Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Homelink

Old 10-22-2018, 01:22 PM
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
Homelink

The homelink transmitter in my 09 Vantage rearview mirror is not functioning. It's not a programming issue. I expect Aston utilized homelink equipped mirrors from some other brand like Jaguar, Volvo or Ford. Can anyone confirm this?

Old 10-22-2018, 02:01 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Any other faults? The mirror is a fused circuit thru the CEM along with other lamps. 5 amp fuse you may want to check.

Old 10-22-2018, 07:23 PM
JdoubleU, Thanks. No other faults. If you know, which fuse box? I have one in the boot, one under the passenger footwell and one in the engine compartment.

Old 10-22-2018, 08:07 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
The CEM is the one at the passenger footwell. I think its F47 5 amp mini fuse. The diagram is in the owners book.

Old 10-23-2018, 12:25 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Check too see if the mirror dims also. .. there's a wire/ plug in the overhead cover that could have for disconnected

Old 10-23-2018, 03:04 PM
I checked the fuse. It's ok and the interior lights also work. The mirror also dims at night. There is no indication that the Homelink is getting any power (or maybe it's just failed) given that he LED light does not turn on when I try the code cancellation procedure in the owner's manual.

I would like to see if it is getting power/properly plugged in. I'm not quite sure of the best way to remove the mirror. There is a cover containing the interior lights that somewhat surrounds the mirror base (This is a roadster). Does that cover snap off and allow access?

Old 10-23-2018, 07:12 PM
Sounds like the circuit and connection at the mirror are good. Time to go shopping for a new mirror.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:41 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jagman70
I checked the fuse. It's ok and the interior lights also work. The mirror also dims at night. There is no indication that the Homelink is getting any power (or maybe it's just failed) given that he LED light does not turn on when I try the code cancellation procedure in the owner's manual.

I would like to see if it is getting power/properly plugged in. I'm not quite sure of the best way to remove the mirror. There is a cover containing the interior lights that somewhat surrounds the mirror base (This is a roadster). Does that cover snap off and allow access?
one t30 bolt removes mirror and then screw holds the cover on...

there's a plug inside to connect the power to the mirror.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:50 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Sounds like the circuit and connection at the mirror are good. Time to go shopping for a new mirror.
Check the archives. You can get the mirror repaired by a company that fixes these mirrors.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:24 AM
I don't think they are an approved vendor on here anymore.

Old 10-25-2018, 12:00 PM
I have been able to remove the mirror but do not see a way to open it. The only part that does not work is the Homelink. The auto-dimming feature works. The mirror is made by Magna Donnelly which supplies mirrors to a number of car manufacturers. My hope would be to find an inexpensive used (non-Aston) Magna mirror on e-bay that uses the same Homelink electronics and swap that in. However, there does not appear to be any screws that hold the the mirror case together. Is there a way to open it without damaging the case?

Old 10-25-2018, 12:39 PM
Homelink is the same for all manufactures, Its a fairly small unit I would guess they are all the same size.

Old 10-25-2018, 03:04 PM
It can be very difficult. They're are a few YouTube videos about taking similar mirrors apart but not the Aston one. I tried but found it difficult...i was wanting to take it apart for different reason, as if added video rear view mirror to my V8V for my back up cam.

Old 10-28-2018, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Homelink is the same for all manufactures, Its a fairly small unit I would guess they are all the same size.
I found a place in Texas, Radar- Mirror.com who say they may be able to fix it but will need to examine the mirror to see if they have a Homelink board to fit. I hope to send it to them later this week given that the driving season is about over in the Northeast this year.

Old 10-28-2018, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Jagman70
I found a place in Texas, Radar- Mirror.com who say they may be able to fix it but will need to examine the mirror to see if they have a Homelink board to fit. I hope to send it to them later this week given that the driving season is about over in the Northeast this year.
ask for a price... you may be surprised their cos to crack it open and "fix" could be more than the cost of a new mirror...

i priced some things when i was working on my rear view mirror back up camera screen and their price was astronomical.