Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Warrantech - warranty transfer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 02:16 PM
lovingit is on a distinguished road
Warrantech - warranty transfer

I bought my car from a non AM dealer. Apparently, the previous owner who sold the car to the dealer, bought warranty that is valid until Feb 2019. He was willing to transfer it to my name. He actually called me and told me that when he spoke to Warrantech about transferring it to me, Warrantech advised him to have the dealer call. I'm not sure why they told him that as he is the policy holder. The dealer sales manager called Warrantech today and gave me an update. Warrantech told the dealer that their contract specifies that warranty can only be transferred from private party to private party sale. Not dealer to consumer. Do you guys think that there is a way for the previous owner to call Warrantech and just tell them it was a private sale or do they have records that it was sold to the dealer?

Old 12-10-2018, 02:48 PM
BMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant futureBMW-North has a brilliant future
Is it worth committing fraud for 2 months coverage? That's what you'd end up doing since you'll have to falsify the Transfer Form and possibly produce a fake Bill of Sale from the PO - you'll not be able to fake the title transfer details though. BTW what's in it at this point for the PO - 'cept maybe a criminal record?

Here's the exact requirements to transfer the coverage (see attachment) - the seller should have known this - especially item #1 & #7.
BTW - note the statement beside the signature requirements:
By my signature, I hereby verify that the information shown on this form is true, correct and complete.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ServiceContractTransferForm.pdf (173.3 KB, 60 views)

Last edited by BMW-North; 12-10-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:33 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
What is interesting is that my Aston Martin Extended Warranty (until July next year) is NOT transferred to the next owner if I do a private sale. Apparently it only transfers if I sell back to an AM dealer and that dealer passes it to the next owner from what I understand.

Old 12-10-2018, 04:46 PM
lovingit is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
What is interesting is that my Aston Martin Extended Warranty (until July next year) is NOT transferred to the next owner if I do a private sale. Apparently it only transfers if I sell back to an AM dealer and that dealer passes it to the next owner from what I understand.
Did you buy it through Warrantech? Maybe different providers have different rules.