997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Champion IC to IPD Y Pipe hose connection issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 05:12 PM
PDQPDK is an unknown quantity at this point
Champion IC to IPD Y Pipe hose connection issues

Working on my 2011 997.2 TTS.

I just installed a set of Champion's Inter Coolers and IPD's Y Pipe and Plenum.

I am using new Werks1 hoses, but when I attempt to slip them on the Y Pipe so that the ring on the inside of the upper IC hose is correctly in the grove on the Y Pipe, the IC hose is about 3/4" - 1" short of what would be enough hose material to properly slip over the inter cooler. Has anyone else had this experience, or have a solution?

Thank you.

Kurt

Old 10-17-2018, 02:18 PM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Please make sure you have the correct Werks1 hoses. There is one kit for the .1 and another for the .2

Old 10-17-2018, 10:56 PM
PDQPDK is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, thank you. I spoke with Tom at Champion to verify I had they sent me the correct hoses. He assured me they were correct by informing me that 997.1 hoses are marked “L” or }Left and “R” “Right” and 997.2 hoses are not marked so.

I was able to connect the OEM Y Pipe to the Champion inter coolers, and believe that with some heat and time the hoses will allow for some give for me to install the IPD Y Pipe. Two messages left for Mike at IPD with no reply...not the customer service I was hoping for for the price I paid for the plenum and Y Pipe since this video demonstrates that it has been done:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...e-997-2-a.html

Regardless, the car is amazing with the Champion IC’s!!!

Cheers!

Kurt

Originally Posted by turboslut
Please make sure you have the correct Werks1 hoses. There is one kit for the .1 and another for the .2

Old 11-21-2018, 10:00 AM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Please only use: parts number: TS-HCT-M100 available at summit racing or Trident Marine part numbers TSS 56S30 EP and TSS 60S30 EP available at Amazon.

Constant Torque clamps are a MUST for clamping places subject to thermal variations.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:29 AM
lliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud of
Agree with the above.

Ed

Old 11-23-2018, 08:46 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Check with Gregg at IPD i'm sure he'll take care of you

Old 12-07-2018, 07:16 AM
Originally Posted by twturbo
Check with Gregg at IPD i'm sure he'll take care of you

Do you have any pics of the IPD y pipe? I am trying to see how thought out it is when it comes to the coupling end that attaches to the throttle body.