Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using Quickjack BL-5000 SLX?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 10:06 AM
cbwinters01 is on a distinguished road
Anyone using Quickjack BL-5000 SLX?

Is anyone using a Quickjack 5000 for their Porsche Panamera? Wondering how it works for you if so? Costco has a good deal on them right now...
Thanks!

Old 10-12-2018, 12:37 PM
Just A GTS has a spectacular aura aboutJust A GTS has a spectacular aura aboutJust A GTS has a spectacular aura about
I do!

Old 10-12-2018, 12:45 PM
Cool! Any issues with using it with your Panamera, or are you as happy as everyone i see using it on youtube?

Old 10-12-2018, 01:35 PM
DogWood will become famous soon enoughDogWood will become famous soon enough
That's a great price!

Now to figure out how to get the wife to let me spend the money :-)

Old 10-12-2018, 01:43 PM
I know, right? I sent my wife an email this morning telling her that the price was too good and i just was going to do it. I've been waffling on this for years now and I've got enough aches and pains that it is just time to bite the bullet. out the door $1,185 (not including the 2% or 3% I get back by using their visa...
by the way, after giving all my reasons to my wife of why i needed to buy it, her response: "Geez, that's expensive"...but i didn't see a "no"...

Old 10-12-2018, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by cbwinters01
"geez, that's expensive"...but i didn't see a "no"...

Old 10-13-2018, 08:24 AM
Capt. Obvious is an unknown quantity at this point
Perfect solution for me. I have a 2018 4S. Do I need the pinch blocks/. Out of town right now so I cantcheck

thanks

Old 10-13-2018, 08:49 AM
Just A GTS has a spectacular aura aboutJust A GTS has a spectacular aura aboutJust A GTS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by cbwinters01
Cool! Any issues with using it with your Panamera, or are you as happy as everyone i see using it on youtube?
No issues. Use it on both the Panamera and C7 Vette. I got in on black Friday last year and got another $100 off using a coupon they provided when I called to inquire about the product.

For storing, I actually put it together and drive over it even at my lowest setting. Great product and highly recommended. FYI there is a small amount of building involved but easy enough and instructions are good that comes with the product.

Old 10-13-2018, 10:50 AM
Great, thanks for the info! looking forward to having this for the first oil change in a month or so...

capt., there are loads of great videos on youtube. based on what i have seen, it doesn't appear to be necessary to purchase the pinch blocks. that said, it can't hurt, and i would guess may actually be a good thing. i don't intend to purchase anything more than what comes in the box at first, i'll evaluate after that...

Old 10-16-2018, 04:21 PM
Heads up to any other folks considering this version for purchase for their Panamera. I, the impetuous fool that I am, ordered without actually measuring the distance between the jack points on my Panamera. I'm measuring just short of 61" to hit the minimum/insides of the jackpoints. This version of Quickjack goes to 60".
Options at this point are to either return to Costco, or buy the 6" extension for ~ $200. I'll probably just suck it up and do the latter, but now that I've pulled my head out of my a$$, I'm going to measure my wife's SUV jackpoints to make sure we are covered there too, before I make the final decision.

Old 10-16-2018, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I thought the SLX was long enough as well

Old 10-16-2018, 06:14 PM
Cbwinters01, nice catch. I was going to order it tonight. Thanks for the heads up. Looking into it, it would be cheaper to buy the lift from Costco plus ordering the extensions from Quickjack. The tire spread is too long for my Boxster using the EXT model. Getting the extensions separately gives me more flexibility. Do you have any idea which block fits into the jack points?

Old 10-16-2018, 06:42 PM
Hey Capt. yeah, your reason to still consider is why I'm not completely banging my head against a wall... I intend to use this for my 911sc too, and i believe that the EXT is also too long, so the SLX is the right way to go for working on that car. Regarding the block sizes, I'm thinking that i am going to just pick up the raised end of the jack point on the car for the lift, rather than trying to find something that fits into the cup of the jack point. In fact, i'm not sure that even with the extensions there will be enough length to get something completely/fully seated inside that lift point cup.
I can't be sure, and maybe someone else will know the answer here, but wouldn't every other typical lift at a typical auto shop just lift off of that raised/solid portion of the jack point? it seems solid and sturdy..I doubt that the typical auto shop is going to try and find something that fits into that cup before they lift the car, rather they would just swing the lift arms out and lift on the outsides of the cup (the raised portion of the jack point)? I'm guessing someone on this forum will know if this is correct?

***Edit: I just measured, and it appears that with the extension to 66", there will be enough to lift with something seated inside the cup. That said, unless someone knows better, I currently don't have a plan to worry about doing that. In fact, as i look at the raised parts of that lift point, there is a small amount of scuffing and so appears to have been used as the lift point (rather than the inside of the cup)...and the only place this car has been serviced to this point is at Porsche...

Last edited by cbwinters01; 10-16-2018 at 07:13 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 07:15 PM
Maybe I can mill or modify one of the blocks to fit inside the cup. Will order and play around with it. Thank you for your help.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:23 PM
dudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the roughdudecs is a jewel in the rough
You can lift/jack the Panamera at the jack point with a flat pad (like a hockey puck or floor jack). If you wish to have a jack pad that fits inside the jack point, a BMW/Mini jack pad (approx. 1" x 2.24") will fit the first gen Panamera. You will have to measure to verify it is the same for second/current gen Panamera.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone using Quickjack BL-5000 SLX?