996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

EPS Performance Clutch kit - your opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 07:21 PM
PorscheFred is on a distinguished road
EPS Performance Clutch kit - your opinions

Hi Guys!
About 10K ago, I replaced the clutch on my 03 C4S using OEM Sachs pressure plate, sports organic solid center disc along with a new double-mass flywheel to solve 80K worn out clutch as well as some chatter when turning off the car. It was all well but the clutch is slipping again during spirited take offs and the clatter is back when shutting off the car. I don't track the car but all the miles are city so maybe that's the reason for the short life, and no, I don't ride the clutch or do lots of WOT take offs. learned to drive on stick and have been since 16 (52now). Needless to say, I'm not impressed with the OEM (Sachs) clutch setup/longevity so I'm seriously thinking of going aftermarket in the hopes that it will keep up with my style of driving. I have ruled out oil contamination due to RMS leaks as it was replaced (as well as the IMS) when the clutch was changed.

As you know, the prices for aftermarket performance clutches are ridiculous (IMHO). I can understand 700-1000 for a performance kit but not 3000-4000. I guess these people see the word 'Porsche' and is an immediate excluse to jack us up on prices. jeez. Anyways (sorry for the rant), I came across a setup from European Parts Solution that advertises to be 10mm wider than stock at a very affordable price of $409 + shipping. At that price, it may be worth the try, considering that a replacement Sachs Clutch disc alone is around $490 on Ebay.

Anybody had experience with that or other more affordable kits?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

https://www.vertexauto.com/porsche-9...s-p-10646.aspx

Old 10-01-2018, 11:13 AM
nottoshabi is on a distinguished road
Good to know thank you for the info.

Old 11-20-2018, 07:50 AM
MoeMonney will become famous soon enough
I have the upgraded EPS clutch in my 99´ 996, Its super easy to push and feels great. I drive my 996 hard but dont burnout ever. So far its been great.

Old 11-28-2018, 09:39 PM
sober_owl is on a distinguished road
from my understanding its a sachs kit with a different clutch disk(from an audi)... so ur getting the same kit with an upgraded disk..

also there was a member selling just the sachs disk upgraded with a kevlar material..i think u can find it on ebay