number of cars shipped to the US as well...and more spread out making it difficult to get a gathering say in the central US (where I'm located). So for me, the few events within 300 miles I would attend, I'm not signing up again...not worth the money in my opinion.
On another note...in the AM news that comes out, the US chairs never have any input as to information, events etc. So what do they do except organize Lime Rock?

Old 04-24-2018, 08:44 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by millsjq
I have been a AOMC member for 5+ years. I was in the East Region (Maryland) and there were number of events that the East Region conducted and I found my membership value added. I moved back to Florida 2 1/2 years ago, during which time I believe there has been only one AOMC event, I have chosen not to renew my membership as it has not been any value.

So it depends on where you reside.
I agree. I joined when I bought my DB9. Being in Florida, I felt it is not worth it and didn't renew.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:53 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Redpants
Not everyone is aware of this, but dealerships often have a discount on parts and/or labor for AMOC members, as much as 15%. That alone can cover the cost of membership or at least help bring the cost down.
Is there a list of dealership that discount on AMOC membership? If mine does it may be worth joining.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:34 PM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Call your local AM dealer(s) and ask if they offer service discounts to AMOC members. The ones in Chicagoland offers 15% off with valid membership card.

Old 04-25-2018, 05:23 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Is there a list of dealership that discount on AMOC membership? If mine does it may be worth joining.
They do.

Old 04-26-2018, 05:20 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Having been and still member of BMWCCA and PCA for many years, those two are large well established car clubs with good benefits and low membership fees...

these clubs cater to folks from across the spectrum. . trackers with beaters having fun to folks with garage queens and every thing in between...

i found little to interest me in AMOC. Seemed like the entry fee was commensurate with the expected wallet size of a 'typical' Aston owner...I find forums are a great source of info and Cars and Coffee events can provide s bit of social interaction.

Perhaps 'Redpants' Rich can possibly turn things around here in Florida. Looking forward to the Tech Day, for sure.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.