Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

996 Turbo/C4S H&R REAR Springs Urgently Needed Please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 04:21 PM
Ryan Way is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy 996 Turbo/C4S H&R REAR Springs Urgently Needed Please!

Category: Steering & Suspension
Price: $1
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits: Porsche 911 996 Turbo, Porsche 911 996 Non-Turbo
Location (State): CA
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item can be shipped

I need a set of H&R rear springs.

I bought a set of springs from a Rennlist member who assured me they were H&R Sports. That was half right. They were H&R fronts but the rear was a Coilover spring that he used with a stock shock and somehow got away with it. I validated this with H&R and Gemballa's West coast distributor Heinz/Hanz that it is a coilover spring not a conventional H&R Sport.

Unfortunately, did not find this out for a couple months because the Bilstein shortage delayed my install which led to me to investigate. The original seller is basically denying any misrepresentation and I'm left with a car sitting (temporarily on stock rear springs and H&R fronts not being driven.

I really only need the rear two springs but if I can only find a complete set, can someone please cut me a good deal? I was on a spending spree buying Fabspeed parts that didn't work out, ridiculously busy at work, being diagnosed with skin cancer etc etc etc so dropping more cash for a brand new set is something I can't do at the moment. Just want to get my daily driver back in the road right with the right springs.

I'm in the SF Bay Area. Thanks for reading! -Ryan

Wrong spring!

Thanks!

Ryan

Old 08-15-2018, 09:07 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Ryan, did you buy those springs on this forum? We take misrepresentation in an ad posted here very seriously. If you did buy here I would like to know who the perp was so I can make sure he doesn’t harm anyone else. If you would rather not out the perp on the forum send me a pm.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 08-15-2018 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:21 PM
Yes Chuck. He is a member here but the purchase originated on Rennlist (same handle)- same dude. I think they were cross-posted here as well. It wasn't a large amount of money but it has completely sidelined my car. Honestly, I kept this on PMs and didn't say his name on any public forum but this sucks. I'm halfway through an install and I do not want to do the fronts again without a lift. The backs - well I have to change again no matter what.

Thanks,

Ryan

Old 08-16-2018, 12:44 AM
Lapdancer996 will become famous soon enough
I have a set of fronts or rears. I can’t rememebr. However I am out of the country until Monday. If you haven’t found any I will report back with the part numbers on them.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:52 PM
Sikh911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi were these the springs on Craigslist as well? I almost bought them for my new to me 996tt I bought a month ago. Only reason I stayed away was because they looked weird in the photo. From what I understand and correct me if am wrong, the car sits lower in the rear anyways right? So what do you think about just lowering the front? IMO it would just sit right but again I'm new here and this is my first Porsche so don't want to give wrong advice. Good luck.

Brett

Old 08-16-2018, 07:45 PM
I think I know you, you bought the car from Portland. The ones in Daly City I think sold actually. Turbo springs have a different rate in the rear to account for the additional weight. Per H&R directly they will work just fine but may not lower the car as much. If you want a set of turbo springs I located a set. My buddy Kyle from Rennlist came in the clutch with a set of rear C4S H&R springs. Now I just have to wait and use other means of transportation. My rears are sitting on one coil removed stock springs and new bilsteins which got me home... but I'm not OK driving on.

Old 08-18-2018, 12:31 AM
Sikh911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi my Turbo came from San Luis Obispo. Let us know how it works out.