997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Xonas are on!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 03:59 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Xonas are on!

It's been a long journey but the car will be coming home probably tomorrow. We started the car today and I forgot how loud and awesome it is, lol. Once the secondary air injection turns off it settles into a smooth burble and you can actually hear the turbines spinning. When you blip the throttle it sounds amazing. Not sure how much different from before but you can hear that it takes a few seconds for the sound of the spinning turbine to dissipate. I think this means that they are eager to spin.

Hopefully first drive tomorrow after work....

Old 05-14-2018, 07:10 PM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
Very much looking forward to your results. I think a lot of people including myself are always debating staying vtg or going to wgt. Hope you drive it soon. Enjoy

Old 05-14-2018, 09:40 PM
A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !
M3, you want to go away from VNTs

Congrats Bogg! Keep us up to date.

Old 05-15-2018, 06:32 AM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by A418t81
M3, you want to go away from VNTs

Congrats Bogg! Keep us up to date.

You will be the first to know if my Proto 63.5's are for sale The car runs so good on them that I need to be 100% sure I want to change. I can't even try to push them up further cause I'm out of injector too lol (1kcc).

Old 05-15-2018, 08:53 AM
A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by M3 Maestro
You will be the first to know if my Proto 63.5's are for sale The car runs so good on them that I need to be 100% sure I want to change. I can't even try to push them up further cause I'm out of injector too lol (1kcc).
Haha, I'm just messing with you. Car is great the way it is now....but I know that you're like me, and when the modding completes, the car usually goes next

Old 05-15-2018, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by A418t81
Haha, I'm just messing with you. Car is great the way it is now....but I know that you're like me, and when the modding completes, the car usually goes next
you are right my friend. So since I decided to keep the car...the modding must resume

Old 05-15-2018, 11:18 AM
DOOBEE will become famous soon enoughDOOBEE will become famous soon enough
Finally! Sent you some PMs. I'm going a similar route at another local shop. I'll be a few weeks behind you on the build but right there whenever we meet up on a local highway.

Old 05-15-2018, 02:25 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
patiently waiting impressions and results!

Old 05-15-2018, 02:29 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
The rear bumper is on, they are just hooking up the boost controller and putting the interior back together. I was thinking of just getting it tomorrow because I'm exhausted - worked till the wee hours and then early again today but damn the sun is shining and I will just load up on some starbucks so I can at least get some first impressions tonight!

Old 05-15-2018, 02:48 PM
mikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of light
Very nice, I cant wait to see it!

6Speed- Toronto Meetup?!

Old 05-16-2018, 12:51 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Bogg
The rear bumper is on, they are just hooking up the boost controller and putting the interior back together. I was thinking of just getting it tomorrow because I'm exhausted - worked till the wee hours and then early again today but damn the sun is shining and I will just load up on some starbucks so I can at least get some first impressions tonight!

......AND suspense is killing me !! I really want to hear your impressions from a street car perspective.

Originally Posted by mikestyle
Very nice, I cant wait to see it!

6Speed- Toronto Meetup?!

I am down. We should make it a regular once a month meet in different areas around the GTA.

Old 05-16-2018, 01:04 PM
Former Vendor
@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all
very nice, try to post some videos!

What size xonas?

Old 05-16-2018, 02:57 PM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
nice!

Old 05-16-2018, 04:12 PM
First impressions - lol

I thought I was running on just wastegates but there's no freakin way this is just wastegate pressure.

Looks like peak boost is around 19psi I think. Not sure what settings are currently being used in the boost controller but presumably whatever is "default". I haven't looked at the manual so didn't know how to actually turn the boost controller "off" to just use wastegate.

Anyway, picked up the car and it was rush hour so there were only a few controlled bursts. The base tune is pretty smooth. Giving a bit of juice in 2nd and 3rd is smooth. Lots of new noises, lol. The hissing from the turbos is way louder.

Got on the highway and did a couple of short duration full throttle bursts in 4th gear. Felt like I needed to hang on to the steering wheel.

The datalogs don't really say too much since they were just short bursts. Tomorrow I will do a proper third gear datalog and some pbox data if I can, just for baseline.

Subjectively, doesn't feel superlaggy in modest driving. The first few times I let off after accelerating I had to look around and see where the truck was. It was just the bovs pffting out some air, lol. My first car with bovs.

Old 05-16-2018, 04:20 PM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
Congrats

Looking fwd to meeting up

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Xonas are on!