Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera 60K Interval PDK Fluid Change DIY

Old 06-15-2018, 01:54 PM
HP41 is a jewel in the roughHP41 is a jewel in the roughHP41 is a jewel in the rough
Panamera 60K Interval PDK Fluid Change DIY

Completed this job earlier this week. Documented how I did it -- no issues and job is relatively easy if you have a good way to raise the vehicle.<br /><br />Let me know if you have any questions or additions.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf

Last edited by HP41; 01-11-2019 at 04:03 PM. Reason: updated for 2wd quantities
Old 06-15-2018, 03:11 PM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
Nice work Chuck, thank you.

Last edited by DogWood; 07-04-2018 at 09:51 AM. Reason: stupid spelling error
Old 06-15-2018, 03:59 PM
Victory007 is on a distinguished road
Nice thanks!

Old 06-19-2018, 05:59 PM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
Good Job. Thank you for your great procedure. Where is the inspection plug? Why didn't you do filter replacement by replace the pan?

Doug

Old 06-19-2018, 07:14 PM
HP41 is a jewel in the roughHP41 is a jewel in the roughHP41 is a jewel in the rough
1. Inspection plug is on rear of transmission about mid-way up. Has a hex key head.

2. Replacing the the filter is not a Porsche recommended service at 60K miles. I may do it at 120K miles. The pan / filter is ~$325. Based on the reports from the 911 crowd on pan/filter condition it does not seem necessary at 60K.

3. I am getting a metals analysis on the drained fluid -- just for reference. I will post the results here when I get them back. (Blackstone Labs)

Old 06-20-2018, 12:26 AM
dougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura aboutdougcayenne has a spectacular aura about
Chuck,

You are excellent, bud. Yes, I read your instruction you call fill/inspection plug. Now I see it . Thank you again. Please update us after the fluid analysis. My pan4s is 2016, 40K now. I probably do it in 2020.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:49 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Yes, if you can get us your fluid analysis results, that would be most excellent. I know Porsche sometimes recommends very useless things. Thank you for this very useful info. Saves many folks many dollars too.

Originally Posted by HP41

3. I am getting a metals analysis on the drained fluid -- just for reference. I will post the results here when I get them back. (Blackstone Labs)

Old 07-02-2018, 03:31 PM
Used fluid analysis from Blackstone Labs.

No issues seen.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
14 PANAMERA-TR-180627.pdf (259.5 KB, 509 views)
Old 07-02-2018, 04:02 PM
Awesome ... Good news. I have 2016, by 2020 i will have 60K/4yrs. I may have to bite the bullet let the FJ Porsche Fremont to do the full PDK service for $750 since my car is still under warranty 100K. I need to check to see the price is still good.

Good Job and thank you for sharing the fluid analysis.

Old 07-02-2018, 04:36 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Awesome!
Thanks for updating.

Old 07-04-2018, 09:55 AM
Does anyone know for certain whether or not the Durametric will allow you to monitor the temperatures in the same manner as the iCarSoft?

I wonder if I can drop by their shop and ask? (they are local to me) - half temped to offer to develop an iPad version for them :-)

Old 07-04-2018, 02:40 PM
From what I remember durametric on cayenne (I use my cable on both the CTT and PTT), there was a setting that shows trans temp in one of the test modes. I have not looked there in a while so would have to go play with it. If I do, I will report.

edit: checked. Panamera pdk in duranetric swap does not have transmission temp monitor feature. So used IT thermometer instead. Point at metal part of trans. At 40c, level should be at max.

Last edited by ciaka; 07-22-2018 at 05:42 AM.
Old 07-04-2018, 03:27 PM
thanks, that would be great

Old 07-08-2018, 11:46 AM
grabbed this from the Durametric website:
2010+ Porsche Panamera
Module ECU Identification Information Read Codes Clear Codes Actual Values ActivationsCommandsBasic SettingsAdaptationOutput TestCoding
Transmission - PDK Yes Yes Yes Yes No NoNoNoNoNoNo

I believe the "read actual values" in their terminology is the equivalent of monitoring.
if that is the case it appears that it wouldn't be suitable for this procedure - I have sent them an email to verify it.

Last edited by DogWood; 07-08-2018 at 11:53 AM. Reason: stupid formating
Old 07-08-2018, 08:57 PM
You can have a IR thermometer with you, have trannie warmed up to 40C when you do the fill. As other said, the difference in volume will not be that much. Many have done this on Cayennes with full success.
I have not looked into this at Durametric software, one day will. But regardless, this is an easy DYI. My plan to do this is soon (after I do front final drive, then PDCC reservoir, then the PDK). Then, I am all done everything I wanted to do maintenance wise for a whie (o yeah, have to test the brake fluid to see if needs changing). Maybe will feel like swapping brake lines for some nice red stainless steel, but not decided that yet.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Panamera 60K Interval PDK Fluid Change DIY