Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

Help identifying these HRE wheels?

Old 12-11-2018, 05:55 PM
lp76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Help identifying these HRE wheels?

I’m looking to possibly purchase these but can’t find much info on them other than possibly being 540s (which they are not)

seller has has no clue either....sadly.

anyone have a clue why they are? How much might they be worth?

thanks for any help!

Old 12-11-2018, 05:59 PM
soslo is on a distinguished road
HRE usually stamps their wheels with a serial # on the back. Email them the serial # and they can tell you all about it, model #, size, offsets, and also what car it was intended for. I've emailed them two or three times before to ID wheels, and they have always replied within 24 hours.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by soslo
HRE usually stamps their wheels with a serial # on the back. Email them the serial # and they can tell you all about it, model #, size, offsets, and also what car it was intended for. I've emailed them two or three times before to ID wheels, and they have always replied within 24 hours.

thanks! I’ll have the seller get me those stamps. (Hopefully)

Old 12-11-2018, 07:37 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
i think the are the HRE 300 Classic Series

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 12-12-2018, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by HRE_Jurrian
Yes, typically 99% of the time that's the case but this set has been modified after we produced it. Those barrels are not ours, nor do we sandwich mount our centers which is what this set appears to be doing. I would be very cautious here and make sure the person selling you this set knows the ins and outs of this set and why the barrels have been modified, etc...

Best of luck, but I would move on if things seem to sketchy about it.

thanks so much! Considering the price they are asking snd after what you just mentioned I am definitely going to pass. Nice wheels, but if the owner does not know he’s selling, I don’t want any part of it. Thanks again, HRE!

Old 12-12-2018, 09:49 AM
soslo is on a distinguished road
Just curious, OP do you mind divulging how much the seller was asking for the wheels?

Old 12-12-2018, 10:51 AM
zoo
zoo has much to be proud ofzoo has much to be proud ofzoo has much to be proud ofzoo has much to be proud ofzoo has much to be proud ofzoo has much to be proud ofzoo has much to be proud ofzoo has much to be proud of
Yes, typically 99% of the time that's the case but this set has been modified after we produced it. Those barrels are not ours, nor do we sandwich mount our centers which is what this set appears to be doing. I would be very cautious here and make sure the person selling you this set knows the ins and outs of this set and why the barrels have been modified, etc...

Best of luck, but I would move on if things seem to sketchy about it.
HRE may not sandwich mount the faces now but they certainly did in the past(and you should know your own products and history better).
525, for example
Attachment 536652

Name:  4z1M0ra.png
Views: 503
Size:  1.02 MB

Old 12-12-2018, 11:07 AM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Hey and you should know we're not talking about HRE's from 20-30 years ago, we're talking about the Classic 300 as you see pictured in the first post, which was developed in the 2010+ era. Can you point out where I said HRE has NEVER done sandwich mount wheels? No you can't, so please move on, I'm trying to tell the nice Gentlemen who wanted to potentially buy this set that it has been modified outside our spec, and you have to come in here saying that I'm wrong? OK bud.

Thanks for your comment though, you sure did show me LOL

My 2cents....

You are a board sponsor and someone looking to engage in business with people on this forum. This response is in poor taste and unprofessional.

Old 12-12-2018, 11:10 AM
zoo
zoo has much to be proud ofzoo has much to be proud ofzoo has much to be proud ofzoo has much to be proud ofzoo has much to be proud ofzoo has much to be proud ofzoo has much to be proud ofzoo has much to be proud of
Not not trying to "show" you. I dint even bother correct you and point out that barrels do not need modification for sandwich mount, just the faces need a register cut.

Old 12-12-2018, 12:39 PM
Cattywampus is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey and you should know we're not talking about HRE's from 20-30 years ago, we're talking about the Classic 300 as you see pictured in the first post, which was developed in the 2010+ era. Can you point out where I said HRE has NEVER done sandwich mount wheels? No you can't, so please move on, I'm trying to tell the nice Gentlemen who wanted to potentially buy this set that it has been modified outside our spec, and you have to come in here saying that I'm wrong? OK bud.

Thanks for your comment though, you sure did show me LOL

wow, poor form indeed

Old 12-12-2018, 01:49 PM
zoo
Originally Posted by lp76
I’m looking to possibly purchase these but can’t find much info on them other than possibly being 540s (which they are not)

thanks for any help!
Ok, onto actual answers.
People did refer to these as the early version of the 540, and I believe the design has changed
A few did come sandwiched from HRE.
Best example in this case: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...x8-9-hres.html
Pics:

Other type had face mounted from front.

Last edited by zoo; 12-12-2018 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by zoo
Ok, onto actual answers.
People did refer to these as the early version of the 540, and I believe the design has changed
A few did come sandwiched from HRE.
Best example in this case: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...x8-9-hres.html
Pics:

Other type had face mounted from front.

thanks for for your help!

Old 03-13-2019, 04:35 PM
zoo
Originally Posted by lp76

thanks for any help!
HRE 535
took me long enough to realize