Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Need Help with my Aston Martin DBS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 08:16 PM
call2sala is an unknown quantity at this point
Need Help with my Aston Martin DBS

Hi, I am new to the site. Looking for help with my Aston DBS, in figuring out what parts are required to fix the crash. The workshop it has been in for a long time has backed out after I spent a lot of money on parts. Things are missing from the car and I do not know what is missing from which bracket. So, I have decided to do the project myself by at least sourcing the parts and then looking for a place to take it to for putting things together. Need help in figuring out what goes where. Is it possible to get a workshop manual somehow? Thanks

Once a beauty((((((

Old 11-28-2018, 09:28 PM
mjanis will become famous soon enough
Wow. You certainly have a project. You can get a factory workshop manual directly from Aston Martin. You can buy access to their technical site for 24 hours and download the manual, technical bulletins, etc.

https://www.astonmartintechinfo.com/login.aspx

Old 11-29-2018, 04:32 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
or try this

Various manuals

Old 11-29-2018, 07:10 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Hope you got it for a good price as those parts are going to add up quick!

Old 11-29-2018, 07:55 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I think you might need a radiator and some air filters, other than that some duct tape should do the trick!

Old 12-05-2018, 01:45 PM
I got the radiator, cooler. Air filter boxes and some pipes. Stuck after that...

Old 12-05-2018, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by handyman2009
or try this

Various manuals
Thank you so much, You got a great collection, thanks for sharing.
A lot of sections in DBS manual are missing Like Engine, is there any way I can get those as well. They will be a great help

Old 12-06-2018, 03:31 AM
Archimedou is an unknown quantity at this point
I went exactly the same route.
Maybe mine was even harder as the head cam cover was hit and some small parts fall into the distribution chain cover in the front.
Very happy to help you if you have any questions.

Old 12-06-2018, 06:46 AM
boxercupdave has a spectacular aura aboutboxercupdave has a spectacular aura about
It's great seeing people doing these types of efforts on there cars. As our cars get older I'm sure we'll see more of this.

Call2sala, I would first use a scope to see if any debris has gotten into the intakes on both sides. I would also make a couple of plates to cover the openings until you put the intake assy back on.

First thing I'd do is get it to a point where you can apply battery power and start to bring up the systems. Maybe see what codes you get on the chassis port and when the engine is ready to run, see what if any codes show up on the ODB Engine port.

Dave

Old 12-06-2018, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by Archimedou
I went exactly the same route.
Maybe mine was even harder as the head cam cover was hit and some small parts fall into the distribution chain cover in the front.
Very happy to help you if you have any questions.

Wow, you did a great job bringing it back. Did you buy all new parts or used, may i know from where if used. Also will super appreciate if you can share more pics, maybe through google drive or dropbox.
Call me crazy but sometimes I feel that I am trying to finish a car using the catalog But I really do not want to take the car in to a workshop again unless I have all the parts as I cannot afford more parts being stolen!!

Old 12-06-2018, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by boxercupdave
It's great seeing people doing these types of efforts on there cars. As our cars get older I'm sure we'll see more of this.

Call2sala, I would first use a scope to see if any debris has gotten into the intakes on both sides. I would also make a couple of plates to cover the openings until you put the intake assy back on.

First thing I'd do is get it to a point where you can apply battery power and start to bring up the systems. Maybe see what codes you get on the chassis port and when the engine is ready to run, see what if any codes show up on the ODB Engine port.

Dave
Thanks for the tips, will surely try to close all the openings. It doesn't have the radiator on so not sure if I can start it now.

Old 12-06-2018, 12:40 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Are the alternator and compressor missing as well, don't see them in the pic? Curious as why these are off when accident doesn't look to include subframe bits.

I've rebuilt numerous crashes from street to race GT4's, demarried countless amounts. Minus paint/prep and correcting alignment of panels/frame from crash, you have about a good week of work with bolting on parts, maybe even less(not bad as it looks). Are you looking for a complete list of stuff needed? I might be able to help but think your best bet is to visit a dealer and go through the parts catalog, page after page taking pictures. The big panel parts are easy, it's all the smaller brackets/clips/bolts that are going to be a PITA.

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 12-07-2018, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by Irish07@VelocityAP
Are the alternator and compressor missing as well, don't see them in the pic? Curious as why these are off when accident doesn't look to include subframe bits.

I've rebuilt numerous crashes from street to race GT4's, demarried countless amounts. Minus paint/prep and correcting alignment of panels/frame from crash, you have about a good week of work with bolting on parts, maybe even less(not bad as it looks). Are you looking for a complete list of stuff needed? I might be able to help but think your best bet is to visit a dealer and go through the parts catalog, page after page taking pictures. The big panel parts are easy, it's all the smaller brackets/clips/bolts that are going to be a PITA.

Thanks so much Christopher, that's very encouraging as many people have been telling me that I am months away. You got a real eye for things, you are right the alternator and compressor is missing which was supposed to be there. The workshop I gave my car to and was there for ages, took a lot of parts out of the car and at that time I did not know about these things when I had finally taken the car from his workshop, so I do not have any legal proof. The car was there for around 2 years and I trusted him like a real friend. He still owes me parts that I paid for. I decided to do the project myself and been looking at scuderia catalog to see what parts are required and might fit in empty gaps. If there is any kind of workshop manual, it will be really helpful to know if I am still missing on parts and match up what I have. So far my list includes;
Alterrnator, Compressor, 2 air box (complete Air Charging Section), Complete Grille Opening Section, Complete radiator Section, Some Engine Cooling pipes (been matching with catalog pictures), Air con pipes (Partly).
You are right about small parts are confusing like Sensors and some empty slots etc Like Drier is there in car but lines beyond it are missing.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:16 AM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
Check Ebay for the manuals. Here's just one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASTON-MARTI...0AAOSwvD5aMWen

Cool to see somebody bringing a car back to life.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:28 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by call2sala
Thanks so much Christopher, that's very encouraging as many people have been telling me that I am months away. You got a real eye for things, you are right the alternator and compressor is missing which was supposed to be there. The workshop I gave my car to and was there for ages, took a lot of parts out of the car and at that time I did not know about these things when I had finally taken the car from his workshop, so I do not have any legal proof. The car was there for around 2 years and I trusted him like a real friend. He still owes me parts that I paid for. I decided to do the project myself and been looking at scuderia catalog to see what parts are required and might fit in empty gaps. If there is any kind of workshop manual, it will be really helpful to know if I am still missing on parts and match up what I have. So far my list includes;
Alterrnator, Compressor, 2 air box (complete Air Charging Section), Complete Grille Opening Section, Complete radiator Section, Some Engine Cooling pipes (been matching with catalog pictures), Air con pipes (Partly).
You are right about small parts are confusing like Sensors and some empty slots etc Like Drier is there in car but lines beyond it are missing.
Totally understand..well if you need my help in any way, my email is in the sig

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need Help with my Aston Martin DBS