Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Finally joining the club - with a Centenary...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 07:09 PM
bolteon is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Finally joining the club - with a Centenary...

Hello all,

I've been lurking here since around the beginning of last year... searching for the "one".

After a close call with a potential purchase on my birthday last year (dealer wouldn't budge on including shipping!), I had come down to a single 2012 V8V S after staring at what felt like hundreds (likely 2 handfuls) of cars and balancing my willingness to give up what I really wanted vs what was available at my budget. The owner on that car and I talked for 9 months up through the mid of this year and it ended up getting sold, I kept telling myself- there's always another one.

Then a Centenary showed up in Las Vegas at a small exotics dealer, and I thought about reaching out having missed out on 2 Centenaries (which in reality I couldn't afford since they were out of my budget range) earlier though my search. I figured my best bet would be to wait, and come in hard with a quick offer but I'd have to have some ammunition on why I'd come in at the price. I reached out to the guy on here who bought the sole manual Centenary S that was for sale (second one I felt like I had "missed out" on, first was one at a local AM dealer).

Turns out he was looking to sell it.

We ended up finding a good number that worked for both of us, and through an investor of ours- we purchased the car for "development purposes" (I'm the founder and principal owner at Bmmpr, and we're actually using the car for testing as I write this). We tried securing shipment out from Florida, but they all ended up quoting more time and money than I was willing to spend. So I decided to fly out and drive the car back over two weekends...

You can find more pictures on our Instagram page here: https://instagram.com/bmmpr

Car is currently stored in San Antonio and I'm flying back this Saturday to finish the trip to Southern California.

Honestly, I'm in heaven- I couldn't be happier with #23.

Cheers everyone, happy to be joining with such a special car.

Last edited by bolteon; 09-18-2018 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:03 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Incredible find and story. You'll enjoy it more when it's at home.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:44 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
That’s a get way to get to know the beast. Congratulations

Old 09-18-2018, 09:18 PM
invalidname is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats. My story sounds very similar to yours and my car looks almost the same. I couldn’t find an 2012 V8VS in a manual and settled on a SportShift. Very jealous of the “stick” find.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by invalidname
Congrats. My story sounds very similar to yours and my car looks almost the same. I couldn’t find an 2012 V8VS in a manual and settled on a SportShift. Very jealous of the “stick” find.

Not just a stick find- of the 100 Centenary cars, only 70 something were made...

Around 19 were Vantages, and 7 or so were S's.

This is the only manual of those 7. It's truly a 1 of 1, and without question- feels every bit special.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:33 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Nice. Breakfast in NOLA!

Nice car too

Old 09-19-2018, 04:02 AM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Love the Centenary paint

Old 09-19-2018, 04:47 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Great find, congrats and welcome to the club

Old 09-19-2018, 05:30 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations on your find. Welcome to Aston ownership and the forum.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:45 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
congrats... good aston's are rare enough. . glad you found your car.

let the mods begin!

Old 09-19-2018, 08:56 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
That is one cool looking Vantage, taking your time for the one that is what you really want is worth it in the end. When purchasing a used car. It is a different matter when you can afford to order a new one to your specs.
But not many of us can do that at this price point. Enjoy what is one of the best cars out there.
Ron

Old 09-19-2018, 09:43 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
why would you search so hard for that exact car if you are going to mod it though? makes no sense

Old 09-19-2018, 11:01 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
That's pretty sweet. Good for you! Enjoy.

Old 09-19-2018, 12:27 PM
99Problems is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bolteon
Hello all,

I've been lurking here since around the beginning of last year... searching for the "one".

After a close call with a potential purchase on my birthday last year (dealer wouldn't budge on including shipping!), I had come down to a single 2012 V8V S after staring at what felt like hundreds (likely 2 handfuls) of cars and balancing my willingness to give up what I really wanted vs what was available at my budget. The owner on that car and I talked for 9 months up through the mid of this year and it ended up getting sold, I kept telling myself- there's always another one.

Then a Centenary showed up in Las Vegas at a small exotics dealer, and I thought about reaching out having missed out on 2 Centenaries (which in reality I couldn't afford since they were out of my budget range) earlier though my search. I figured my best bet would be to wait, and come in hard with a quick offer but I'd have to have some ammunition on why I'd come in at the price. I reached out to the guy on here who bought the sole manual Centenary S that was for sale (second one I felt like I had "missed out" on, first was one at a local AM dealer).

Turns out he was looking to sell it.

We ended up finding a good number that worked for both of us, and through an investor of ours- we purchased the car for "development purposes" (I'm the founder and principal owner at Bmmpr, and we're actually using the car for testing as I write this). We tried securing shipment out from Florida, but they all ended up quoting more time and money than I was willing to spend. So I decided to fly out and drive the car back over two weekends...

You can find more pictures on our Instagram page here: https://instagram.com/bmmpr

Car is currently stored in San Antonio and I'm flying back this Saturday to finish the trip to Southern California.

Honestly, I'm in heaven- I couldn't be happier with #23.

Cheers everyone, happy to be joining with such a special car.
No way! This is the car I sold earlier this year thru 6Speed to the I guess now Former owner in Florida (#23/100)!

Not sure why he decided to sell so quickly, but congrats! I know from personal experience how great that car is. And after all the paint correction, PPF and ceramic coating I had done on it, hopefully its also still one of the most well kept examples!

cheers.

Old 09-20-2018, 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by sonies
why would you search so hard for that exact car if you are going to mod it though? makes no sense

Because this car wont be getting a damn thing done to it. There's something to be said about an unmolested AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally joining the club - with a Centenary...