997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GT2 decklid part number questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 09:54 AM
turbofazz will become famous soon enough
GT2 decklid part number questions

Hey guys! Fitted the NR Auto GT2 decklid to my turbo a while back. This is probably the most accurate OEM-matching decklid out there. I have fitted the appropriate grommets, bumper buffers, and obviously fan/latch and all other pieces that were needed for install. I was window shopping on eBay today for GT2's (just for kicks ) and I noticed that I am still missing a couple of parts.

First, I need the accordion-style ducts that mate up to the OEM airbox. Second, it looks like there are some black circular "covers" that cover some additional holes that I'm not sure what are needed for in the first place.

I attached a pic of the GT2 decklid with the parts indicated with red arrows, and then the underside of my decklid while I was installing the ECS airbox for reference. Then a bonus pic of the intake!

Thanks in advance for the info.

SOLVED:
Circular covers:
999 703 019 40 (x4 needed)
Accordion Ducts: 997 512 771 00 Air guide channel left, 997 512 772 00 Air guide channel right

Last edited by turbofazz; 08-27-2023 at 08:38 AM.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:12 AM
Wellp, nevermind guys, found what I needed. Didn't realize Porsche has all of the diagrams available on their website. D'oh!

Part #12 on diagram below.

997 512 771 00 Air guide channel left
997 512 772 00 Air guide channel right

Around $550 a piece. WTF!?

Last edited by turbofazz; 10-29-2018 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10-26-2018, 01:14 PM
Dguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of light
You have pictures of the nr auto GT2 decklid you can share on the car. I'm thinking about getting this on my car and would like to know the process you went through.

Old 10-27-2018, 12:17 AM
jakethunder is on a distinguished road
I’m interested in seeing it mounted too. Any modifications needed for the portion underneath the deck lid to fit with our air box?

Old 10-29-2018, 10:22 PM
Hey sorry haven't checked this thread. I was planning on making a full DIY thread as I haven't seen one on here. Here is a quick teaser pic with the matte GT2RS carbon side scoops from NR Auto as well.

Originally Posted by jakethunder
I’m interested in seeing it mounted too. Any modifications needed for the portion underneath the deck lid to fit with our air box?
Nah, I didn't have to modify anything. I have the ECS carbon airbox but I'm assuming it fits same as OEM.

Edit: Also, looks like the part number updated to 99751277202 and the cheapest I've found it is $440. Now, I understand Porsche parts are going to carry a premium and that's fine. But this is just absolutely ridiculous. You're telling me I have to spend $880 for 2 rubber accordion pieces? Not a single company makes re-manufactured versions of these?!

Last edited by turbofazz; 10-29-2018 at 10:44 PM.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:49 AM
Dguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of light
A few questions as I've been looking at this option for some time. Can you just reuse the accordion rubber from your existing decklid? Wouldn't it all transfer over? Did the wing come already painted from NR or did you have to do it. I can't see it in the picture but do the deck lid vents turn the opposite way of the stock. Reason for my question is I run the fabspeed open air intakes, just wondering if rain comes through into the engine area more often through those vents and the side portals? I rarely drive it in the rain but also don't want a ton of water spraying into the engine area where the intakes are.

Old 10-30-2018, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by Dguth
A few questions as I've been looking at this option for some time. Can you just reuse the accordion rubber from your existing decklid? Wouldn't it all transfer over? Did the wing come already painted from NR or did you have to do it. I can't see it in the picture but do the deck lid vents turn the opposite way of the stock. Reason for my question is I run the fabspeed open air intakes, just wondering if rain comes through into the engine area more often through those vents and the side portals? I rarely drive it in the rain but also don't want a ton of water spraying into the engine area where the intakes are.
I didn't have accordion rubber from my previous decklid. The factory turbo decklid has different style ducts, as you can see in this picture of my OEM one:

The wing does not come painted from NR Auto. I bought it off a forum member ctony66, who can probably speak more about the prep work it took to make it perfect, but from what he told me and what I've gathered on here and RL, it fits pretty spot on from NR auto out of the box.

As for the direction of the vents, I brought my car to work today (probably one of the last beautiful days in NJ!) so I can go and snap some pictures at lunch. I will make another post in this thread. As for water getting in, seems about the same as the factory decklid was. The water drains out properly from either side of the decklid.

Old 10-30-2018, 08:05 AM
jakethunder is on a distinguished road
Looks good. Have any close up shots or more from the rear? I’m looking to change up my wing (currently running a TechArt wing), so I’m evaluating all options

Old 10-30-2018, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by jakethunder
Looks good. Have any close up shots or more from the rear? I’m looking to change up my wing (currently running a TechArt wing), so I’m evaluating all options
I'm gonna take a walk outside to my car in a bit and get some pics. What does the TechArt wing look like? This NR Auto lid is an incredible OEM-quality replacement for those who don't want to spend the $18,000 (Yes, that's correct) on a factory 997 GT2 decklid / wing. The body guy I took the decklid to has been doing Porsches for decades, and he has had OEM GT2 decklids in the shop. He told me this is the best he has seen, and it assembles EXACTLY as the OEM decklid does. It also has all of the same grommet locations and holes underneath. It EVEN has the places to put the OEM oil and emissions information stickers (which I have ordered from Porsche).

Here is some more info on it: https://nrauto.com/product/porsche-9...97997-2-turbo/

Old 10-30-2018, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by Dguth
Can you just reuse the accordion rubber from your existing decklid?
As I analyzed the picture of my OEM decklid with the ducts, I realize I may have overlooked something. It looks like there is that accordion piece on the bottom of the ducts!! I am going to try and transfer it to the GT2 lid tonight. Man, I feel really stupid if that is the case - but, also relieved that I won't have to spend $900 just to get a nice tight seal on the airbox inlets.

Old 10-30-2018, 09:17 AM
ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !
Car looks great. I think the accordion pieces are longer on the gt2 deck lid that's why I never transferred them over. They don't use the ducts like the regular turbo does. The stock ones were a bit too pricey for me. There was a decent amount of prep involved but fitment was perfect out of the box.

Old 10-30-2018, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by ctony66
Car looks great. I think the accordion pieces are longer on the gt2 deck lid that's why I never transferred them over. They don't use the ducts like the regular turbo does. The stock ones were a bit too pricey for me. There was a decent amount of prep involved but fitment was perfect out of the box.
Thanks man!! Ahh I was excited for a minute, but I'm not surprised they don't fit. $440 a piece for the OEM ones is absolutely RIDICULOUS. I wonder if just some rubber weatherstripping would work.

Old 10-30-2018, 10:40 AM
Here's a picture of how the Techart wing looks. This is my car and I'm considering going with a different wing for more downforce with track use. I'm thinking of the GT2 option or others but NR auto has plenty of choices.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo528.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	530507   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo119.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	530508   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo382.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	3.06 MB
ID:	530509  
Old 10-30-2018, 11:23 AM
Nice car! I like that decklid. It's subtle like the factory aero kit package. I haven't seen a GT2 decklid on a car with TechArt side skirts. I know ctony66 had this decklid on his black turbo, maybe he can post some pics up. I can confirm that because the decklid was black when I bought it off of him

Old 10-30-2018, 11:43 AM
OK guys just took a walk outside, here are some photos. Sorry for my camera skills (or lack thereof).

The holes do line up perfectly with my ECS airbox.

Rear shot.

Carbon gourney fully removable just like OEM.

Mobil 1 sticker goes here. The two holes top right get covered with some black circular cover. Couldn't find the part #. I used a brand new grommet to route the wires through.

Removable gourney

Last edited by turbofazz; 10-30-2018 at 11:49 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 decklid part number questions