New 2018 Turbo-no car is perfect

Old 07-15-2018, 02:39 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
New 2018 Turbo-no car is perfect

So I had my new Turbo delivered to me at about 11 PM late last month. It's a fantastic car and I do love it, but in graphite blue certain "scratches" show up more easily than in, say, gloss white.

Rear bumper has a little nick in it maybe a little longer than 1/16", and the driver's side door has a shallow scratch in it, not really visible unless you're looking at an angle, not in the sun.

It just prompts me to accept the fact that on delivery, even these new cars have defects, whether it's on the exterior and/or in the interior. My GTS was the same way (had a 1" scratch in the paint next to driver's door but since it was white, not as visible), and same with my PTT that was scuffed below the front bumper on delivery.

My 991.1 S had a nick on the rear wing upon delivery, also about 1/16" long.

IS IT TOO HARD TO KEEP THESE CARS SCRATCH FREE BEFORE THEY ARE DELIVERED???

OMG, this is why I won't have another black car. The swirls and scratches visible would drive me insane.

Or maybe I'm already insane. I just want a d* new car delivered with adequate protection so there are ZERO scratches on it when it's delivered.

Good Lord.

Old 07-15-2018, 03:47 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
I think ALL other colors will show scratches more easily than gloss white. IMO it's a bit unreasonable to expect a PERFECT product when nothing else is perfect. Just last month I was at the Ferrari dealership because i was considering a used early model 458 and every car new or used had pretty bad buffer trails from rotary buffing. These examples are a sign of neglect and improper care though, much worse than most other high end cars i've seen. Will a paint correction fix or minimize the damage? Maybe post a pic so we can advise.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:03 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Holy cow are those scratches there on the left?? That looks brutal!! Wonder if buffer guy kept his job.

Old 07-15-2018, 06:49 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Rotary buffers if used improperly for finishing will cause micro-scratches called buffer trails. Picture above is a brand new, never registered 488. Picture here is just a random picture pulled off google

Old 07-15-2018, 07:04 PM
BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !BLOWN SRT Is a GOD !
When i picked my Performante a few months ago, I had it wrapped from A-Z before delivery. Not a scratch anywhere and not much to worry about.

My 911 is not a full body wrap, but it has most of it done and has no scratches.

It's well worth the money!

Old 07-15-2018, 08:17 PM
Unfortunately, wraps aren't always fail-safe. My GTS was wrapped on the front bumper but pesky large rocks still managed to puncture the wrap in a couple spots. This all within the first 1000 miles of ownership.

Overall the Turbo is in great shape, just one minor micro-scratch on door near mirror and a 1/16" nick on back bumper. How this happened I'll never know. Happen at dealer? Done by tech? Done during shipment? Who the hell knows. Makes me want to wrap the whole rear end, but then you gotta re-label the back. Such a pain in the a**. Maybe it happened at the factory when they affixed the 'Porsche' label, who knows.

It's so small I can't even post an adequate picture of it from the bumper.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:26 AM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BLOWN SRT
When i picked my Performante a few months ago, I had it wrapped from A-Z before delivery. Not a scratch anywhere and not much to worry about.

My 911 is not a full body wrap, but it has most of it done and has no scratches.

It's well worth the money!

I can't agree more, my car is fully wrapped!

Manuel

Old 07-21-2018, 07:16 PM
Got the front end all wrapped, looks great! Gonna go and get the rear bumper wrapped as well in a couple weeks, and this beast will be good to go. What a car!!