Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Enclosed shippers

Old 11-15-2018, 09:25 AM
lovingit is on a distinguished road
Enclosed shippers

AM owners, I might be getting close on my dream car! Dont want to jinx it. But do you have recommendations on enclosed shippers with decent pricing? I was told to go to uship but I don't know if I trust the companies there. Shipping from east coast to west coast.
The dealer uses Nations Auto Transport and they quoted $1400 enclosed to CA from GA. Anyone use them or have another recommendation?

Last edited by lovingit; 11-15-2018 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:21 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
PM'd you the company what shipped my Aston enclosed.
They came on time, brand new enclosed trailer and delivered on time.
In addition to one third of the price Aston gave me.

Last edited by Zettinger; 11-15-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:34 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
$1400 sounds about average for coast to coast. Are you dealing with a brokerage shipper or the shipper direct?

Old 11-15-2018, 11:21 AM
V12V will become famous soon enough
Price is about right. I have used Reliable for years and have not had any problems.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:35 AM
Parvenu is on a distinguished road
I've used Intercity and Passport for my Aston. Although Intercity is my first choice if they can accommodate my schedule, both are excellent and I would highly recommend either company for closed transport. They pick up on time, stay in contact during transport and, at least in my experience, will deliver the car with zero issues.

Old 11-15-2018, 12:23 PM
Intercity wanted $2645 coast to coast which is way high!

Old 11-15-2018, 12:34 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I have used Exotic out of Orlando Florida. Reliable is also a safe choice. The dealer wouldn’t recommend someone who wasn’t good. I have had good luck with dealer arranged inclosed transportation.

Old 11-15-2018, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
$1400 sounds about average for coast to coast. Are you dealing with a brokerage shipper or the shipper direct?
The dealer says Nations Auto Transport quote is directly with them. I don’t know. I’ve never heard of them before.

I hear some places will switch the car between transports halfway through so the car gets moved. Intercity says they don’t use chains and that some companies still do and that is one of the reasons they cost more for services like that and also covering the car with cloth. I’d think all transport places don’t use chains anymore and all will cover their cars.

Last edited by lovingit; 11-15-2018 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:17 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
My Rapide was shipped through my selling dealership's recommendation (I bought the car in CA). I can give you their number if want to ask them who they use (PM). If you bought your car from a place that normally sells Aston level cars, I bet the shipper is on the level.

Old 11-15-2018, 03:25 PM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
I used and was well satisfied with Reliable for covered transport west to east coast. I believe the drivers actually work for Reliable...in any case I got one driver/truck which can be an issue if you are not careful. I never got confidence in the brokered method and preferred dealing direct. Also good to be on top tier when loaded if double-decker.

Old 11-15-2018, 04:44 PM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
No issues with Passport Transport 3 times

Old 11-16-2018, 11:10 AM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
$1400 sounds pretty good for GA to CA. I paid $1200 for Houston to Atl. Looks like the reviews for Nations are good, but probably want to verify what kind of truck will be used for transport. I just scanned the reviews, but I didn't see any for what I would call exotic cars. Whether or not that matters is your call.

https://www.transportreviews.com/Com...-Transport-LLC

Last edited by davidm17; 11-16-2018 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 04:37 PM
Dustan is on a distinguished road
Maybe check the bring a trailer web site. Lots of transporting due to that site.
Good luck

Old 11-16-2018, 06:13 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
I used Reliable from Wisconsin to Washington D.C. and it was $1400

I called in September to get it shipped ASAP. Reliable said schedule only allowed a pickup on or around Nov 8th and delivery around the 13th. My shipment was delayed by 2 days due to weather and I found out then the vehicle was picked up by a great driver and truck, then parked inside a warehouse for 3 days, then put on a different truck and delivered to DC. Both ends the drivers were perfect and the trucks close to new.

I would check some of the recommended places and see what delivery times are. I bet your surprised at the wait.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:15 PM
Is it customary to tip the driver? If so, what do you guys think is standard?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Enclosed shippers