997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Painting lower trim?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 09:40 PM
Fastcarfreak is on a distinguished road
Painting lower trim?

Are people painting their lower trim to match the color of the 997 turbo? Would this have a negative effect on value? What’s the general consensus on this?

Color is guards red if that matters.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:17 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
I don't think it can effect the value as it was a factory option,but it can profoundly change the look of your car (in a good way) it really makes the car look lower ,it's an optical illusion that only works on light colored cars & not dark colored cars.Only issues are they're high impact area's & get rock chipped easily so clear bra will help, but even the clear bra can take a beating at the edges of wheel wells ,where the front lip comes around & the rear diffuser behind the rear tires & i don't have to tell you what happens when you try & remove clear bra from non oem paint .I keep 2 front lips so i can always have a good one on while the other ones out to paint .Hot tip look into the Oem Aero kit front lip the aftermarket one on Ebay thats $150 & try the Gt2 side skirts they have a nice aggressive but subtle look to them & not all boxy like some of the aftermarket ones are.

Last edited by twturbo; 07-17-2018 at 10:56 AM.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:40 PM
Xander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really nice
Mine has it factory painted

X...

Old 07-17-2018, 09:33 PM
Fastcarfreak is on a distinguished road
Didn’t realize factory paint was an option on them. That helps make my decision.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:39 PM
Skwerl will become famous soon enoughSkwerl will become famous soon enough
Can't imagine it would hurt value too much anyway, those trim pieces aren't that expensive to replace.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:21 AM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by twturbo
I don't think it can effect the value as it was a factory option,but it can profoundly change the look of your car (in a good way) it really makes the car look lower ,it's an optical illusion that only works on light colored cars & not dark colored cars.Only issues are they're high impact area's & get rock chipped easily so clear bra will help, but even the clear bra can take a beating at the edges of wheel wells ,where the front lip comes around & the rear diffuser behind the rear tires & i don't have to tell you what happens when you try & remove clear bra from non oem paint .I keep 2 front lips so i can always have a good one on while the other ones out to paint .Hot tip look into the Oem Aero kit front lip the aftermarket one on Ebay thats $150 & try the Gt2 side skirts they have a nice aggressive but subtle look to them & not all boxy like some of the aftermarket ones are.
I agree with everything said by twturbo. I was lucky enough to find a set of used OEM side skirts factory painted in my color. I kept the originals which can be painted in the future if needed. I also have an extra ebay aero lip to paint when needed.

Last edited by kwiksilver; 07-18-2018 at 09:22 AM. Reason: grammar