Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Where to get O2 sensors??

Old 07-20-2018, 07:58 PM
Matthew Criscuolo is an unknown quantity at this point
Where to get O2 sensors??

Hi Mechanic told me that I need bank one sensor one & bank one sensor two oxygen sensors. Can someone pls Tell me where I can get that ? Thanks!

Old 07-21-2018, 06:39 AM
O2 sensors

Thanks for getting back so quickly. Very helpful. At this Point I’m genuinely Confused. I contacted a couple of auto parts stores and am under the impression that I can get these O2 sensors for as little as $35 each. Of course there in lies my confusion. The spread between what you are charging is huge. Why is that? Thanks! Also, when my mechanic referred to bank one sensor one and bank one sensor two, is that essentially upstream and downstream?

Old 07-21-2018, 07:06 AM
O2 sensors

Thanks for getting back so quickly and thank you for the thorough explanation. Now I understand. Do you have only an online store, and if so what is it called? Or do you have brick and mortar as well? What other services/products do you provide? Thanks

Old 07-21-2018, 08:16 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
The price difference between flying lead "universal" O2 sensors and sensor specific to an application is huge. And then Aston charges 3x over any normal part cost.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:39 AM
DonRW2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
I’ve only been with this marque a short time, but I can tell you that about the only item your local parts stores might supply for your AM is a gallon of windshield washer fluid...

Richard is one of this forum’s most respected members and won’t steer you wrong.

DRW

Old 07-21-2018, 05:13 PM
BMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Matthew Criscuolo
Thanks for getting back so quickly. Very helpful. At this Point I’m genuinely Confused. I contacted a couple of auto parts stores and am under the impression that I can get these O2 sensors for as little as $35 each. Of course there in lies my confusion. The spread between what you are charging is huge. Why is that? Thanks! Also, when my mechanic referred to bank one sensor one and bank one sensor two, is that essentially upstream and downstream?
Yep - However you didn't state your model or year but your car basically has 4 x O2 sensors. Two on each bank, one before the catalytic converter and one after, on each side. The one before is called upstream, the other after the cat, downstream.

Your parts guy was half correct. The exact o2 sensors used in my 06 v8v are borrowed from Ford. Pretty much any Ford built in the past 15 years uses the exact same O2 sensor head and connection and voltage specs. The main difference is the length of the cable. Slightly longer will work but too short will not.

For my v8v downstream O2 sensors the OE sensor cable is 650mm in length. There may be a direct swap Ford O2 sensor that length I haven't really looked. Some custom fits use O2 cable extensions that sell for a few bucks.

The NGK O2 sensors (Up & Down) are a direct fit for my v8v. The Ford ones (and there are hundreds of makes of those) are a direct fit for the Upstream and there may be one for the Downstream but I stopped researching that when I found the NGK direct fit. This may help (see attachment)

Attached Images  
Old 07-21-2018, 05:30 PM
Where to get O2 sensors?

Thank you. I have a 2007 AM V8. 4.3.
I don’t want to overspend I’m necessarily if I can get ford parts or anything that’s interchangeable from another brand. If I must get OEM Aston Martin Sensors, then so be it. Would you mind telling me if I have other options? Thank you! Matt

Old 07-21-2018, 05:57 PM
BMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Matthew Criscuolo
Thank you. I have a 2007 AM V8. 4.3.
I don’t want to overspend I’m necessarily if I can get ford parts or anything that’s interchangeable from another brand. If I must get OEM Aston Martin Sensors, then so be it. Would you mind telling me if I have other options? Thank you! Matt

I thought the attachment was self explanatory? The NGK are a direct replacement. The Ford Upstream (pre-cat) will swap directly - the Ford downstream (post-cat) needs an O2 cable extension or find a compatible Ford O2 sensor that is approx 650mm long.

BTW - your car has the same sensors as mine. The 4.3 and 4.7 used the same sensors (location = length) until 2011.

Edit: I do not recommend universal sensors that you splice.

Last edited by BMW-North; 07-21-2018 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:51 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by BMW-North
Yep - However you didn't state your model or year but your car basically has 4 x O2 sensors. Two on each bank, one before the catalytic converter and one after, on each side. The one before is called upstream, the other after the cat, downstream.

Your parts guy was half correct. The exact o2 sensors used in my 06 v8v are borrowed from Ford. Pretty much any Ford built in the past 15 years uses the exact same O2 sensor head and connection and voltage specs. The main difference is the length of the cable. Slightly longer will work but too short will not.

For my v8v downstream O2 sensors the OE sensor cable is 650mm in length. There may be a direct swap Ford O2 sensor that length I haven't really looked. Some custom fits use O2 cable extensions that sell for a few bucks.

The NGK O2 sensors (Up & Down) are a direct fit for my v8v. The Ford ones (and there are hundreds of makes of those) are a direct fit for the Upstream and there may be one for the Downstream but I stopped researching that when I found the NGK direct fit. This may help (see attachment)
There's a thread out here somewhere on alternative parts that work for our cars. You should add this, it's a great one.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:28 AM
TR-Spider is on a distinguished road
As I will need to exchange my 200 cell cats frequently for the stock ones for vehicle control every 2 years (Switzerland, don't ask...),
I thought about having Oxygene sensors in each system, as exchanging them may potentially break them.

So looking for non-expensive ones, I just learned that there are "unbranded" Oxygen sensors on the market, see

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rear-Left...IAAOSwjB9a-YHQ

Sounds too good to be true? Experience, anyone?

Thomas

Old 06-19-2019, 01:47 PM
dark1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Any of you have the upstream motorcraft alternative part# for a 2011 Vantage S 4.7?