997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Just got into a 2009 997turbo... and love everything about it!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 05:51 PM
mezger911tt is an unknown quantity at this point
Just got into a 2009 997turbo... and love everything about it!!!

I'm in the process of doing a few upgrades and would love to hear what everyone has to say...

1. I'm thinking of running GT2 spec wheels with 245/35/19 & 325/30/19. I think the awd-system will be safe with these specs and I'm hoping the sidewall will match up all around. (prefer a meaty setup)
2. Can't figure out with what tune to go with. I see many are running COBB off the shelf tunes or custom Cobb tunes... (I'd love to run a catless setup)
3. As for springs, I'm stuck between eibach or h&r springs. Looking for a spring that will lower the car a little, but not overly stiff as I'm planning on picking up a DSC controller down the road... I've heard people complain about their h&r springs being too stiff.
4. I'm also going with a 2.5sachs clutch.. anything else I should consider while the transmission is down?

Thanks in advance! Super curious to hear everyone's thoughts and experiences!

Old 06-21-2018, 12:33 AM
Tareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mezger911tt
I'm in the process of doing a few upgrades and would love to hear what everyone has to say...

1. I'm thinking of running GT2 spec wheels with 245/35/19 & 325/30/19. I think the awd-system will be safe with these specs and I'm hoping the sidewall will match up all around. (prefer a meaty setup)
2. Can't figure out with what tune to go with. I see many are running COBB off the shelf tunes or custom Cobb tunes... (I'd love to run a catless setup)
3. As for springs, I'm stuck between eibach or h&r springs. Looking for a spring that will lower the car a little, but not overly stiff as I'm planning on picking up a DSC controller down the road... I've heard people complain about their h&r springs being too stiff.
4. I'm also going with a 2.5sachs clutch.. anything else I should consider while the transmission is down?

Thanks in advance! Super curious to hear everyone's thoughts and experiences!
Welcome to the club and congratulations on the purchase!

1- I run cup 2's in 245 and 325, no issues but I'm running wider than stock rims, never tried them on the OEM rims.
2- Cobb is a really good platform with alot of tuners out there and it has solid features, You can go with AIM performance or Sam from by design, they both tune Cobb. Sam usually has good package deals and you can get everything from him and his customer service is quick. There may be other tuners out there but these are the common ones.
3. I'm running Eibach springs and was worried they would be stiff, I did not notice any difference in ride quality.
4. No idea

I strongly recommend you consider the following mods as well:
A- Free flowing exhaust system.
B- Do88 intake pipes
C- Aquamist System
D- Intercoolers

Good luck.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:21 AM
Skwerl will become famous soon enoughSkwerl will become famous soon enough
Must be something wrong with my browser, the photos aren't loading.

Old 06-21-2018, 09:22 AM
Former Vendor
@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all@pkop2JZ is a name known to all
Congrats! I love my 997tt more and more each time I drive it, actually on my second one now!

Those tire sizes are fine, I run 245/325 on my oem 997.1tt wheels with no issues

For springs I actually have an extra set of H&R springs laying around I would let go for cheap, they belong on a car being used as opposed to sitting around in my garage! I wouldn't worry about ride being harsh, especially if you go with those thicker/taller tires

congrats again and keep us posted!

Old 06-21-2018, 10:42 AM
Feco is on a distinguished road
I'm running H&R springs on my 997.1 and I love it. The ride quality stills awesome even with PASM on.

I would suggest a set of sway bars. For me, the stock 997 suspension has too much body roll and understeer.

On the remap matter, COBB + Sam from by desing is my choice any day.

Old 06-21-2018, 12:32 PM
TTG
TTG is on a distinguished road
Congratulations!

Old 06-21-2018, 08:21 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the club
Your going to love it even more after modding ..my opinion would be as follows...
Kline exhaust ...custom Cobb..ams coolers... do88 pipes...
gmg springs
It is true that gmg rides a little harder but I couldn’t tell the difference between them and the and other brands plus your tpc controller will really level this car out...you want to be able to control your 600 ponies with the best handling springs on the market...I’ve had my gmg springs for 4 yrs no problems no sag with a good ride...

Old 06-22-2018, 06:46 AM
69572 is on a distinguished road
sachs 2.5 is great.