Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

So... what's the trick with installing new wiper blades?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 01:12 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
So... what's the trick with installing new wiper blades?

I got the ones Rich links to on redpants.lol, but the connector is completely different. Does the connector itself need to be swapped over?

Old 08-12-2018, 01:46 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
New blade should have directions for the hook type arms and just follow directions, I just replaced one today.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:55 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
its annoying read the directions on it the part sort of opens up

Old 08-12-2018, 02:31 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
And this.

Old 08-12-2018, 03:14 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
The wiper mount on the car is not the hook type, though... it has the square retaining clip.

Old 08-12-2018, 03:55 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
I had the same problem with my Range Rover, couldn't find aftermarket blades that fit. Ended up with OEM ones. They are the same square mount with the button in the center.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:40 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I pulled off the outer piece that the Bosch came with and then it was the same. Passenger side does not fit tight against the windshield. Tried to pairs of Icons and same result. Had difficulty putting the old OEM passenger side back on. Was nervous and tried to swap the old driver's side and that worked... Waiting for the OEM's to arrive.

Old 08-16-2018, 02:10 PM
Bosch apparently makes wipers with the narrow top-lock mechanism. Part numbers B2603 (DS) and B2003 (PS).

On the left:

Old 08-16-2018, 11:21 PM
mjanis will become famous soon enough
I just put on a set of Michelin wiper blades on my DB9, no problems.

Old 08-18-2018, 12:44 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
The OEM's are harder to put on than the Icon's. The clamp is smarter on the Icon's (both are Bosch made).

Old 08-30-2018, 08:31 AM
I need a new wiper arm for the passenger side. Was at the dealer today and there's a big difference in tension between what my wiper arm has and what it should be. Arm is like $500ish...

Old 08-30-2018, 08:50 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I would laugh in their faces if they quoted me that for a wiper arm, just based upon a cursory search of Aston Martin, Part Number: CG43-17526-DA

its $240 before VAT for both arms/blades entire assembly

Last edited by sonies; 08-30-2018 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:40 PM
Yorick is on a distinguished road
Personally, I like to keep my 2009 V8V as stock as I can but whenever possible shy away from paying AM's inflated parts prices. With that in mind my solution to replacing wiper blades:
1) Buy a conventional set of a Wurth 20" wiper and a 24" wiper with the 'old-fashion' frames. I use Wurth because that's what my nearest parts store has on the shelf. Other brands would work just as well or better.
2) Remove the rubber blades from both Wurth frames. Throw away the frames. Keep the new rubber blades.
3) Take the worn out wipers off the car. Remove the old worn out rubber blades from the stock AM wiper frames. Throw away the old worn out rubber blades. Keep the OEM AM frames.
4) Install the new Wurth rubber blades onto the stock AM wiper frames.
5) Install your refurbished OEM AM wipers back on the car.
For 5 minutes work and under $20 your wipers are now good as brand new AM OEM wipers. And you don't have to drive all the way to the dealer's location to pay at least 10 times as much.