Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New motor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 08:48 PM
distantecho is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking New motor

Finally ticked one off the bucket list last week and bought an Aston Martin.

14 V8 Vantage with 5k miles in Stratus White with Chestnut Tan interior, sportshift, sports muffler, carbon fiber bits, upgraded audio, nav, red brake calipers etc... It replaced my F-Type R (which I loved) and the Sportshift took a little getting used to. Have now driven 400 or so miles and am really enjoying it. D stands for don't!

Old 09-19-2018, 11:59 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Very classy looking interior. Was it wanting an Aston that made you trade in the Jag or something else? How do the two compare? I loved my XK and it was more of a crowd favorite (seafoam green metallic) than the Aston's when I showed at British Car Day. I think it was because it's a larger car, but I never warmed up to the F Type design. Aston has the extra special about it the Jags do not have.

Old 09-20-2018, 04:34 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the new purchase

Old 09-20-2018, 05:57 AM
distantecho is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Very classy looking interior. Was it wanting an Aston that made you trade in the Jag or something else? How do the two compare? I loved my XK and it was more of a crowd favorite (seafoam green metallic) than the Aston's when I showed at British Car Day. I think it was because it's a larger car, but I never warmed up to the F Type design. Aston has the extra special about it the Jags do not have.
I had a 2013 XKR then a 2014 F-Type V8S and a 15 F-Type R. I had the R for 3 years and turned it in at lease end. I loved all 3. The XK was a great grand tourer but the F-Type is much more hardcore. I drove one on the JLR track at Gaydon at 180 MPH and it was totally planted even at that speed. I think the F-Type coupe is gorgeous and the noise it makes is intoxicating if a little "hooligan" for some tastes. I bought the Aston because I've always wanted one, the poster on my wall as a kid was the 70's V8 Vantage.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:33 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations on your new toy. You will have to let us know how it compares to th Jaguar.

Old 09-20-2018, 10:49 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats! She is georgios!

Old 09-20-2018, 04:23 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Very nice Vantage, cool color combo. Welcome aboard.
Ron

Old 09-20-2018, 09:20 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Welcome!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com