Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Honest review of the 2019 Aston Martin Vantage

Old 10-22-2018, 03:38 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Honest review of the 2019 Aston Martin Vantage

I like Matt and here is his latest review

Old 10-22-2018, 03:53 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
Great review! Thanks for posting. I have to check out his DBS review if there is one already.

Old 10-22-2018, 04:18 PM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the heads up....Matt is very good as usual. Not quite the "earthy" praise he laid on the yellow V12S (an epic review not for family viewing)!

Old 10-22-2018, 04:20 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
Does he have a YouTube channel ?

Old 10-22-2018, 04:23 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Old 10-22-2018, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by handyman2009
Thanks! Subscribed ! :-)

Old 10-22-2018, 08:09 PM
sf911c2 has a spectacular aura aboutsf911c2 has a spectacular aura about
thanks for posting. I like his reviews as they are more down to earth. Matt's v12s review is great as well. Overall not very impressive AM performance with all the glitches and I agree AM 1st year cars are half baked. If interested in new vantage looks best to wait 2-3 years until the bugs are out and they redo the front end.

Old 10-22-2018, 08:41 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sf911c2
I agree AM 1st year cars are half baked.
I've owned a first year car (06 Vantage) for the past 10 years and put 30k miles on her. Outside of one ruined tail light due to water, one headlamp board I needed to have soldered, and a power steering pump I blew doing donuts, the car has been flawless. Figured I'd put an actual data point out there as many people assume a first your car is a bad choice..."half baked" is not even close to fair.

Old 10-23-2018, 09:00 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DetomasoGTS74

I've owned a first year car (06 Vantage) for the past 10 years and put 30k miles on her. Outside of one ruined tail light due to water, one headlamp board I needed to have soldered, and a power steering pump I blew doing donuts, the car has been flawless. Figured I'd put an actual data point out there as many people assume a first your car is a bad choice..."half baked" is not even close to fair.

Yeah I wouldn't say they are half baked, but they just get more refined every year, that is typical for any car not just astons

also I'm not sure how matt thinks the car has a harsh ride in the most comfortable mode... the thing is way less harsh than my old sports pack vantage is even in track mode!

Old 10-23-2018, 09:09 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
I do like his reviews, I have read and talked to a few journalists that have review a lot of high end cars. For some reason Aston Martin loans out cars that are not fully checked out before hand. Lotus had the same problem, you would think they would take the time for a full check over.
It would only reflect better on them. I would rather allow one less review, and take the time needed to insure a better review for my product.
I also think some of his comments on the auto trans, will be fixed when the manual comes out.
Ron

Old 10-23-2018, 09:09 AM
pearsonhaus will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the post! Good informative review.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:06 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by sonies
also I'm not sure how matt thinks the car has a harsh ride in the most comfortable mode... the thing is way less harsh than my old sports pack vantage is even in track mode!
Ditto, it was definitely a more compliant ride in track than my sport pack is. I drove it in track the whole time, potholes, rough road and all and loved the feel.

Old 10-23-2018, 06:39 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
I guess, "ride" is subjective too. I found the ride better than the previous generation Vantages (both V8 and V12), and the new Vantage has a better ride than the 991 TTS, I owned. Clearly, the seats are so much comfier and supportive.

Last edited by mto; 10-23-2018 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:59 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Maybe he's just griping about how most performance cars these days have sh*t ride comfort, and taking out on the Aston.

A combination of lardy curb weights, low profile, non-compliant rubber and rock hard suspension really does limit ride comfort on most modern performance machines. Sure, they have a lot more mechanical grip than cars built 20 or 25 years ago (at least on smooth roads), but they sure do pummel you into submission in the process.

Who the hell is vetting these cars for release to reviewers? Or maybe they all have panel gaps that bad...

Old 10-24-2018, 08:47 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Ditto, it was definitely a more compliant ride in track than my sport pack is. I drove it in track the whole time, potholes, rough road and all and loved the feel.
yeah I love the exhaust pops in track mode too!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Honest review of the 2019 Aston Martin Vantage