Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Modified cell phone mount

Old 07-14-2018, 12:34 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Modified cell phone mount

I have been working on a cell phone mount that does not block the HVAC vents or vibrate via the CD slot. The solution seems to be a combination of two mounts, taken apart to make one and a length of aluminum stock to reposition the vent blade attachment point.
Couple of pics attached

Attached Images    
Old 07-15-2018, 10:55 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
what do you need to look at your cell phone for that much when driving? Are you an uber driver? For me I just throw it in the inner console or keep it in my pocket

Old 07-15-2018, 05:08 PM
Richard Wong is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sonies
what do you need to look at your cell phone for that much when driving? Are you an uber driver? For me I just throw it in the inner console or keep it in my pocket

Old 07-15-2018, 05:45 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
I can text, surf internet, watch movies check email... lots to do with my phone while driving😉

Old 07-15-2018, 07:57 PM
DonRW2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow. Not to be judgmental, but driving while distracted is more dangerous (and statistically more deadly) than driving under the influence. In any car, much less a high performance vehicle. Again, wow.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:17 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sonies
My dealer is over two hours from me and I never remember where to turn once I get into Orlando.

So, I use the cell phone for navigation. The cars navigation is essentially useless.

Old 07-16-2018, 03:11 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DonRW2007
Wow. Not to be judgmental, but driving while distracted is more dangerous (and statistically more deadly) than driving under the influence. In any car, much less a high performance vehicle. Again, wow.
i guess my 😉 was missed!

Old 07-16-2018, 05:30 PM
DonRW2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MRCW
i guess my 😉 was missed!
Sorry, must have missed it! It really is a pet peeve of mine (cell phone use - mostly texting) while driving. Not that I’ve never been guilty, but I think it’s a huge problem nowadays and frankly people scare the s@@t out of me because I know most are doing it... Didn’t mean to offend or sound self-righteous...

Old 07-16-2018, 06:02 PM

Sorry, must have missed it! It really is a pet peeve of mine (cell phone use - mostly texting) while driving. Not that I’ve never been guilty, but I think it’s a huge problem nowadays and frankly people scare the s@@t out of me because I know most are doing it... Didn’t mean to offend or sound self-righteous...
you're quite right. I drive in traffic on an interstate most mornings (not in my Aston) ands am astounded at the percentage of people looking at phones instead of the road...

Old 07-17-2018, 10:29 AM

No offense taken. I blame the gutless politians ( here in Florida) who refuse to pass a law banning cellphone usage in cars. The fact is that this will not stop until It’s specifically against the law and enforced.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:06 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by embdenb
No offense taken. I blame the gutless politians ( here in Florida) who refuse to pass a law banning cellphone usage in cars. The fact is that this will not stop until It’s specifically against the law and enforced.
I'm sorry but you are quite wrong. That's like saying there's a law against speeding so no one will ever speed again.

In NJ they've had the law on the book for a few years with NO change to the habits of drivers, they just hand out a few more tickets if you get caught. But it's rampant everywhere, it's like a toy you just can't stop playing with. We have bluetooth, make the call, it's handsfree, except, you still have to manually make the call before it bluetooths.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender

In NJ they've had the law on the book for a few years with NO change to the habits of drivers, they just hand out a few more tickets if you get caught. But it's rampant everywhere, it's like a toy you just can't stop playing with. We have bluetooth, make the call, it's handsfree, except, you still have to manually make the call before it bluetooths.

The solution is a stiffer penalty. When the penalty becomes stiff enough less people will be inclined to use their phones while driving.
As an example: In the UK the DUI penalty I believe is a minimum of 12 months revocation of your license and a maximum of 6 months in jail and a fine of 5000,00 pounds.
Needless to say, just about everyone has a designated driver when they go to to bars etc.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:39 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
We have that penalty in NJ but it's for your 3rd offense
Never underestimate the stupidity of humans.