Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Does Aston leather get loose too much?

Old 12-12-2018, 06:04 PM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
Does Aston leather get loose too much?

Looking at used DBS's and Vanquish's (Vanquishes? Vanquishi?), and is it me, or does the leather look really worn out and loose fairly often? Or the padding underneath is junk and collapses quickly?

What's a little disappointing is that I love the Vanquish snakeskin look, yet the center of the seat is one flat piece of leather with zero design and zero stitching and zero anything.

Or am I just misinterpreting the pictures I'm seeing in the cars for sale?

Old 12-13-2018, 11:24 AM
mjanis will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Viper98912
Looking at used DBS's and Vanquish's (Vanquishes? Vanquishi?), and is it me, or does the leather look really worn out and loose fairly often? Or the padding underneath is junk and collapses quickly?

What's a little disappointing is that I love the Vanquish snakeskin look, yet the center of the seat is one flat piece of leather with zero design and zero stitching and zero anything.

Or am I just misinterpreting the pictures I'm seeing in the cars for sale?
Your observations about the seat design and stretched out leather are correct when you talk about older cars. It's one of the reasons Aston changed the seat design. You can search for threads on this topic, a few exist. The best solution is to take it to a good upholstery shop to fix.

Old 12-13-2018, 03:04 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
I've experienced some minor slack in my 2009 vantage seats with the bridge of wier leather... honesty I have better seats in my Volvo sport wagon with 85,000 miles...

I'm not at the point of geting it fixed but I can see a little dent where my wallet is in my back pocket... so I've gotten into the habit of taking it out of my back pocket

Old 12-14-2018, 08:28 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
yeah its definitely one of the strange spots, i think the leather is so soft that it wears or stretches our quicker than most leathers... seats in my Cayenne are like new with nearly 2.5x the miles where my car with 30k is starting to have the wrinkley butt and worn side bolster on the door side