Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Black Instrument Cluster....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 07:56 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Black Instrument Cluster....

The first place I became aware of this was in the Vantage V8 GT.

Does anyone have any info (e.g., a part number, cost, etc.)

Thanks in advance
TAC

Old 09-18-2018, 09:36 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Oh that would be a nice little upgrade, subscribed

Old 09-19-2018, 03:49 AM
GDay2 is a jewel in the roughGDay2 is a jewel in the roughGDay2 is a jewel in the rough
I have seen it in a N430, looks absolutely great.
Cheers
Christian

Old 09-19-2018, 04:00 AM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
I don’t really consider this an upgrade. Doesn’t look as nice to me as the regular brushed aluminum

Old 09-19-2018, 07:20 AM
JL_MPLS will become famous soon enough
I have this in my V8 GT. It's actually more like a gunmetal gray than black. The photo above is taken in a dark environment. I have a friend with the brushed aluminum dash. He prefers his. I prefer mine.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:34 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by terminal_ac
The first place I became aware of this was in the Vantage V8 GT.

Does anyone have any info (e.g., a part number, cost, etc.)

Thanks in advance
TAC
I have a 2016 Vantage GT, I think if you contact Red Pants, he could get you a quote. It would not be cheap. These are some photos of my 2007 Vantage, and my 2016 GT.
Ron

my 2007 Vantage

2016 GT

Old 09-19-2018, 12:31 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I prefer the brushed silver look on MY Vantage. I have the interior carbon pack with Obsidian color so the interior already looks really monochromatic.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:13 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
My V12S has the black and my GT did also - I think (personally) it looks cheap - would much rather have the metal look of my 07 and 09.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:51 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
There may be some parts trading coming soon. Plastic panel is part of the whole instrument pack NSS. However it can be removed fairly easily.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:54 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I'll never understand why they put a 240 speedo in a car that does 185. 200 would have been plenty and given a little extra spacing on the numbers, if I could read them. Good thing the digital display is large. I'll be using that at some point with an officer, after I turn the message to another screen ~ "look at the speedo, I have no idea how fast I'm going."

For the record, I like my original much better.

Old 09-20-2018, 04:25 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
I suspect they put the 240mph speedo in the car because, in 6th gear, the speedo and tach needles sweep roughly as a mirror image.

And I literally bought a GT largely because of the black trim, cluster, and *****. Brushed/machined aluminum all over the interior is kinda passé.

Last edited by Mathman85; 09-20-2018 at 06:23 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-20-2018, 09:14 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I have grown to love that last gen waterfall, I didn't like it at all for the longest time. It's so clean and uncluttered. It'll be the last pure Aston design before they had to fit an Merc screen.

Old 09-21-2018, 10:47 AM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
The speedometer - oh my. I would have been happy with the tach right in the middle with smaller water and oil gauges that all could all be seen thru the wheel with a small digital speed indicator somewhere or not at all - LOL!

Love the gun metal

chr

Old 09-21-2018, 11:20 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
I'll never understand why they put a 240 speedo in a car that does 185. 200 would have been plenty and given a little extra spacing on the numbers, if I could read them.
+1

This is an area where lack of R&D shows up. The major car companies would have found out in their customer focus groups that customers can’t properly see the numbers on the speedo and changed the max number to 200 allowing larger numbers and better spacing. I do use the digital speedo, but those numbers should have been larger as well.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by embdenb

+1

This is an area where lack of R&D shows up. The major car companies would have found out in their customer focus groups that customers can’t properly see the numbers on the speedo and changed the max number to 200 allowing larger numbers and better spacing. I do use the digital speedo, but those numbers should have been larger as well.
If it wasn't for the digital I'd have no idea how fast I'm going, I've never used the speedo. I don't mind that the numbers are small, it is very elegant and watch like, and after time you pretty much know which is 80 and which is 100. It's the amount of space between the numbers, you have no idea if you're doing 76 or 79 at a glance which is the difference in being 14 over or not. I love the look but if the digital readout wasn't there I'd have alot of trouble knowing what speed I was going.

I will absolutely use that as an excuse to an officer someday!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Black Instrument Cluster....