996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Finally got some MAFless k16 dyno numbers!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 07:38 PM
vogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond repute
Finally got some MAFless k16 dyno numbers!

So I threw the car on Komet Motorsport's Mustang Dyno to see if my shift points are correct and it put down some decent numbers for the tiny stock K16 turbos.

Car has a MAFLess Cobb AP tune by Sam@ByDesign with filters on the turbos, 5 bar FPR, 997GT2RS intercoolers and Speedtech 2.5 X-pipe with 100 cell cats and is RWD.

482whp and 483wtq on 93 octane tune.

The fact that it did this on pump gas on a Mustang dyno should put to bed the idea that stock K16s can't make 500whp.

Video of one of the runs.

Not super exciting, but the car moves pretty good for a lightly modded 15 year old pile.

1/4 mile numbers this fall when the weather cools down.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:28 PM
vogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Sam! Will get some logs soon.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:46 PM
Aiello996tt is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats! A lot of people doubt the stock turbos but I made 515whp/575wtq on pump 93oct and 550whp/610wtq on E85 with a similiar setup. It was fun on this setup as well, instant power. Mustang dyno as well.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:55 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
are you out of fuel to the point you need 5 bar or is it just for additional safety?

Old 08-14-2018, 09:12 PM
Aiello996tt is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by geetee
are you out of fuel to the point you need 5 bar or is it just for additional safety?

Stock Injectors get maxed out pretty easily once your pushing past basic bolt-ons.
5 bar FPR is your solution to get a little more room before changing injectors completely.

Old 08-15-2018, 05:22 AM
Originally Posted by geetee
Yea, I was running out of fuel prior to the 5 bar.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:26 AM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
Any guesstimate on how much gain there is from filters on Turbos vs. the stock system?

I like the response of my tiny like K16's but not sure i want to go full filter on turbo's incase i get caught in the rain, etc.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by daedalus
Any guesstimate on how much gain there is from filters on Turbos vs. the stock system?

I like the response of my tiny like K16's but not sure i want to go full filter on turbo's incase i get caught in the rain, etc.
Seat of the pants tells me 30-40whp, but I have no data to actually confirm. It's a large difference.

I've been caught in several downpours. Zero issues. Filters getting wet isn't a problem. Driving through standing water that goes up past the height of the filter is, but I would never drive through standing water in this car.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:52 AM
02BoxerTT is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice numbers.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:10 PM
Rvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant future
Awesome numbers! But to counter point this, your car is rear wheel drive. I think when someone is talking about K16s not making 500 whp, they’re referring to stock drive train.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Rvca3112
Awesome numbers! But to counter point this, your car is rear wheel drive. I think when someone is talking about K16s not making 500 whp, they’re referring to stock drive train.
This is true, but my car is not tapped out. I was making just under 1 bar on the dyno and I have catted 2.5in exhaust plus no breathing mods post turbo. Add that Mustang dynos (when properly setup) typically show less power than a Dynojet and I could see an AWD easily pass 500whp especially on race gas or E85.

Old 08-18-2018, 01:15 PM
s65e90 is infamous around these parts
All this makes me want to dyno my car ASAP.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:07 PM
Rvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant futureRvca3112 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by vogz
This is true, but my car is not tapped out. I was making just under 1 bar on the dyno and I have catted 2.5in exhaust plus no breathing mods post turbo. Add that Mustang dynos (when properly setup) typically show less power than a Dynojet and I could see an AWD easily pass 500whp especially on race gas or E85.
damn! Factory freak! I have 2.5 exhaust with no cats, ported exhaust manis, 5 bar fuel reg, K16/k24 hybrids, gt2rs intercoolers and piping, and a Cobb with sams tune. On my old tune of 1 bar I put down 423/439 hp/tq on a mustang dyno. Now I’m 1.5 bar after the intercoolers and it feels crazy fast. No leaks. Oh well. Car feels great

Old 08-20-2018, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by Rvca3112

damn! Factory freak! I have 2.5 exhaust with no cats, ported exhaust manis, 5 bar fuel reg, K16/k24 hybrids, gt2rs intercoolers and piping, and a Cobb with sams tune. On my old tune of 1 bar I put down 423/439 hp/tq on a mustang dyno. Now I’m 1.5 bar after the intercoolers and it feels crazy fast. No leaks. Oh well. Car feels great
I think eliminating the intake plumbing and going filters on the turbos when I went MAFless was a HUGE help. That stock convoluted intake piping is super restrictive. That said, if the car feels great, who cares what it puts down on a dyno? I mainly put mine on the dyno to figure out shift points and see what the curve looked like. What it does in the 1/4 and 1/2 mile is more important to me than just dyno numbers.

Old 08-20-2018, 11:53 PM
Meaty69Camaro is a jewel in the roughMeaty69Camaro is a jewel in the roughMeaty69Camaro is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by daedalus

My car shaved off 3/10ths in the 1/4mi by going filters on turbos. Huge difference IMO.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally got some MAFless k16 dyno numbers!