Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Anyone here investing in Aston Martin Stock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 10:24 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Anyone here investing in Aston Martin Stock

Just curious when Aston goes public - anyone here investing?

Old 09-28-2018, 10:53 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
I was interested in buying a few and hopefully get one stock printed that I could frame and keep in my garage :-) Last time I check you had to buy 10,000 British Pound worth at a minimum...

Old 09-28-2018, 04:34 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
maybe, if there's an ADR

here's some basic info on it

Last edited by sonies; 09-28-2018 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:58 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sonies
maybe, if there's an ADR

here's some basic info on it
ADR Explained in English

Old 09-28-2018, 06:42 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
It's an interesting question. The more interesting is, would you buy with your heart or your head?

The stock market at it's peak, the pessimist in me sees a looming major adjustment, repeal of Glass Steagall and Dodd Frank, the first round of foreclosures never fully resolved, the banks are predatory lending and investing pension funds irresponsibly again. My head says no f'n way I'm buying into anything in the market until I see a major correction.

But my heart wants to buy 1000 shares. I believe they'll come out with a DBSish redesign of the front of the Vantage and they'll do very well going forward. But will sink will all ships if that storm comes.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:51 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
One would get more satisfaction of buying a used V8 Vantage and running it.

Old 09-28-2018, 08:03 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
If you're here you've probably already checked that box. You buy the car expecting it to lose money, you buy a stock hoping that it doesn't

See the 2007 V8V6M on BJ tonight? While Rick DeBruhl is gushing over how it's the most beautiful car ever designed, it sold for $41.8. 21k miles, looked like a creampuff. Although the blue over tan not my favorite combination.

Old 09-28-2018, 09:40 PM
mjanis will become famous soon enough
The problem is that the stock as being valued with the same multiples as Ferrari. I am sorry, I love the cars, I love the brand, I love many of the proposed new models, but until you have people standing in line to buy the cars, Ferrari valuation for the stock doesn't seem to make sense. When a barely used Superleggera sells for more than a new one because you can't get a new one it makes sense. When a used DB9 starts selling like a Ferrari 550/575 Maranello the valuation is appropriate. It is coming out on the London Exchange instead of NASDAQ or NYSE, So they are appealing to the UK market where the enthusiasm for the cars is highest. So unless they reset the opening price, I am out. Look to buy the stock at a discount in 6-12 months.

Mark

Old 09-29-2018, 05:33 PM
Logannz is on a distinguished road
I'd be concerned about buying stock until sales numbers of the new Vantage are public, The company requires this to be a smash hit, and based on the reception so far I just don't see it. As mentioned above a DBS front end would rescue the thing but I doubt you'll see that for couple of years at least.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:14 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I want to buy some for pure novelty. Nothing large enough that would make or break me. Just buy some and forget about how much it was at the time. In the long run, I would expect some increase.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:40 AM
same here

Old 09-30-2018, 12:51 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Same here. Like having stock certificates for the Green Bay Packers.

Old 09-30-2018, 02:55 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
What does it cost to buy shares, what is the minimum one could invest?
sorry I'm a cheap git with not much cash ....I have squandered al my cash and will continue to do so on cheap women and cars, wots left I manage to drink out ....

Old 10-03-2018, 07:35 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Agree with buying a few shares just to have. Just a show of support for the brand. Who knows, might be worth it when they hold their invitation only stockholders meeting at the factory.

Old 10-03-2018, 07:53 AM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone here investing in Aston Martin Stock