Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Help with apparent custom radar/laser

Old 10-19-2018, 01:18 PM
Dirk989 is an unknown quantity at this point
Help with apparent custom radar/laser

Bought an 05 Continental and discovered this. No manual, instructions or marking anywhere. Anyone able to ID this?

Old 10-19-2018, 02:30 PM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
K40 - Calibre

https://www.k40.com/products/manuals-brochures/

Last edited by BWings; 10-19-2018 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:33 PM
Thank you!

Old 10-19-2018, 02:35 PM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dirk989
Thank you!
I put the manuals up on my reply. I have one too. Problem is they're really outdated.

Old 10-20-2018, 11:21 AM
I have no remote. The only control is the one pictured. Click rearward and it comes on or click forward and it comes on. I’m assuming (guessing) these are highway/city settings. The control **** also rotates to have some type of adjustment. A larger white light and then a smaller red on left and on right are the inly
lights. The white one chirps regularly when the system is on and the red ones only when alerting.

This doesn’t really seem to be an exact match to the Caliber, but maybe it is.

Just one of the many minor mysteries that came with the purchase of this car. About 2,000 miles so far in the first month and absolutely loving every minute of it. So far.....

Old 10-20-2018, 11:30 AM
Just looked at the manuals you linked. Looks
like K40-2000p.

I think you may have solved this mystery for me!

On to the next one!

Last edited by Dirk989; 10-20-2018 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Mistaken number
Old 10-20-2018, 11:49 AM
Mine is definitely the Calibre. It came with two remotes, and I do not have the manual rotary switch as in your pic.

I called, talked with the main guy at K40. The unit I have in my car has both a K-band detector and a laser diffuser. The bumper unit you show in one of your pics is the laser diffuser. On mine, there is another grill unit, different shaped (more square) that is K-Band.

The problem is, since mine was installed by a previous owner, the laser is seriously out of date making it pretty useless. According to K40, when mine was up to date, there were something like 10 laser frequencies in use. He said, now there is something like 10,000 frequencies used.

My system can be updated to include new laser heads, but haven't decided to pull that trigger yet.

Last edited by BWings; 10-20-2018 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-10-2022, 09:29 PM
cyguy is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm looking for a remote like the one pictured on this thread. Ideas where I can find one? Thx

Old 07-11-2022, 05:43 AM
Originally Posted by cyguy
I'm looking for a remote like the one pictured on this thread. Ideas where I can find one? Thx
Hi cyguy,

I have one. These go for some ridiculous prices. The last extra one I had I put on Ebay and priced mine at $400 which was under what another one was. It sold in 10 minutes.

Below are two pics I took 5 minutes before posting these. I don't have this one for sale but might consider Ebaying it.

Old 07-11-2022, 10:31 AM
cyguy is an unknown quantity at this point
BWings - thx for getting back. That is just crazy and its unfortunate K40 doesn't offer any other solutions other than the remote in order for what I suspect these expensive equipment to be operational. Curious to know whether they have to be programmed or are these remotes universal?

Thx again.

Old 07-11-2022, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by cyguy
BWings - thx for getting back. That is just crazy and its unfortunate K40 doesn't offer any other solutions other than the remote in order for what I suspect these expensive equipment to be operational. Curious to know whether they have to be programmed or are these remotes universal?

Thx again.
Hi,

The remote is universal, doesn't need to be programmed to an individual K40, but w/o the remote there is no way to control the device and is why they are so sought after. Many cars were sold traded and the remotes were overlooked (might be your case). And these are no longer made for a number of years now.

Keep an eye on Ebay. I used to see them occasionally, not so much lately, but you never know.

All the Best,

Last edited by BWings; 07-11-2022 at 11:20 AM.