Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera PCM & Phone settings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 02:23 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Panamera PCM & Phone settings

Can anyone explain to me what the requirement is to have text messaging enabled in Panamera PCM?
When I read the manuals, you can read text messages from phone, etc. Wanted to see what is needed to have it done, and maybe rough walk through enable process.
Thanks.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:52 AM
mziegler38 is on a distinguished road
Are you looking to both receive and send text messages thru PCM. I may be wrong but I thought that had to be done with Apple Car Play, which requires attaching your iPhone to the PCM system thru the USB port. Do you have Apple Car Play in your vehicle?
To send a message you would have to go thru Siri using the voice control button.

Old 07-21-2018, 10:24 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I am not sure what I am looking for. I read in manual that you can see text messages on PCM, and wanted to know how to have that set up. After that, I will think of speaking to write the txt messages, or whatever else, but thats after.
Thanks.

Old 07-21-2018, 10:32 PM
Tigress is an unknown quantity at this point
Now the other question to this is, is the aforementioned applicable to Android phones as well?

Old 07-22-2018, 11:03 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ciaka
I am not sure what I am looking for. I read in manual that you can see text messages on PCM, and wanted to know how to have that set up. After that, I will think of speaking to write the txt messages, or whatever else, but thats after.
Thanks.
I haven't used it on the Pana but on another vehicle there is a setting on the phone you must enable. If I find it I ll forward the info.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:09 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
This was for my iPhone 5s: I was able to configure messaging - once connected via Bluetooth you must go (on your iPhone) to settings -> Bluetooth -> click the i next to "SubaruBT" -> turn on "show notifications

Long shot that it may be the same...

Old 07-22-2018, 11:51 AM
fgv1it has a spectacular aura aboutfgv1it has a spectacular aura about
I have an old htc m7, and my wife has a Samsung Mega2. Both are old Android phones, but both show messages on the PCM. As mentioned above, the set up was automatic when the bluetooth was paired for the first time.

Old 07-22-2018, 12:42 PM
I will have to delete my phone and redo this to ensure I enable whatever settings I need to have this. Why have it if you dont use it.

Originally Posted by fgv1it
I have an old htc m7, and my wife has a Samsung Mega2. Both are old Android phones, but both show messages on the PCM. As mentioned above, the set up was automatic when the bluetooth was paired for the first time.