Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Redpants review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 03:46 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Redpants review

The below listed thread is a timeline list of my order with Redpants .
5/15/18
Rich states that new stock of side markers is “two weeks out” (yes theres a caveat)
The Redpants website to this day still has them listed as “shipping early next week”
I placed and order on 16/5/18 for side markers ,side repeaters and a catch can kit which I paid for in full 603$ US on 17/5/18 .
At the time of the order I told Clare I was prepared to wait for the markers etc and ship all items in one lot .
8/6/18 email from Clare stating they have a tracking number from the supplier for June 13 delivery to Redpants .
June 14 ...no delivery to Redpants and an email from Rich says Clare “misspoke” .......

18/6/18
Another email to say “the markers are being shipped to us for inspection”
Now when I went to school “are being shipped to us” meant that the items are manufactured ,packed , boxed up labelled and on a delivery truck somewhere ???
Clearly I must have been in a different class than other people as it means something totally different in the Redpants buisness .
It will be five weeks tomorrow since I placed my order and still I can not get a real honest answer as to when the order will be shipped .
My most recent email now says they are issuing a refund so I can re order “when they have stock”
Thats a little presumptuous.......
I will not be re ordering from a buisness that cant/wont provide its customers with honest realistic answers when asked for .
Rant over ........

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 06-24-2018 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:04 PM
ser1992 is an unknown quantity at this point
It seems like a bit of an over reaction to publicly **** on a guy who does a lot to provide products and information to Aston owners.

He runs a small business and I'm sure inventory management and supply chain logistics are a lot to handle. He gave you your money back. I don't know all of what was said and understand that a lack of communication can be frustrating when doing business, but he obviously isn't scamming you, I would just chill and let him ship you parts when he can or wait for when they are ready to ship.

Last edited by ser1992; 06-20-2018 at 04:07 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:04 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Sorry you’re having problems. Rich has always been reliable and prompt with me. Sometimes these things happen.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:14 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ser1992
It seems like a bit of an over reaction to publicly **** on a guy who does a lot to provide products and information to Aston owners.

He runs a small business and I'm sure inventory management and supply chain logistics are a lot to handle. He gave you your money back. I don't know all of what was said and understand that a lack of communication can be frustrating when doing business, but he obviously isn't scamming you, I would just chill and let him ship you parts when he can or wait for when they are ready to ship.
Moral of the story .
In any buisness small or large never ever make promises you can't or wont fulfill in the timelines you stated .

Old 06-20-2018, 04:16 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Whenever I see Vantagelvr post, I expect it to be negative.

While I haven't had this experience with Rich (I saw his post about this being an issue lately), I have experienced it with other vendors (all for my Datsun Z), and I know it can be extremely frustrating. My sympathies.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:16 PM
ser1992 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Vantagelvr
Moral of the story .
In any buisness small or large never ever make promises you can't or wont fulfill in the timelines you stated .
Real Life:
Unexpected things happen.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:41 PM
sam i am will become famous soon enough
I've got no dog in this fight, but it appears that Rich posted about the delays at 2:00pm, kinda crappy to then make a post 45 minutes later griping about something that was publicly, and likely privately, acknowledged.
Just my .02.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by sam i am
I've got no dog in this fight, but it appears that Rich posted about the delays at 2:00pm, kinda crappy to then make a post 45 minutes later griping about something that was publicly, and likely privately, acknowledged.
Just my .02.
Correct because I told Rich by email that I was going to post a review prior to me doing so ,it was posted by Rich as “damage control” before I got to complete my post .

I stand by my review and have the email chain and facts to back it all up .

Old 06-20-2018, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by Mathman85
Whenever I see Vantagelvr post, I expect it to be negative.
This from a guy whos car wears lipstick ??

Old 06-20-2018, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by Redpants
It absolutely was damage control. Given how upset you are with the delays, I had Clare email everyone with pending orders to touch base with them in case anyone else was also upset, and I made the post (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...on-delays.html) to address anyone considering pre-ordering them.

It was clear from your emails that you would not be happy with waiting any longer. I’d rather give you your money back than to sit on the cash of a dissatisfied customer whose order we cannot fulfill at this time. If you change your mind about ordering in the future, we’re happy to take care of you. If not, no worries, we understand.

Thanks for the support everyone.
Private email to you sent .

Old 06-20-2018, 06:55 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
At least Rich is coming forward when other vendors run and hide

Old 06-20-2018, 07:00 PM
BDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the roughBDubbs is a jewel in the rough
As a business owner, i understand that things happen at times that are unexpected, especially when you are relying on others in your supply chain. Communication is key. My dealings with Rich have always been above and beyond my expectations. While i cant speak for the experience above, i do know that what Rich has done for this community is not deserving of the "rant" - in my experience he does everything he can to help his customers and goes the extra mile- He's helped me with problems that have nothing to do with products he sells... Dealing as gentlemen this type of thing should be handled outside of a public forum. If he screwed you out of money or did a bait and switch, then have at it, but this is not the case. Just my humble opinion.... "rant over".

Old 06-20-2018, 07:11 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BDubbs
As a business owner, i understand that things happen at times that are unexpected, especially when you are relying on others in your supply chain. Communication is key. My dealings with Rich have always been above and beyond my expectations. While i cant speak for the experience above, i do know that what Rich has done for this community is not deserving of the "rant" - in my experience he does everything he can to help his customers and goes the extra mile- He's helped me with problems that have nothing to do with products he sells... Dealing as gentlemen this type of thing should be handled outside of a public forum. If he screwed you out of money or did a bait and switch, then have at it, but this is not the case. Just my humble opinion.... "rant over".
I have nothing but great things to say about Rich and Clare. Don't know why this OP was made public...What, to scare others away?

I have several small businesses and have problems crop up on things beyond my control...

I choose to do the best I can and if that doesn't satisfy folks, I move on.

There are all kinds or people in this world. I choose to deal with folks with a sense of understanding.

Keep problems private and praises public.

I find life is much better that way

Old 06-20-2018, 07:12 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
Not cool -

These are specialty cars - Redpants is a tiny company and in the case of the lights, delivering a very specialized product.The lights are not critical to the operation of the car.

It took a year to get a set of magnesium wheels for my Cobra. Watanabe would not even talk to me. When they finally shipped, I was happy to get them.

Thanks Rich for all you do. Look forward to future business.

chr

Old 06-20-2018, 07:32 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Commenting here goes against my general principle of not getting involved in other people's business.

However, there's some nonsense posted above.

I cannot check Vantagelvr's facts but assuming his story is factual, there is nothing wrong with relaying that information to the forum, and in fact, doing so might be reasonably interpreted as providing a service to forum members. IMO his post is not an excessive rant, generally sticking to a description of events, save for the inflammatory reference to Trump.

I can see Redpants' side of the story, too, and the comments from other posters about small businesses are valid. Also, he has done the right thing by issuing a refund. However, there is a whiff of disingenuousness about the whole affair, particularly if, as Vantagelvr says, the website has continued to list the product as "shipping next week".

What is patently irrelevant, IMO, is the assertion that a business gets a buy from feedback or reviews because the owner has contributed substantially to this forum or the Aston enthusiast community. Totally off topic as ar as I am concerned.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Redpants review