Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Help 07 DB9

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 03:49 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Help 07 DB9

I went to visit my sister and a thunder storm came through and now car will not start.
There is a whirring sound coming from the box next to the passenger side firewall and car will not go into start up diagnostic when I turn the key on and doors and trunk will not lock or unlock.
Battery went dead and I charged it up, but I cannot get the ecm to reset, anybody have an idea of what to do?

Display says to check battery disconnect, but I cannot open the trunk and also says gears are not working and has a DCS error.

I did disconnect the battery when I was charging and no help.

Last edited by randyb; 06-16-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:24 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by randyb
I went to visit my sister and a thunder storm came through and now car will not start.
There is a whirring sound coming from the box next to the passenger side firewall and car will not go into start up diagnostic when I turn the key on and doors and trunk will not lock or unlock.
Battery went dead and I charged it up, but I cannot get the ecm to reset, anybody have an idea of what to do?

Display says to check battery disconnect, but I cannot open the trunk and also says gears are not working and has a DCS error.

Honestly no clue, but maybe a battery change out????? Then see if trunk will open, then hit the button in the trunk, and then the reset button under the back seat above the battery, maybe even a few times. That might do the trick

Mine went haywire when I was re-installing my Denison. I didnt have the tender on it, and had doors open and radio on off many times. Although things would come on with the key, radio didnt work, ac didnt work, lights all over dash etc.....Wouldnt give me red start light either. Battery was just so low power wise, the car shut all things down. So after a bit of charge, cranked up and still a few things were wonky. Charged by tender for 2 days, and then all seems fine now.

Just my experience. ITs always almost the battery when issues arise it seems.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:58 PM
mjanis will become famous soon enough

OK. I am not sure if this helps but I did something really stupid the other day. I also have a 2007 DB9 Volante.

I pulled into the garage, shut off the engine, realized the top was still down, so I switched on the key, raised the top, gathered up my stuff, and left the key in the ignition with it in switched on. Dumb right? So the next morning, I realized I didn't have the keys in my pocket, went out to the car, found the keys and a near flat battery. I also didn't bother to put the battery tender on the car that evening.

The trunk was locked, so I couldn't get in it. There is no manual way to over ride the switch that I know of, so I couldn't hook up the battery tender, not that it would have helped much at that point.

So I had a battery pack that I had bought at Costco that could be used to jump start a car. So I opened up the hood. Center Front of the engine is a Cover with a large red + sign on it. I hooked the red jumper to the terminal and the black to a solid ground. Tried cranking the engine but the battery pack was partially discharged, but I was able to unlock the trunk(boot) so I hooked up my battery tender. I then took my battery pack back into the house to fully charge it.

Two hours later, once the battery pack was fully charged, I was able to get the car started. I then had to reset the windows and the clock.

So even if you can't get the trunk open you can connect another battery or a set of jumper cables to the car to unlock the trunk and check your disconnect switch.

Mark

Old 06-17-2018, 06:00 AM
I am getting PATS failure message, Key in Ignition message and key is in my hand. I did try to jump the car first.

@sheriff Dep - my DB9 does not have the reset button and I charged my battery to 100% with a charger hooked straight to my battery and cables disconnected. I will try trickle charging for a while and see if that helps.

Old 06-17-2018, 06:25 AM
Can you start a car with a tender hooked up?

Old 06-17-2018, 06:27 AM
Also, is there any obdii diagnostic tools that can reset the error codes?

That I can get from a store?

Old 06-17-2018, 08:21 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
I am getting PATS failure message, Key in Ignition message and key is in my hand. I did try to jump the car first.

@sheriff Dep - my DB9 does not have the reset button and I charged my battery to 100% with a charger hooked straight to my battery and cables disconnected. I will try trickle charging for a while and see if that helps.
Is the key chime on with key out? Check the flap inside the ignition switch isn't sticking. Make sure key is out when battery disconnect/reconnect is done. Close hood and doors and try manually locking both doors with key. Verify battery in remote Fob is 3v. 2007 MY battery reconnect is electronically done via key cycle (ignition switched on)

Old 06-17-2018, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Is the key chime on with key out? Check the flap inside the ignition switch isn't sticking. Make sure key is out when battery disconnect/reconnect is done. Close hood and doors and try manually locking both doors with key. Verify battery in remote Fob is 3v. 2007 MY battery reconnect is electronically done via key cycle (ignition switched on)
Key chime on all the time and flap is down and fob was working perfect the day before.
Tried locking and unlock doors, they will lock manually but not unlock.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:13 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Flap should be up, meaning when you insert key, flap goes down. That's what triggers the key in.

Old 06-17-2018, 09:55 AM
Flap is up now and comes on some times, PATS message is gone now. Guessing the battery did not charge all the way, so I am going to put it back on for a few hours.

Old 06-17-2018, 11:04 AM
Ok, disconnected battery to check wiring and reconnected it and now key chime is on constantly and key flap is up. Also, display says key is in the ignition.
doors and trunk still won't open.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:56 PM
Ok, there error I am getting is - Pats error trans not Conn
Guessing I have to go to the dealer, bummer

Old 06-17-2018, 01:23 PM
Have you tried a second key ? Keys can get pulled apart and loose the transponder.

Old 06-17-2018, 02:26 PM
Yes, tried both keys.

Just noticed this, the ICM display is on.

Old 06-17-2018, 04:34 PM
Yes, tried both keys.

Just noticed this, the ICM display is on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help 07 DB9